TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post clutch TSB noise?

KR158

Had tsb done on my kr about 90 days ago at 2k miles. Dealer has done several of the tsb jobs. Car drives better and clutch seems very light. Problem I am having is whe. Clutch is not engaged and car is at idle in N the clutch makes a lot of noise or chatter, once I press the clutch in the noise goes away? I talked to another guy who had his clutch done at the same dealer who has the same noise. Is it common for the car, clutch to make noise after tsb when clutch is not enaged or is something wrong with our cars?

Had tsb done on my kr about 90 days ago at 2k miles. Dealer has done several of the tsb jobs. Car drives better and clutch seems very light. Problem I am having is whe. Clutch is not engaged and car is at idle in N the clutch makes a lot of noise or chatter, once I press the clutch in the noise goes away? I talked to another guy who had his clutch done at the same dealer who has the same noise. Is it common for the car, clutch to make noise after tsb when clutch is not enaged or is something wrong with our cars?

The noise goes away after TSB because a new pilot bearing is installed and it will come back after driving for a bit, completely normal IMO. My car took about 100 miles of driving before it reached a pre TSB level of noise.

Gear roll over noise is normal per what ford has told us. Some cars seem to have it more than others.

20442 2007-2009 MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 - CLUTCH CHATTER

SOME 2007 - 2009 SHELBY GT500 MUSTANGS EQUIPPED WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT A "CLUTCH CHATTER" DURING INITIAL TAKE-OFF OF THE VEHICLE WHEN THE TRANSMISSION IS HOT. THE CLUTCH CHATTER MAY BE PRESENT IN 1ST AND/OR REVERSE GEARS AND IS CONSIDERED A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC CAUSED BY THE CERAMETALIC CLUTCH LINING. THE CLUTCH CHATTER HAS NO EFFECT ON THE PERFORMANCE OR DURABILITY OF THE VEHICLE. COMPARE TO A LIKE UNIT. IF THE SYMPTOM IS EXCESSIVE COMPARED TO A LIKE UNIT, FOLLOW NORMAL WORKSHOP MANUAL PROCEDURES TO FURTHER DIAGNOSE THE ISSUE.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/15/2008

SOME 2007 - 2009 SHELBY GT500 MUSTANGS EQUIPPED WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT A "GEAR RATTLE" NOISE FROM THE DRIVELINE IN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR UNDER LIGHT ACCELERATION. THE NOISE IS ONLY PRESENT IN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR AND IS CONSIDERED A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC CAUSED BY THE CONTACT PATTERN OF THESE GEARS. THE GEAR RATTLE NOISE HAS NO EFFECT ON THE PERFORMANCE OR DURABILITY OF THE VEHICLE. COMPARE TO A LIKE UNIT. IF THE SYMPTOM IS EXCESSIVE COMPARED TO A LIKE UNIT, FOLLOW NORMAL WORKSHOP MANUAL PROCEDURES TO FURTHER DIAGNOSE THE ISSUE.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 09/15/2008

Here is a thread on it:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37150-clutch-chatter-gear-roll-over-noise-normal/page__view__findpost__p__584344

Archived