TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quarter Window Delete

jerobinson

I just got my new Shelby Catalog last week and see that on the 2011 GT 500 and the new GT 350 have a rear window quarter panel covers or delete no louvers. I like this look is it a cover or a complete replacement of the quarter window. This is my first post so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just got my new Shelby Catalog last week and see that on the 2011 GT 500 and the new GT 350 have a rear window quarter panel covers or delete no louvers. I like this look is it a cover or a complete replacement of the quarter window. This is my first post so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to Team Shelby!

If you are referring to the item on page 27, those are covers. They appear to mount via 3m adhesive. If you are looking for flush mount louvers, you might want to consider Silverhorse Racing. They look awesome in my opinion.

2005-2009 Mustangs:

http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16141&category_id=255

2010-2011 Mustangs:

http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16198&category_id=275

Thanks

The covers I was looking at are on page 42 & 43 - it looks like they are painted the color of the car on both the Super Snake and the GT 350 - But the only ones for sale are the black or brushed.

I have seen the Silver Horse Louvers and they do look great - I have heard that taking the glass out is really tricky and can cause some heartburn. Is it a body shop job or can someone with pretty good mechanical skill pull it off?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to Team Shelby!

If you are referring to the item on page 27, those are covers. They appear to mount via 3m adhesive. If you are looking for flush mount louvers, you might want to consider Silverhorse Racing. They look awesome in my opinion.

2005-2009 Mustangs:

http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16141&category_id=255

2010-2011 Mustangs:

http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16198&category_id=275

The covers I was looking at are on page 42 & 43 - it looks like they are painted the color of the car on both the Super Snake and the GT 350 - But the only ones for sale are the black or brushed.

I have seen the Silver Horse Louvers and they do look great - I have heard that taking the glass out is really tricky and can cause some heartburn. Is it a body shop job or can someone with pretty good mechanical skill pull it off?

Thanks

Thanks

I am not positive, but I think they might just be "stick-on" types also. If you call SPP, I'm sure they could give you an answer as to adhesion. I'll bet the ones on the SS and GT350 are not sold separately to the consumer. But, pay the price for the conversion and you'll get 'em!

I don't have the Silverhorse Louvers but they are on my short list for my SGT. I know that Andrew Nagle (TS member) had them on his first SGT (black) and after that car was crashed, he put them on his new SGT (white). I am assuming it was a little time consuming but not impossible for someone to do. I guess patience and steady hands are a necessity. What year and type is your Stang?

I am not positive, but I think they might just be "stick-on" types also. If you call SPP, I'm sure they could give you an answer as to adhesion. I'll bet the ones on the SS and GT350 are not sold separately to the consumer. But, pay the price for the conversion and you'll get 'em!

I don't have the Silverhorse Louvers but they are on my short list for my SGT. I know that Andrew Nagle (TS member) had them on his first SGT (black) and after that car was crashed, he put them on his new SGT (white). I am assuming it was a little time consuming but not impossible for someone to do. I guess patience and steady hands are a necessity. What year and type is your Stang?

I will need to work on the patience part - those Silverhorse Louvers do look good though

I have an 07 Shelby GT 500 - Vista Blue with White Stripes. Got it about a year ago and now am collecting items to put on it this winter while the snow flys. I have added a BBK CAI already and have a set of Eibach Pro Steet lowering springs adjustible panhard bar and adjustible upper link to put on this winter.

My "Stick on" quarter window covers on the Terlingua are now full blanks. I had the windows removed and the covers riveted on, so it CAN be done. Removing the glass is a PITA if you do not know what you are doing. It really is easier to have someone else do it.

Horrible picture but I was not aiming to take a picture of the quarter windows.

Photo212.jpg

you had the thin ones shelby sells riveted on? or did you make your own panels?

The thin ones are riveted on and stay put. They don't leak, rattle or anything else and have been this way for a year now. The Terlingua has the the bunny stamped into the panel which is why I used them.

My "Stick on" quarter window covers on the Terlingua are now full blanks. I had the windows removed and the covers riveted on, so it CAN be done. Removing the glass is a PITA if you do not know what you are doing. It really is easier to have someone else do it.

Horrible picture but I was not aiming to take a picture of the quarter windows.

Photo212.jpg

very cool,,but ,, :headscratch: ,,I think you need some new tires ,maybe a new wheels also,

very cool,,but ,, :headscratch: ,,I think you need some new tires ,maybe a new wheels also,

Yesterday :poke:

5233130658_fe3940782d_z.jpg

Nice looking group of toys - I see you have painted quarter window panels - look nice - did you do this yourself ? I think that is the look I am tyring to get for my GT 500

Yup, did it myself... kinda a bitch to keep the rivets bare during painting, but worth the effort to me...

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

Archived