TEAM SHELBY FORUM

more F14's

jrhsvt

I would have gone with the correct backspacing and go with 325/30/19's, otherwise, looks good but if you're going to spend the big $$, put on some fat meat. I'm assuming by looking at the rear tire, your rears are 11's ?? Like I said before, if you're backspacing is a little much, you can always come out with a small spacer but if not enough.....you're screwed, can't go in.

I would have gone with the correct backspacing and go with 325/30/19's, otherwise, looks good but if you're going to spend the big $$, put on some fat meat. I'm assuming by looking at the rear tire, your rears are 11's ?? Like I said before, if you're backspacing is a little much, you can always come out with a small spacer but if not enough.....you're screwed, can't go in.

I am screwed. Yes, they are 11'' in rear. I should have taken your advise over the "experts" at the wheel company. Backspacing in rear is 8''. You said make it 8.25'' to be safe. YOU WERE RIGHT! Is there a way to kick my own a$$?

Can the fenders be rolled a bit? The 325's didn't stick out a whole lot, just a tad. My main concern was that they would hit the outside fender if fully compressed. Any last ditch effort advise? haha, this time I'll take your advise more seriously than the folks I bought them from.

I am screwed. Yes, they are 11'' in rear. I should have taken your advise over the "experts" at the wheel company. Backspacing in rear is 8''. You said make it 8.25'' to be safe. YOU WERE RIGHT! Is there a way to kick my own a$$?

Can the fenders be rolled a bit? The 325's didn't stick out a whole lot, just a tad. My main concern was that they would hit the outside fender if fully compressed. Any last ditch effort advise? haha, this time I'll take your advise more seriously than the folks I bought them from.

I'm too distant to kick it for you :) Forgot I gave you the advice...... This body style fenders are factory rolled so no, can't do that. See if they'll give you credit and build you new rear ones??

Believe me, I've played with cars all my life and have gone thru many sets of diff. types of wheels and tires, I consider myself a wheel/tire expert in terms of understanding offset/backspace and tire sizing. I measure all my stuff 3+ times over to make it right, mine sit perfect, no rub, no spacers etc.....I've hit ruts, holes, up/down driveways and nothing......my 325's sit just perfect.

I'm too distant to kick it for you :) Forgot I gave you the advice...... This body style fenders are factory rolled so no, can't do that. See if they'll give you credit and build you new rear ones??

Believe me, I've played with cars all my life and have gone thru many sets of diff. types of wheels and tires, I consider myself a wheel/tire expert in terms of understanding offset/backspace and tire sizing. I measure all my stuff 3+ times over to make it right, mine sit perfect, no rub, no spacers etc.....I've hit ruts, holes, up/down driveways and nothing......my 325's sit just perfect.

What offsets do you have on your front/rear wheels? Thanks.

Erm, um yes what offsets are you working with?

Rear ideal b.s. 10's - 7.25, 10.5 - 7.75, 11's - 8.25 inches. I helped many on this site, these are the numbers you want for backspacing. Even Steve of TrueForged emailed me for info.......no problem helping him, he's a great asset to these sites......posts often on SVTp. I know he builds his 11's with an 8" b.s., not enough for any more tire than a 305.

Hope this helps.

Speaking of 305, why don't they offer a 305/35/19? That would put the diameter closer to stock. It seems there's only 305/30/19 which is like 26.3'' give or take...Any takers?

I googled this size and got a recent post on a corvette forum......apparently coming in a DR, 305/35/19's :happy feet:

Rear ideal b.s. 10's - 7.25, 10.5 - 7.75, 11's - 8.25 inches. I helped many on this site, these are the numbers you want for backspacing. Even Steve of TrueForged emailed me for info.......no problem helping him, he's a great asset to these sites......posts often on SVTp. I know he builds his 11's with an 8" b.s., not enough for any more tire than a 305.

Hope this helps.

Thanks !!

Can BS be converted to offset? What's the ideal offset for the front wheels?

Thanks !!

Can BS be converted to offset? What's the ideal offset for the front wheels?

Yes but there will be some variance depending on manufacturer. My 9's in front have a 6.25 b.s., will have to double check the offset when I get the chance but i believe they were 38mm for the front 9" Due to the large brakes and rotor design, the fronts have a large mounting flange (thick)

Looks great. I haven't been able to push myself to lowering mine yet because of my past experiences with my vette. Hows your traction compared to your old setup?

Looks great. I haven't been able to push myself to lowering mine yet because of my past experiences with my vette. Hows your traction compared to your old setup?

It's been a little chilly out here so it's hard to tell. It takes more to break loose than stock, but my old set up is far superior. Have you bought some DR for those 18's yet? It's been forever!

It's been a little chilly out here so it's hard to tell. It takes more to break loose than stock, but my old set up is far superior. Have you bought some DR for those 18's yet? It's been forever!

I'm in a slight holding pattern trying to decide between the MT, and what your old setup was with the Nittos (while trying to burn off my KDW2s). This cooler weather is making for some fun rides dance.gif

Archived