My FRPP Aluminator M-6009-A463V came in today

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The plan is to build this engine in it entirety outside of the car and to keep the existing engine completely intact so I can sell it as a "crate engine".

Here is a list of stuff going in not including the $1,000 worth of gaskets, bolts, sensors and brackets !

FRPP M-9424-463V Intake Manifold

FRPP M-6050-463P and M-6049-463P CNC Heads, gaskets, new bolts

FRPP M-6550-3V Hot Rod Cams, new bolts

FRPP M-9926-3V Throttle Body

FRPP M-6582-3VBLK Valve covers, gaskets

FRPP M-9430-s197 Jet Hot Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, gaskets, new bolts

FRPP M-4209-G410 4.10 Gears

FRPP M-12405-3V12 Spark plugs

Ford Coil on Plugs 8L3e-12a366-aa

Fore Fuel Rails

BBR Adjustable Motor Mounts

F6AZ-6L266-DA Timing Guide Tensioner - RH (2 Valve Steel Bodied)

F6AZ-6L266-CA Timing Guide Tensioner - LH (2 Valve Steel Bodied)

Zex nitrous system, heater, bottle opener, blowdown kit

SOS cup holder 2 1/16 gauge 4 switch

AutoMeter 6174 nitrous pressure gauge

Afco Radiator

Samco Hoses

PA Performance Alternator 130 amps and HD wiring

Thump RRR Belt Tensioner and idler pulleys

FRPP M-5570-A Jounce Bump Stop Kit

IW Balancer (off of current Shelby)

Exedy 8-bolt Flywheel Steel

Exedy Mach500

ARP Flywheel Bolts

Moroso Oil Pan 20546

JPC Racing Clutch line

TSS Billet Gear Oil Pump

Meziere Electric Water Pump

ARP Head Bolts

Still waiting on a few things before I can hand this over to Appalachian Performance !

Will keep you posted,

Andrew

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you think the projected Horsepower will be??????

No idea, I plan on pulling a baseline dyno on the stock engine and then again when we drop this in. Probably will use a 125 N2O shot and in a couple of years add a S/C.

Looking at this set up for Wheels and Brakes

Brembo 4-Piston Caliper RF 7R3Z-2B120-A

Brembo 4-Piston Caliper LF 7R3Z-2B121-A

Caliper Anchor Bolts (4) W710233-S439

Dust Shield to Knuckle Bolts (6) W500020-S439

Brake Dust Shields 7R3Z-2K004-A

Hawk HPS pads (front) D1001HPS

DBA Rotors Front (GT500) 42124BLKXS

DBA Rotors Rear (Mustang GT) 42114XS

Goodridge SS lines (already on)

Rear Calipers OEM and HPS pads

ATE Super Blue DOT 4 Racing Brake Fluid

CS69 18 x 9 Hyper Black Wheels (4)

Goodyear F1 SuperCar Front 255/45/18

Rear 285/40/18

No idea, I plan on pulling a baseline dyno on the stock engine and then again when we drop this in. Probably will use a 125 N2O shot and in a couple of years add a S/C.

Rear 285/40/18

Rear 285/40/18

Oh baby!

I have the 9.5" CS-69 in hyper-black. With hindsight firmly 20-20, I'd get black or chrome... It'll look different on the white car, though...

misc01.jpg

Out of curiosity, how much on the motor build alone are you expecting to spend? I have been thinking about building a motor like this myself but haven't looked too far into it for fear of the costs.

The short block was $3,300 shipped and the rest just depends.

Since I want to make this a separate "crate" engine I know I am spending more and duplicating lots of parts, Alternator, A/C compressor, P/S Pump, shorty headers, Intake manifold, throttle body, valve covers, heads, ARP, head bolts, cams, all idler pulleys, belt tensioner, crankshaft pulley, 8-bolt flywheel, new clutch, serpentine belt, timing cover, oil pan, all new gaskets and bolts.

IF you use all of this from your current engine except the gaskets, torque to yield bolts, 8-bolt flywheel you will come out substantially cheaper.

Once all the parts arrive and I get an inventory I will be glad to share the exact costs. But I have budgeted $10K for this and hope to sell the low mile stock 4.6L 3 V "crate" engine for $3,500 to $3,800 to pay for the new wheels and brakes !

Take Care

Andrew

Oh baby!

I have the 9.5" CS-69 in hyper-black. With hindsight firmly 20-20, I'd get black or chrome... It'll look different on the white car, though...

misc01.jpg

Interesting, sleep on if you want to sell them. I get a really go UPS discount and it may not be out of the question to ship them across the country. I need to wait until after this build and sell the old engine for the funds and than I plan on selling the stock wheels and tires.

Andrew

07SGT4623

web.jpg

YEAH, Baby ! ! !

Thanks

Andrew

It looks like fun. I had the pleasure of building a Shelby aluminium 427 side oiler for my 67 GT500 with all the goodies. So I am sure your build will be spectacular.

I have to ask a stupid question however. I am not familiar with the motor you speak of. What is the cubic inch of that motor or cubic liter as it were?

I have heard of the new 5.0, is this the one you are building or what?

Thanks, Jonathan

It looks like fun. I had the pleasure of building a Shelby aluminium 427 side oiler for my 67 GT500 with all the goodies. So I am sure your build will be spectacular.

I have to ask a stupid question however. I am not familiar with the motor you speak of. What is the cubic inch of that motor or cubic liter as it were?

I have heard of the new 5.0, is this the one you are building or what?

Thanks, Jonathan

It is the 4.6L and basically plug and play with the 2005-2009 Mustang GT's

Here is a link to Ford Racing Website

Andrew

Black Samco Hoses cam in today

web.jpg

ordered the following clamps from McMaster-Carr

1 Each 5325K27 304 SS Constant-Tension Clamp W/410 SS Screw 1" to 1-3/4" Clamp Dia Range, 5/8" Band Width $8.20

4 Each 5325K28 304 SS Constant-Tension Clamp W/410 SS Screw 1-1/4" to 2-1/8" Clamp Dia Range, 5/8" Band Width $8.20

2 Each 54205K11 301 SS Constant-Tension Worm-Drive Clamp 9/16" to 1-1/16" Clamp Dia Range, 9/16" Band Width $4.74

Andrew

Good luck, Andrew... looks like FUN!

Take lots of pix!

Jer

All i can say is sweeeet sounding build Andrew. My best friend of 47 years from 1st grade is moving to Holly Springs NC. so I will be looking for one of the 1st rides this spring when i come out to stay with him and his family over Memorial Day weekend. That being said, I call shot gun. :hysterical: Good luck on the build and hopefully it will be ready by Memorial weekend and you live close to Holly Springs.

Scotty :salute:

All i can say is sweeeet sounding build Andrew. My best friend of 47 years from 1st grade is moving to Holly Springs NC. so I will be looking for one of the 1st rides this spring when i come out to stay with him and his family over Memorial Day weekend. That being said, I call shot gun. :hysterical: Good luck on the build and hopefully it will be ready by Memorial weekend and you live close to Holly Springs.

Scotty :salute:

Thanks Scotty !

Unfortunately Holly Springs is just south of Raleigh and about 4-5 hours east of me. We are nestled in the mountains.

This thing should be done by then or I am in serious trouble....

Thanks again,

Andrew

Bunch of parts came in fromSilver State Ford Parts today ! Took me about 45 minutes to inventory and tag everything.

i did not realize the timing cover came with the stock tensioner, belt drive pulley and a smooth idler already installed, so I am having to return a few things.

I got the Thumper RRR belt tensioner and pulleys on, I took the photo before I put all 3 belt tensioner bolts on so don't worry. Needed to go find 10mm and 13mm sockets, everything is at work and our mechanics do not keep the company tools organized.

I am seriously debating getting it and the coolant cross-over Jet-Hot coated the quote was $120 to do both things in their sterling finish.

web.jpg

Also wondering where to get a billet "ribbed" belt drive pulley instead of that black plastic crap.

Thanks

Andrew

let me know if you find a replacement for that plastic pulley! mine seems more wobbly than I like, not sure if that's normal or not though...

I am going to call Metco tomorrow and see if they will sell the 87mm grooved idler pulley out of their 4 pulley kit separately.

Going to also email Thump RRR and ask them how much to make me one !

I will keep you posted

Andrew

I don't think I'd buy if it's metco, those look quite a bit different then the thump's i have already, BUT, you can tell thump that I WILL buy one too if they make one that matches the others! I should qualify that with some price level probably, but I'm not really sure what that threshhold is in my drunken state lol... keep me posted!

Archived