TEAM SHELBY FORUM

End of the line?

sudden

Hey, I am not making a quote on this subject, but I have been reading lately and I am gettin the feeling that the 2012 Shelby GT 500 might end the line. No 2013? I think Ford will be going to the Bosses for the future. Maybe a Boss 429? I think that Ford has done all they can do with the GT500 and is a fine machine. Time to move on? There are very small changes between to 2011 and 2012 GT 500. Maybe the Mayan prophecy is true no more after 2012, NO MASS? SUDDEN.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the body change won't be till the 2014MY. Robert has posted an article some time ago stating that Mr.Shelby was working with Ford on the 2012 & 2013 GT500. I think 2013 will be the end of the GT500. Rumor on other forums are that Ford/SVT will bring back the SVT Cobra with the new 5.0 and some type of FI. We just have to wait and see. :happy feet:

The 500 lives through 2013 MY.

The 500 lives through 2013 MY.

I am thinking that 2013 GT 500 will be left over 2012s with very very minor changes, then bye-bye. I am also thinking that there is now quite a few Shelbys out there for SAI to sell parts to for many years. Good for us! Sudden.

The Boss will only be for 2 MY. 2012 and 13. So they aren't dropping the Shelby. But 2014 will see a new redesign of the mustang and early reports say the retro look will be gone.

I guess everything has to move on and the new mustang will probably be smaller and lighter and have engines that fit the CAFE requirements.

That's okay with me- I've got my retro muscle car and now I don't have to worry about spending more money to get the newest...of course I just dropped 35k to get mine upgraded to a Super Snake.

I can see it now......this thread is going to turn into a p______ng contest in about a week or so.

But until it gets ugly, I just want to say that I agree with Whammer, in that I got my retro-style Mustang that I waited for, virtually all of my adult life.

I don't really care what they do from here on out. Without the possible exception of seeing maybe a Mach1 right after this BOSS in the current body before they turn the Mustang nameplate over to the ricer crowd.

edit: the ricer crowd, meaning from a styling standpoint.

Hey, I am not making a quote on this subject, but I have been reading lately and I am gettin the feeling that the 2012 Shelby GT 500 might end the line. No 2013? I think Ford will be going to the Bosses for the future. Maybe a Boss 429? I think that Ford has done all they can do with the GT500 and is a fine machine. Time to move on? There are very small changes between to 2011 and 2012 GT 500. Maybe the Mayan prophecy is true no more after 2012, NO MASS? SUDDEN.

A 7+liter V8 in a production passenger car? Ain't gonna happen... Heck I'd be happy to see a 351 :)

I can see it now......this thread is going to turn into a p______ng contest in about a week or so.

But until it gets ugly, I just want to say that I agree with Whammer, in that I got my retro-style Mustang that I waited for, virtually all of my adult life.

I don't really care what they do from here on out. Without the possible exception of seeing maybe a Mach1 right after this BOSS in the current body before they turn the Mustang nameplate over to the ricer crowd.

edit: the ricer crowd, meaning from a styling standpoint.

"Get Ugly"???????????

No worries as yours is not one of the

"Fugly Bent Ugly Butt" version GT500s........ :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

Ford has been doing a great job of styling the Mustang. Why would that suddenly stop? The next gen mustang will look better, be lighter and perform better. Personally I hope they continue to make the Shelby GT500 into the next generation. With competition from the Z28 it would be an incredible car. They only people hoping for an end to the Shelby are current owners thinking about collectibility.....and they don't want a future 3500lb 700hp factory GT500 with great traction leaving their cars in the dust performance wise........

Ford has been doing a great job of styling the Mustang. Why would that suddenly stop? The next gen mustang will look better, be lighter and perform better. Personally I hope they continue to make the Shelby GT500 into the next generation. With competition from the Z28 it would be an incredible car. They only people hoping for an end to the Shelby are current owners thinking about collectibility.....and they don't want a future 3500lb 700hp factory GT500 with great traction leaving their cars in the dust performance wise........

Absolutely agree. Ford is doing a fantastic job with the Mustang at all trim levels. Just look at the '11 GTs running 12.3's in showroom form. As for GT500 "collectability", forget about it, that possibility went out the window 25,000 units ago.

They only people hoping for an end to the Shelby are current owners thinking about collectibility.....and they don't want a future 3500lb 700hp factory GT500 with great traction leaving their cars in the dust performance wise........

I agree as well and I hope they keep making the GT500!!!

They only people hoping for an end to the Shelby are current owners thinking about collectibility.....and they don't want a future 3500lb 700hp factory GT500 with great traction leaving their cars in the dust performance wise........

As long as the new ones come with that

"Fugly A$$ Rear End" I couldn't care Less.......... :hysterical:

As long as the new ones come with that

"Fugly A$$ Rear End" I couldn't care Less.......... :hysterical:

Dave, I have two questions for ya!!!!

You don't really care for the new body's Ars End, do ya???!! :hysterical:

Plus.....I'm sorta surprised you haven't replaced your stripes with gold for 'Niner' colors????!! :headscratch: :happy feet: :hysterical3::salute:

That's right, I've been watchin' your posts on my Superbowl thread.

BIKEstroDAMUS

Well my friend........Please read the whole tamale

and as stated I am a life long Raider Fan........Last time

I seen them play their primary color was Black.......

So I'm Okay?????????? :hysterical:

By the way, is "Wicky" hiding from that Thread??????

Well my friend........Please read the whole tamale

and as stated I am a life long Raider Fan........Last time

I seen them play their primary color was Black.......

So I'm Okay?????????? :hysterical:

I shoulda been more clear.....I did see that you are a Raider fan, but I also noticed that you have come to the Niners 'defense' on occasion??? "defense', get it?!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

btw- WTH are they gonna do for a coach now?

No, no, no. Say it ain't so! I'm ready to put down a deposit on a 2018 50th anniversary KR!!!!!!

:hysterical2:

Well...on second thought...a 50th anniversary KR would probably be a way for Ford and Shelby to make a pile of money, and I'm sure that is part of the decison making process :yup:

*Just spitballing now* Think about it., :idea: Shelby and Ford part-ways in 2014, announce nothing...meaning that is the end of it all. Then for one year, and one year only, offer a 50th anniversary KR !!!! *hopefully the body styling would not :censored: by then, as it's about sooo much more then HP and TQ*

Sure that would be WAY out of my price range. But I'm good with it. LIke others have said, I have the retro muscle car I've been wanting, but never really thought would be available, for most of my adult life.

Have to agree on the butt of the 2010+'s too. Not a good look to me. But to each their own.

Even the ones that claim to like the Bent Butt had to Brainwash Themselves????????? :hysterical:

Cough...Cough....(clears throat). I happen to like the rear! :) At first I didnt. I had an 07 GT/ Roush before my 2010, but I fell in love with the Grabber Blue with White Stripes. The added features and comforts of the interior far surpass my 07 and the rear end looks great to me now. The GTs rear does not, but theres something about the GT500 spoiler that makes it look better.

Brainwashed? Hardly. 2 each his own i guess....I myself try not to make it a habit out of making fun/downgrading someone elses choice in body style/MY, just because I dont like it personally.

Cough...Cough....(clears throat). I happen to like the rear! :) At first I didnt. I had an 07 GT/ Roush before my 2010, but I fell in love with the Grabber Blue with White Stripes. The added features and comforts of the interior far surpass my 07 and the rear end looks great to me now. The GTs rear does not, but theres something about the GT500 spoiler that makes it look better.

Brainwashed? Hardly. 2 each his own i guess....I myself try not to make it a habit out of making fun/downgrading someone elses choice in body style/MY, just because I dont like it personally.

Much agree. Love the current body style including the rear aspect. The '05-'09 still looks good and retro but ran its course and is beginning to look a little dated.

Archived