TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVTPP Stripes - HOLY CROW!

Madlock

I was looking through fordparts.com for various parts pricing and stumbled upon the price for replacement tape stripes, each segment of which is sold separately. I was shocked-enough to see certain 9-12" sections running $45 or so, but I almost soiled myself when the SVTPP stripes were priced at about $140 per teeny-tiny section.

Has anybody found a more reasonable price or different source?

I was looking through fordparts.com for various parts pricing and stumbled upon the price for replacement tape stripes, each segment of which is sold separately. I was shocked-enough to see certain 9-12" sections running $45 or so, but I almost soiled myself when the SVTPP stripes were priced at about $140 per teeny-tiny section.

Has anybody found a more reasonable price or different source?

I was told that a complete set of SVTPP stripes from Ford were $1,600 +/-.

I was told that a complete set of SVTPP stripes from Ford were $1,600 +/-.

Jeezus pleezus. Who needs Metamucil at those prices? I can only imagine how insurance companies feel.

If I were ever made to replace the entire set, I'd be hard pressed - even despite my pathologic faithfulness to the window sticker. For $1,600, it might just be enough to motivate me to either leave the car de-striped and spend the money on the white interior stripes I'd prefer (a whole new interior is only $500 more), or having the car re-striped as my heart always hoped - in Grabber Blue through the aftermarket with a new interior to match.

I get the high cost of low volume specialty products, but unless these are made of pigmented platinum and adhered using space shuttle tile glue, stripes are an invitation to be bent over.

The first few years, stipe delete was a credit. I believe it was 2010 when it didn't make a difference anymore.

Wow, really? I did not realize the delete was a discounted item prior to '10.

Funny thing...when I bought my 2006 GMC Sierra, a "badge (logo) delete" cost the customer $350!

Yep, YOU pay THEM....NOT TO add the badges on the rear tailgate. Not only do they save on the price of the badges, but on the labor to install (they are not installed by robot) them...AND....pay them 350 dollars to boot.

Now *that's* just crazy talk! I ordered my truck with the badges on and I'll remove them myself with my heat gun and a little fishing line. And save myself 350 bucks!

And it's not just GM/GMC that charges for delete items.

What a crazy market,

Phill

Send a PM to MrFarmDog on here. He does striping, and material is awesome. Even has markers for setting them correctly, and I'm sure way cheaper...theres a few threads on here from him on it...

+1 on that! Plus there are local guys that can do the same thing if you look for them.

I paid $1200 ( from Ford ) plus install by an expert body man. That cost $600 for the labor but they are much straighter and flaw free than Ford ever gets them on and I have measured and inspected many 2010-'11'. They are a pain to get perfect but it can be done. I totally dissagree with Ford not giving a stripe delete credit!!! That is just wrong! Regards, denohew

post-25955-036826100 1291345222_thumb.jpg

post-25955-036826100 1291345222_thumb.jpg

Have the stripes painted on it will look a lot better.

Painting the stripes on was my first choice until I found out what it would entail. I put the factory stripes on a brand new stripe delete car. It was going to require my bodyman to remove the front end, rear end, both front and rear glass to do it correctly. To me that is way to much tearing into a brand new car for my liking. Also it was going to require alot more time and 3 to 5 times the money! I was going to have it done right if I did paint them on. So it did not take much convincing for me to order the Ford factory stripes and have them put on by a professional. If indeed I was going to paint them on, they would be flush with the rest of the paint and that would require alot of sanding on brand new paint! I think I made the right choice and besides I am not going to keep this car forever, regards, denohew

thats typical for OEM stripes.I bought a set for my last W6 TA and they were $1700 for a vert--sold them for $2500 when i sold that car to buy the Gt500 last year.Turns out they stopped making the stripes so they were pretty rare--the replacent were not very good,so folks wanted an NOS part.Hope thats true for our seats--ive got a set--didnt buy the stripes.yet

Archived