TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your wish list - what would you like to see?

Night Stalker

OK, here's your chance to be heard. Let's keep it positive. There are many cars that haven't been made and graphics that are yet to be touched for many reasons. New paint and decos are easier, it doesnt require tooling dollars and easier to justify. New tooling, well thats another story. So please keep them seperate in regards to new models and new graphics. What would you the collector like to see?

A Lil Red in 1:64 would be nice. Since the Green Hornet EXP500 was already done, the basic casting for what's needed already exists.

The '66 GT-350 verts need representation as well.

And why we haven't seen a 69/70 GT350/500 is beyond me.

Lastly, I'll re-up two I've already asked for, the 'As Found' lost Daytona Coupe, and the '71 Shelby Eurpoa GT350/500.

I would like to see a SR, GT/SR, Supercharged, or Turbo cars. would be easy to make, use the Terlingua body.

Another I would like to see which is kinda out there a bit would be a replica of Kellers KR pace car.

Chris

Edited by 07SGT4578

I was at Terlingua in 2008 for the Shelby Bullrun it would be cool to do cars with the Terlingua Bullrun graphics. I have many photos of cars that were there including mine which was #16.

n770734492_2031621_2935.jpg

Oh Yeah how about the Bullruns flat black Shelby GT. (even though it was ugly as hell with the spoiler on it but it would still be cool to produce)

n770734492_2031607_8887.jpg

OK, here's your chance to be heard. Let's keep it positive. There are many cars that haven't been made and graphics that are yet to be touched for many reasons. New paint and decos are easier, it doesnt require tooling dollars and easier to justify. New tooling, well thats another story. So please keep them seperate in regards to new models and new graphics. What would you the collector like to see?

How about a dirty or rental return series for the GT350-H and the 2006 / 2007 GT-H ..... I think an expansion on the dirty series for all existing 1:64 would be cool

I would like to see the Draggin Snakes made and some of the factory and private Shelby cobras replicated.Maybe even some cobras with the cards dedicated to the likes of Ken Miles , Bob Olthoff , Bob Bondurant and others would have graced the seats of Shelby Cobras .

Thanks for asking.

Frank

glad to see you chime in on this. i knew you would have some good ones to add. :salute:

Here are some of my top favorites:

Ken Miles

Bob Olthoff

Dan Gurney

Dick Smith - CSX3181

Graham Shaw

Ralph Nosedo + Jef Stevens

Tom Paynes CSX 2558 ( The Cut Back )

Don Roberts,Bob Rodgers,Jere Clark , Dave Walters - CSX 2473

Charlie Parsons + Monte Shelton - CSX 2290

Dave MacDonalds CSX 2196 #198 ( The Flip top )

Maybe some of the Lemans Winners in a series.......

I have many more drivers and cobras if you need more ideas :-)

also maybe the Shelby American Team Hauler and some of the Support vehicles

Frank

The TeamShelby trailer that was at the 427 Race and it was at Tulsa in 09 also I liked the idea to produce the F-150 SuperSnake Truck and have it pulling the trailer. Plus you could have T-Shirts and mini diecasts as well as many other items to put in the trailer.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd get back to this one since the post is not too old. My comment below are specifically towards 64th scale.

For single pack; decos using existing tooling (I'm sure you have a list) but how about filling in the blanks of the production colors that have yet to be made, here's a few

2008 Shelby GT Convertible in vista blue

2007 GT500 Coupe in black, silver, and charcoal

2008 GT500 Super Snake in vista blue, grabber orange, and charcoal

Somebody else mentioned this but what about making the 4 shelby LV pace cars; 1 KR and 3 SS (before your NASCAR license expires, if it hasn't already)

What about using the Terlingua to make a few CS/6 cars? I know to be 100% correct you would need to create a smooth rear panel, but I think that could be overlooked since it is a 64th scale car were talking about. I'd rather see it made than not over this small detail. You could print the stripes right over it.

What about tool sharing? I am assuming you can do some tool parts swapping such as;

Switch the Razor wheels from the terlingua to the GT500 coupe to make some 40th Anniversary cars. The wire mesh hood grilles can be tampoed in charcoal ink inside the black surround

Switch the Razor wheels and terlingua hood on the Shelby GT coupe and convertible to make some SGT/SC cars.

I'm sure many of us would like to see the GT500 SVTPP versions. (I know you need to tool new rims and there could be issues with Ford licensing, but I could hope, right?)

For news tool how about a 2007-09 GT500 convertible. Using above switch you could also use it to make 40th anniversary convertibles.

I'm curious if your 64th tool have slides to add/remove detail such as side scoops or the C-pillar window/scoops/block off plates. It is a newer tooling process but Amy (with Mattel HW experience) there when these tools were initially created you never know. The reason I ask is because then you could add the side scoop to the 07-09 GT500 convertible and make a SuperSnake as well as the GT500 and the GT500 40th versions, thus maximizing your tooling dollars spent against 3 models.

Using above swap the hood and change the front slide on the 68 green hornet to make the '67 Lil' Red previously mentioned. I'd love to see that one in Diecast!

I'm sure I could think of more but I don't want to over do it here if I haven't already.

Edited by richstang

Definately a 1:18 scale 2011 Shelby GT500 w/ performance package detailing: black vert with red stripes!

How about a 'Carrolls Cars' series. Obviously we have the CSX 2000 and DBR1 casting, but how about doing a Legend Lime GT500? A '69 GT500 vert with '68 10 spoke wheels? I'm sure there's more and I'm sure you've got a good pipeline to the one person who car really tell you what he'd like to see.

How about a 'Carrolls Cars' series. Obviously we have the CSX 2000 and DBR1 casting, but how about doing a Legend Lime GT500? A '69 GT500 vert with '68 10 spoke wheels? I'm sure there's more and I'm sure you've got a good pipeline to the one person who car really tell you what he'd like to see.

a "Carroll's Cars'" series sounds very cool!

+1

OK, I know about the CSX2000, and the '69 GT500 vert with 10spoke from Mustang Monthly several years back but, I'm stumped on the legend lime GT500. What year was that one? I definately need more info on that one!

I was thinking maybe a 1965 Dayona 1, 2, 3 finish of the Daytona coupes would be neat to have in 64th scale. Put them on the embankment heading to the finish. How does that sound?

In the New Tools category we definately need to get some more convertibles;

-'66 GT350

-'69 GT350/500

-'07-09 GT500

-'10-11 GT500/SVT

a "Carroll's Cars'" series sounds very cool!

+1

OK, I know about the CSX2000, and the '69 GT500 vert with 10spoke from Mustang Monthly several years back but, I'm stumped on the legend lime GT500. What year was that one? I definately need more info on that one!

I was thinking maybe a 1965 Dayona 1, 2, 3 finish of the Daytona coupes would be neat to have in 64th scale. Put them on the embankment heading to the finish. How does that sound?

In the New Tools category we definately need to get some more convertibles;

-'66 GT350

-'69 GT350/500

-'07-09 GT500

-'10-11 GT500/SVT

Carroll got the only '07 GT500 done in Legend Lime.

I certanly agree about the '66 GT350 'verts!

I'll always be a sucker for a Daytona Coupe, whether single or sets. I', still holding out for the Phil Spector 'as found' version of the 'lost' Daytona.

I certanly agree about the '66 GT350 'verts!

I'll always be a sucker for a Daytona Coupe, whether single or sets. I', still holding out for the Phil Spector 'as found' version of the 'lost' Daytona.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I've seen these prototype pics...

post-31184-0-77769200-1294531243_thumb.jpg post-31184-0-16966500-1294531276_thumb.jpg

And this car was from one of the events posted here, is this it?

post-31184-0-71029000-1294531331_thumb.jpg

Don't give up on the csx2287, I think it possible to make it like that. Not much different that "After the Race" versions in over all apereance.

post-31184-0-80542100-1294531460_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-77769200-1294531243_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-16966500-1294531276_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-71029000-1294531331_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-80542100-1294531460_thumb.jpg

I would love to see the 1966 GT350 Convertibles done. The only problem is that this casting would get very limited use. You would have the four original colors to do ... green, yellow, red and blue. I guess that you could also do a white and pink "fantasy" version. Those two colors were supposedly done, but I don't think that they have been able to document them at this point. You could also use the casting to do the "Continuation" '66 Shelby GT350 Convertibles. To do those, you would only need to change the interior so it would have a "roll bar" in it.

Scott

I was thinking the same thing, Scott. The '66 'vert casting could be used to replicate those dozen or so cars (re)built in the '80s to satisfy Carrolls losing that one unique car that got sold out from under him while he was away. I'd love to see a Lil Red, and I'm guessing the Green Hornet casting could be re-worked for that one car. Although it wasn't Carrolls it certianly is an important car in the Shelby legacy.

Edited by falcongtho3

I would love to see a 1:64 combo pack of the 1965 GT350 street version and the new 2011 GT350 together. That would be a perfect adition to my Shelby Museum diorama!

Edited by Denstang65