TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine vibration at 3,000 rpm

jagetty

Just wanted to check to see if anyone else has noticed an obvious vibration at a certain rpm. Mine is very obvious at 3,000 rpm. Dealer doesn't seem to concerned. I already have CAI and a tune on it so I am not sure if I should do anything else until this gets resolved. Other than that it runs great, pulls like a train...

Just wanted to check to see if anyone else has noticed an obvious vibration at a certain rpm. Mine is very obvious at 3,000 rpm. Dealer doesn't seem to concerned. I already have CAI and a tune on it so I am not sure if I should do anything else until this gets resolved. Other than that it runs great, pulls like a train...

Boy, there sure have been a lot of threads about vibrations lately. Either engine or drivetrain vibration and that's debatable with at least one of the threads.

You will find that there are at least two other ACTIVE threads on the subject right now on TS. Run a search on vibration and you should be able to find them.

There must be somthin' in the water....or gasoline, lately.

How odd,

Phill

I had a 3k rpm vibration and it was fixed after an exhaust mounting TSB

Thanks I will contact the dealer again about the exhaust. The vibration is sitting still with the clutch pedal in and taking the engine up through the rpm band. Nice and smooth all the way up to 3,000 rpm and just as you get to 3K rpm it vibrates and then smoothes out just beyond 3K.

Archived