TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snake to arrive this week

Destry

Here ya go.

DSCN2027.jpg

DSCN2028.jpg

Thank you. I suspected that the fuel pressure block was going to be a close fit, and it is.

My current "project' related to the 3.6LC install is the LC hoses and the seal pressure equalization hose. I am going the AN route at each end of the coolant hoses, and at the blower end of the pressure equalization hose. I also chose to replace the brass colored fittings with bright finish silver fittings on the polished blower itself. I am also having the aluminum colored heater hose fittings and associated hose connections power coated black so they do not "stick out" so much when viewed at a car show. I want that big shiney blower to be the center of attraction when the hood is open and everything else to blend in with attention to detail.

Picture1906-4.jpg

Picture1907-3.jpg

I may use a 30 or 45 degree black AN fitting for the LC hoses at the blower end, instead of the straight, but I won't be able to determine that until the blower is in position.

Picture1907-4.jpg

Picture1908-3.jpg

I had never "experienced" the AN fitting world before. I quickly found out that $100 can be spent and the project is still not complete. These dollars also include a complete AN build out in black for the Shelby billet alum. fuel rails.

The black braided hose shown in the last photo is approx. $5 per foot!! OUCH!!

R

I may use a 30 or 45 degree black AN fitting for the LC hoses at the blower end, instead of the straight, but I won't be able to determine that until the blower is in position.

Picture1908-3.jpg

The black braided hose shown in the last photo is approx. $5 per foot!! OUCH!!

R

But worth it...............man does the look fantastic.

As has been mentioned previously, I would like to see the interior pictures also.

R

I've been waiting for the weather to clear so I can take it outside for the interior pics. I don't like what the camera flash does to the looks of the interior. But, the weather is not cooperating. It's been foggy and its raining today. I will get the interior pictures as soon as I can.

I've been waiting for the weather to clear so I can take it outside for the interior pics. I don't like what the camera flash does to the looks of the interior. But, the weather is not cooperating. It's been foggy and its raining today. I will get the interior pictures as soon as I can.

A flash would probably not do justice to the interior. I can't wait to hear how you like the car, 800 h.p..............

R

A flash would probably not do justice to the interior. I can't wait to hear how you like the car, 800 h.p..............

R

I finally had a chance to drive the car for the first time, other than the 1/2 mile drive from the delivery drop off point to my house. I took her out for the first 25 mile break-in drive a couple of days ago. I've never driven or ridden in a car with this kind of horsepower before so I was a little apprehensive/nervous. I've been having nightmares about what would happen my first time behind the wheel. All the irrational thoughts about wrecks, loosing control and smashing into something or someone really had me worried. Fortunately none of that happened and the drive was quite enjoyable.

I started the car up for the first time since delivery and my wife got in the passenger seat she says "WOW that sounds like a jet engine getting ready for takeoff!!!" Haha the sound (a low whistling sound) of the supercharger drawing in air @ 1200 rpm gives a hint of what's to come. So anyway we ease out of the driveway and head out to the first stop sign, not far enough to really do anything but idle. I turn off the radio because I want to hear the sound of the engine as we shift through the gears. We turn the corner and head down the street to the next stop light, 1/2 mile away, and I'm still a bit nervous because I can sense all the power just waiting to be released. I'm in first gear and step on the gas, a little too much gas because the rpm shoot up to 6k faster than I think possible, seems less than a second to me, perhaps I exaggerate. I shift through second, third and fourth a little afraid to give it too much gas and besides we're still in town but enough to hear the supercharger whine and man it feels and sounds GOOD. I look around at the next stop light and every other driver and passenger are all giving the car a good looking over. She sure draws attention going down the road. So, I recover my breath and my wife says "you can slow down or you can take me back to the house" and I say "yes dear". Anyway we finally get out into the less populated area and all I can say is wow. I am impressed. I love it and can't wait for the weather to clear up again for the next 25 mile trip. The sound and the feel are addictive. I'm in love again :)

I added some more pictures but the flash still flashed on the interior shots making the blue appear brighter in the photos than it actually does in person. Need more sunshine.

http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/Destry1947/Supersnake/

I finally had a chance to drive the car for the first time, other than the 1/2 mile drive from the delivery drop off point to my house. I took her out for the first 25 mile break-in drive a couple of days ago. I've never driven or ridden in a car with this kind of horsepower before so I was a little apprehensive/nervous. I've been having nightmares about what would happen my first time behind the wheel. All the irrational thoughts about wrecks, loosing control and smashing into something or someone really had me worried. Fortunately none of that happened and the drive was quite enjoyable.

I started the car up for the first time since delivery and my wife got in the passenger seat she says "WOW that sounds like a jet engine getting ready for takeoff!!!" Haha the sound (a low whistling sound) of the supercharger drawing in air @ 1200 rpm gives a hint of what's to come. So anyway we ease out of the driveway and head out to the first stop sign, not far enough to really do anything but idle. I turn off the radio because I want to hear the sound of the engine as we shift through the gears. We turn the corner and head down the street to the next stop light, 1/2 mile away, and I'm still a bit nervous because I can sense all the power just waiting to be released. I'm in first gear and step on the gas, a little too much gas because the rpm shoot up to 6k faster than I think possible, seems less than a second to me, perhaps I exaggerate. I shift through second, third and fourth a little afraid to give it too much gas and besides we're still in town but enough to hear the supercharger whine and man it feels and sounds GOOD. I look around at the next stop light and every other driver and passenger are all giving the car a good looking over. She sure draws attention going down the road. So, I recover my breath and my wife says "you can slow down or you can take me back to the house" and I say "yes dear". Anyway we finally get out into the less populated area and all I can say is wow. I am impressed. I love it and can't wait for the weather to clear up again for the next 25 mile trip. The sound and the feel are addictive. I'm in love again :)

I added some more pictures but the flash still flashed on the interior shots making the blue appear brighter in the photos than it actually does in person. Need more sunshine.

http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/Destry1947/Supersnake/

Yes, and the "drives" in the Super Snake only get more exciting!!

I like that interior. I was not going to do the interior upgrade, but I am now thinking about it. From what I read on the SPP site, the interior upgrade is not just covers for the OEM seats, but also new foam and contour for the seat back on the driver and passenger seats for better support.

Thank you for the pictures.

R

Hi.car looks awesome how was the fit of your rocker panel .Mine did not fit very well on the front portion so i removed and sanded down to fit properly .was just checking to see if all 2010 were this way .Enjoy your new found power :shift: and hold on to the wheel tight

Sorry for taking so long to reply...as far as I can tell everything fits well. Where did you have to sand?

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet Ride..... Im jealous. I still have a couple months before mine will be finished. :banghead:

Excellent, you won't be disappointed. I love my car. I wish the weather were better so I could drive it more. What color is yours?

Archived