TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snake to arrive this week

Destry

It's been a long wait. My supersnake should be delivered sometime this week. happy%20feet.gif The aniticipation has kept me awake nights, it reminds me of Christmas when I was a young boy. I'd get so excitide I would lay awake all night with anticipation. This feels the same, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

The photo in my signature is the "before" picture, can't wait to see the finished product happy%20feet.gif

That's great! Very happy for you. Mine will possibly go in at the end of next week, so I've got a bit longer to wait till it's complete....then with winter here it will sit in my garage for 4 or 5 months...oh well.

I sent mine to Shelby in Las Vegas. It arrived there August 18th. At least I don't have to let mine sit, except for rain and fog. Good Luck with the waiting game. Try to stay sane :)

I'm supposed to break in the rear end with 300 miles of driving. 50 miles per trip with enough time between trips to allow the gears cool before starting the next leg. Hoping for some sunny, clear California winter weather.

I sent mine to Shelby in Las Vegas. It arrived there August 18th. At least I don't have to let mine sit, except for rain and fog. Good Luck with the waiting game. Try to stay sane :)

I'm supposed to break in the rear end with 300 miles of driving. 50 miles per trip with enough time between trips to allow the gears cool before starting the next leg. Hoping for some sunny, clear California winter weather.

Congrats. They are awesome!!

It used to be 25 mile round trips (12.5 each way) with full cool downs between for a total of 300 miles. Has this changed?

Here was the thread from way back when. The first post from Bud, bottom of the post...........

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26452-ss-and-40th-conversions/

R

It's been a long wait. My supersnake should be delivered sometime this week. happy%20feet.gif The aniticipation has kept me awake nights, it reminds me of Christmas when I was a young boy. I'd get so excitide I would lay awake all night with anticipation. This feels the same, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

The photo in my signature is the "before" picture, can't wait to see the finished product happy%20feet.gif

If you could just wait 24 more days it will be Xmas. :hysterical:

Congrats. They are awesome!!

It used to be 25 mile round trips (12.5 each way) with full cool downs between for a total of 300 miles. Has this changed?

Here was the thread from way back when. The first post from Bud, bottom of the post...........

http://www.teamshelb...th-conversions/

R

Just re-read my e-mail and you are correct. I got it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for the link.

Congrats.........these SS's are fantastic cars and loads of fun to drive.

If you have not already done it, sign up for the Shelby Bash. Your Super Snake will love the track happy%20feet.gif.

Well its friday and no car today, hopefully next week.

I'd like to attend the bash with the car but I don't think I can get the rear end broken in in time to drive rhe track considering the holidays and weather constraints (I won't be taking it out in the rain or fog). And I don't really want to cruise to Las Vegas from here in my new car. I haven't decided whether to trailer it and baby it or get it out and drive a lot (weather permitting), I'm still weighing the pros and cons on that. I'm leaning towards trailering to anything more than 100 miles from home. I wouldn't mind trailering the car down for the show but I don't own a trailer yet.

I am also concerned with my track driving ability (or lack thereof) on the track. I have no experience driving a car with this much horsepower and to be honest it makes me a little nervous :shift: I think I need some lessons before I try driving anywhere other than on a highway at normal speed limits or city driving. Anyway i'm seriously wanting to attend the bash one way or the other. We'll see how things shake out when the car finally gets here.

Car arrived last night. Here are some prelim pics. It's raining today so just some shots in the garage and a couple when it came i last night.

http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee439/Destry1947/Supersnake/

800 horse liquid cooled...........................COOL!!

Can you post a closer picture of the left/driver side front corner of the 3.6LC? where it is closest to the intake and water hose area.

R

Hi.car looks awesome how was the fit of your rocker panel .Mine did not fit very well on the front portion so i removed and sanded down to fit properly .was just checking to see if all 2010 were this way .Enjoy your new found power :shift: and hold on to the wheel tight

Oh my!

That is absolutely gorgeous! Was the blue interior from before the SS conversion?

No, I ordered the blue interior upgrade when I ordered the SS conversion. The interior work was done by Gary Disney, http://www.designerautoaccessories.com/. Although I suppose Gary would do an interior upgrade for anyone who wanted one done :)

I love the blue in mine, now if we could just convince Mr. Shelby to allow blue stripes as an option when ordering the SS conversion. I have nothing against black and it does look good but I'd prefer the blue stripe. Oh well maybe I'll have it done later, still on the fence about doing that for now.

800 horse liquid cooled...........................COOL!!

Can you post a closer picture of the left/driver side front corner of the 3.6LC? where it is closest to the intake and water hose area.

R

This is the best I could do. There's not much room in that engine compartment.

DSCN2023.jpg

This is the best I could do. There's not much room in that engine compartment.

DSCN2023.jpg

Thanks.

Could you get a shot from this angle and specifically of this area? The 3.6LC install requires "clearancing" in the boss area of that front intake bolt drivers side, I want to see how this was done at SA.

Picture1906-1.jpg

Thanks, Robert

I know, my pulley bolts need some attention.................

Thanks.

Could you get a shot from this angle and specifically of this area? The 3.6LC install requires "clearancing" in the boss area of that front intake bolt drivers side, I want to see how this was done at SA.

Picture1906-1.jpg

Thanks, Robert

I know, my pulley bolts need some attention.................

ok how's this one?

DSCN2025.jpg

or this one?

DSCN2026.jpg

Yes, that is the area I am talking about. There has been some work done to get the 3.6LC to fit.

Compare my 2.8 in this area to your 3.6LC.

Picture1906-1.jpg

I am going to have to do this same mod to my intake, but I wanted to see how SA did it. It doesn't look like much material was removed. Is the full hex of the bolt still there?

Thanks for the pictures.

R

Yes, that is the area I am talking about. There has been some work done to get the 3.6LC to fit.

Compare my 2.8 in this area to your 3.6LC.

Picture1906-1.jpg

I am going to have to do this same mod to my intake, but I wanted to see how SA did it. It doesn't look like much material was removed. Is the full hex of the bolt still there?

Thanks for the pictures.

R

No, part of the hex bolt is gone. That got me wondering so I checked the installation instructions for the "Kenne Bell 5.4 4V Shelby Liquid Cooled Supercharger Installation Instructions" that came with my car. "Step 35. Place cover over inlet. Mark and grind driver side coolant riser bolt to clear blower as pictured in the next STEP. We didn't like it either, but in the name of huge superchargers, some things have to be sacrificed." The next step photo shows the hex bolt ground at an angle from the base of the bolt to approximately the centeline of the bolt. Mine wasn't ground as much as the instructions photo shows. I would say it was closer to a 1/4 of the bolt at the top.

Congrats! Beautiful Snake! Can't wait to see the blue interior. When you have an opportunity, please post pics of the interior. Thanks, Jim

I'll do that. I've been waiting for this cruddy central California weather to clear up. I'd like to take them in thesunshine.

No, part of the hex bolt is gone. That got me wondering so I checked the installation instructions for the "Kenne Bell 5.4 4V Shelby Liquid Cooled Supercharger Installation Instructions" that came with my car. "Step 35. Place cover over inlet. Mark and grind driver side coolant riser bolt to clear blower as pictured in the next STEP. We didn't like it either, but in the name of huge superchargers, some things have to be sacrificed." The next step photo shows the hex bolt ground at an angle from the base of the bolt to approximately the centeline of the bolt. Mine wasn't ground as much as the instructions photo shows. I would say it was closer to a 1/4 of the bolt at the top.

Yes, that is how I knew that material will have to be removed from the intake in this area. Can you also please take a picture of the passenger/right side of the blower in the fuel pressure sending unit area as shown below?

Picture1840.jpg

Picture1837.jpg

Thanks, R

Yes, that is how I knew that material will have to be removed from the intake in this area. Can you also please take a picture of the passenger/right side of the blower in the fuel pressure sending unit area as shown below?

Here ya go.

DSCN2027.jpg

DSCN2028.jpg

Archived