TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Quicklift Hood Kit

With the sale that SPP had I ordered the carbon fiber radiator cover and since it doesn't have a provision for the prop rod, I ordered the quicklift too. I'm just wondering if anyone has already installed this and how they like it? I would prefer to keep using the prop rod but as I understand it, there isn't a way to with this new cover I ordered.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!!

I believe you got the hood struts that are made by redline with a Shelby label. If so it is a pretty straight forward install but you do have to drill 6 holes. I had a friend come over so we could cross check one another on the measurements and talk through what we were doing at each step and it went very smooth. I made sure I had all the right tools to start with and ended up having to go out and find a #11 index drill for the rivets in the hood. Just make sure you watch the depth as you are drilling the holes in the hood. The only other suggestion is to make sure you have a good rivet gun as the provided rivets take a bit of hand pressure to install.

I believe you got the hood struts that are made by redline with a Shelby label. If so it is a pretty straight forward install but you do have to drill 6 holes. I had a friend come over so we could cross check one another on the measurements and talk through what we were doing at each step and it went very smooth. I made sure I had all the right tools to start with and ended up having to go out and find a #11 index drill for the rivets in the hood. Just make sure you watch the depth as you are drilling the holes in the hood. The only other suggestion is to make sure you have a good rivet gun as the provided rivets take a bit of hand pressure to install.

Exactly did the Redline install had my son help me and we painted the holes after drilling them and waited to go further until it dried. Also used a collar on the bit as not to drill to far (picked up a set at the local hardware store for less than $10)

Also got the trunk ones to match and they are just plug and play ....simple sway

web.jpg

You will love them

Andrew

I put the Redlines on about a year ago, they really clean up the engine bay.

Archived