TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Handing out cans of Whoopass

csm198

Let's hear the stories. I have always dreamed of beating a GT500 in my sleeper SGT. I have not had any road races or stoplight drags, but I know some of you have and I for one would like to hear about them. They make me smile.... :lurk:

I live near a limited access 4 lane highway....meaning it is 4 lane divided highway with no on ramps....red lights at intersections. I am sitting at the light minding my own business and up comes a dodge charger with a girl driving and a guy riding. We are both first in line at the light and when the light turned green she floored it! Well.....I was taken by surprise so I punched it..she was already 2-3 car lengths ahead of me because she caught me by surprise./ By the time I hit third I was passing her and at red line in third I was 2-3 cars past her.....once I hit fourth she was 40 yards back! Ha Ha FUN

Nice video Kurgan. The last car I had my way with was one of the "5's" on I-35, north of Dallas. Based on the results, it was probably stock, but it sure put a smile on my face when I went past him. I guess those racing stripes don't help the 5.4's much. :slapfight:

Kurgan was that all motor? Either way, damn that's nice.

Yap. That whining was not me :). Just Hot Rod cams and basic boltons. Those GT500 blowers get heat soaked bad on the track. I was actually pulling on him down the straight.

DON'T READ THIS IF YOUR GOING TO BITCH, COMPLAIN, OR LECTURE if you don't like what you read leave this thread!!!!! Okay now I guess ill tell my deal coming back from Albuquerque I stopped in Kingman and got a full tank of gas. got on highway 93 and a Pontiac G8 wanted to get some... since there was little to no traffic and I was in a brave mood and had money for a bail bondsman I decided to show him whats up... punched the gas till my toes were tapping pistons smoked him on the way to the near side of 150mph he tried to catch up and i slowed to 120ish and he still was game for more so off we went we passed a Bentley continental @ subsonic speed and he decided he wanted to play also... 3 cars @ 140mph+ I got to the Dam Bypass construction first therefore I was the winner!!!!!!!!!!! 70 miles and 3/4 tank of gas.....

DON'T READ THIS IF YOUR GOING TO BITCH, COMPLAIN, OR LECTURE if you don't like what you read leave this thread!!!!! Okay now I guess ill tell my deal coming back from Albuquerque I stopped in Kingman and got a full tank of gas. got on highway 93 and a Pontiac G8 wanted to get some... since there was little to no traffic and I was in a brave mood and had money for a bail bondsman I decided to show him whats up... punched the gas till my toes were tapping pistons smoked him on the way to the near side of 150mph he tried to catch up and i slowed to 120ish and he still was game for more so off we went we passed a Bentley continental @ subsonic speed and he decided he wanted to play also... 3 cars @ 140mph+ I got to the Dam Bypass construction first therefore I was the winner!!!!!!!!!!! 70 miles and 3/4 tank of gas.....

Nice :superhero:

A buddy of mine has a 79 camaro with a modified 454 in it . We were going to a car show and i pulled up beside him and dropped down to 4th gear. Mind you i have 410's . My buddy has an automatic and i let him drop down a gear. We were both going about 60 mph and he nodded and i floored it . I jumped up to about 110 mph and pulled in front of him to add insult to injury. When we got to the car show he was amazed how quickly i ran away from him. He said my car wasn't fast, it's quick. There is a difference you know. Like they say about superchargers, you can make it a short race. Much safer that way.

Let's hear the stories. I have always dreamed of beating a GT500 in my sleeper SGT. I have not had any road races or stoplight drags, but I know some of you have and I for one would like to hear about them. They make me smile.... :lurk:

yea, lets hear about street racing you dumb :censored:

Every Sunday night we have four police (from a different district) mark off a part of a very unpopulated road off on the West side (1/4, 1/2 & the mile). We usually get a good 2 hours in of complete safe street racing in until the in-district officers hear about it an our police friends remove the cars from the area and were gone.

Every Wednesday night there is the same thing on the South side of town, so it does happen safely. Gotta love the gear head police officers who mark off the road and play ref for us!

Yes, I agree street racing is totally illegal, and other non-sanctioned racing is frowned upon. (We could go round and round on that and street racing will still exist!)

As for me, I don't condone street racing, but I tend to look the other way if it's happening at a remote/deserted location and ALL parties involved, (this includes passengers, spectators, and other non-participants), are aware of the dangers and react accordingly if something bad happens - in other words, accept it was illegal and accept/suffer the consequences if you or someone gets hurt or dies, (or trash a car). Oh, and don't go "lawyer up" and sue everyone in sight for something in which you were a willing participant.

My biggest issue with this thread? It's the title: It ain't "Whoopass", (which sounds like basketball - "hoopass"), it's "WHUPASS"! :hysterical:

Sam

I think that the general topic of this is a display of immaturity. Street racing is bad. People die.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/kirby-279437-lewis-crash.html

Note that the fatality was NOT drinking. God watches after drunks and little kids. For the drunks, law enforcement gets second dibs.

Do it on the track.

I need to clarify a few things on this post. First of all, I am for the most part a law abiding citizen. I was a fireman for 25 years and have seen the effects of auto crashes first hand. When I started this topic I was not referring to illegal street racing. I have seen those events on the internet and find them unsafe and terrifying to watch. I would never participate in any such an event. However saying that, when I started this topic , I was referring to the types of stories I have seen elsewhere on this site. Mostly harmless exibitions of speed (also illegal). Nothing serious.

The thing I find funny is that some people buy these cars which pack 300 - 850 HP and act like they never get on the gas. Personally I do sometimes go faster than the posted speed limit and I could be accused of spinning the tires now and again. But I do this in an area where there are no other cars around. I would have to guess there is not many people who own fast cars and never break a traffic law.

Maybe I should have never started such a topic. People sometimes get too serious about things and go too the extreme.

I would never myself take any chances with any auto going too fast in an unsafe area. I assume most responsible people would not either.

If anyone has ever been hurt by some other persons exibition of speed, I am sorry for them. It was never my intention to promote such illegal activities.

If I could delete this topic I would.

No need to apologize.

I grab a gear vitually every time I drive my car. I never tailgate. I never exhibit speed in a crowd and I don't condone street racing.

That being said, I have gone way over the limit with folks on this forum. As long as it's safe, it's my business and I'll deal with consequences as they arise.

As a side note, I've not had a sigle ticket since I've been blown. (Firmly knocking on wood) I did have two stock.

I live for the person in the AMG or "M"...

I need to clarify a few things on this post. First of all, I am for the most part a law abiding citizen. I was a fireman for 25 years and have seen the effects of auto crashes first hand. When I started this topic I was not referring to illegal street racing. I have seen those events on the internet and find them unsafe and terrifying to watch. I would never participate in any such an event. However saying that, when I started this topic , I was referring to the types of stories I have seen elsewhere on this site. Mostly harmless exibitions of speed (also illegal). Nothing serious.

The thing I find funny is that some people buy these cars which pack 300 - 850 HP and act like they never get on the gas. Personally I do sometimes go faster than the posted speed limit and I could be accused of spinning the tires now and again. But I do this in an area where there are no other cars around. I would have to guess there is not many people who own fast cars and never break a traffic law.

Maybe I should have never started such a topic. People sometimes get too serious about things and go too the extreme.

I would never myself take any chances with any auto going too fast in an unsafe area. I assume most responsible people would not either.

If anyone has ever been hurt by some other persons exibition of speed, I am sorry for them. It was never my intention to promote such illegal activities.

Don't sweat it man. Not everybody buys these cars to take to car shows. I think most everyone here that posts are adults and drives aggressively responsible. If some can't recognize that then let them win their car shows...I prefer to win races. :)

This forum is slowly degrading, and I have been around here long enough to know that once the degradation starts, it's only a matter of time before the topic collapses into a pissing match between members. Although the topic lends itself to people talking about "street kills", so far no one has advocated bandit street racing either.

Not only does street/highway racing kill, it also hurts the hobby because of negitive public and media opinion (rightfully so).

Please keep your responses civil. Everyone can easely convey their displeasure about the topic without name calling or other insults. If this forum continues to slide downhill, it will have to be closed.

You're the OP of this forum. If you want it closed and moved out of sight, just say the word and it's done.

Hey we all obey the law but sometimes you gotta show someone who has it and who dont.

I smoked a Trans Am one of the ones with the big hood scoop and i hate to say this but some lil Honda Civic tried to race me late one night and I just sucked him up and never seen him again.

This forum has been closed at the request of the OP.

Archived