TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many have changed their KR Pulley?

STCOBRA

Although I don't have a KR, I wouldn't be scared to do the swap as long as I (or had a mod shop) use Justin's pulley puller tool from VMP. Otherwise I would leave it stock since they are so easily damaged.

I have put a stock looking one on the car.

Stock looking 2.72 pulley and a Throttle body.

To put back to stock takes less then an hour

HP difference ...big

What mfg did you use for the pulley? TB? TB single blade or twin blade an mm? Did you also install an idler pulley? I've been wanting to do the same. Did you look into swapping the intake elbow, too?

What mfg did you use for the pulley? TB? TB single blade or twin blade an mm? Did you also install an idler pulley? I've been wanting to do the same. Did you look into swapping the intake elbow, too?

I had the pulley made(One in picture is a 2.72) I also have a 2.84 but can get any size made.

Yes installed Idler

Idler used is a Dayco part # 89048 its exactly........... like the stock idler in looks, except it is larger 90mm) ( Plus its about 1/3 the price of the other 90mm idlers offered which look nothing like the stock idler)

TB is a L&M 66

Yup about the elbow

I changed it ... L&M cast high flow plenum(which looks exactly like the stock elbow externally

post-6294-092998400 1291070520_thumb.jpg

post-6294-092998400 1291070520_thumb.jpg

That's the kind of thing that I think about briefly, but just won't do. I'm not touching anything on the engine, driveline, etc. I'm keeping it just the way Carroll built it.

I felt the same way you do

That why I only did these changes which can be put back real easy and not hurt anything.(very simple bolt ons)

I did all three parts in less then an hour and added over 70HP

To put back to totally stock will take me the same hour at best.

I will not do anything else to mine, I do all the other fun mods to my 07gt500 :)

i think a tvs does not hurt the kr . my point is they offer it in the upfitters package.at least that is my reasoning for putting a tvs on my kr .

I agree with this. It is the accepted SC upgrade between Ford and Shelby.

And even the TVS is a bolt-on. One could always swap back to the stocker.

I have been considering sending back my KR to the Mother-ship so Gil can install some SAI upgrades. If it were a non-KR GT500 I'd do it locally, but IF I am going to mod the KR in any way, shape or form, I'm more comfortable having it done by Gil and getting everything documented in the Registry.

Cheers,

Mark

I had the pulley made(One in picture is a 2.72) I also have a 2.84 but can get any size made.

Yes installed Idler

Idler used is a Dayco part # 89048 its exactly........... like the stock idler in looks, except it is larger 90mm) ( Plus its about 1/3 the price of the other 90mm idlers offered which look nothing like the stock idler)

DId you tune the car

TB is a L&M 66

Yup about the elbow

I changed it ... L&M cast high flow plenum(which looks exactly like the stock elbow externally

Perfect. Thanks for the detailed info. I don't know about getting a pulley made or where to do that. I guess a local machine shop?

Did you re-tune the car after the bolt on mods?

Also, I noticed the brake reservoir cap is swapped. I looked in the catalog for buying just the cap, but only found it in the whole kit. Can you buy just the cap for the brake fluid? I need to call Shelby and see if I can get that little doodad stocking stuffer.

I always swore I would only put money into the car if it made it go faster or corner better. But some of these KR exclusive parts are hard to walk away from. The sill plates bothered me from day one, saying SVT. Same with the coil covers. Then it didn't bother me that much concerning the fuse box cover but after seeing someones pics of the installation, that too became a stocking stuffer. Floor matts don't bother me that much. I bought the generic cobra matts and put the original ones in the cabinet.

I think the car should have at least come with the brake fluid cap. It seems there was some issue of it not being tightened correctly so they put a standard one on there. Don't know how the tightening issue went away with purchasing one now. That doesn't quite add up. But I'm gonna get that as a stocking stuffer if they sell just the cap and not the kit. I'll put pics of the coil covers and sill plates in the stocking as they are already installed. :dance:

So my sworn against bling has cost me about 600 bucks now. So that sucks. That could have been a big gulp of the pulley, TB, and intake elbow.

Archived