TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's too soon for this...

GO-SVT

I live at 4,000' near Lake Tahoe in northern CA and while I do currently have 18" of snow in my driveway I still intend to take it out as soon as it melts, on a clear day. Why not take it out on a clear winter day, salt maybe? They don't salt roads in CA just useless sand.

I'm retired from CalTrans. We never told anyone, not officially, but we did use salt, usually mixed in with cinders. Might be a regional thing, I was on the east side of the Sierra between Bridgeport and Bishop.

I've probably just jinxed us, but the road crews haven't had any reason to put down the magnesium chloride on the roads yet, so as long as the roads are clear of that nasty stuff and of snow and ice, I'm driving my cars until the last minute! I don't want to put the cars to winter bed while there's still lots of fun driving to be had!

I've been watching the weather up that way, saw that you've already had a major storm.

My wife is actually encouraging me to get a sled for a toy. She does not want me moping around the house all winter. Over coffee this morning she said "I saw that snowmobile ad you left up on the laptop. Get it. Then it won't snow at all this winter!"

She's right of course; if I don't get one, it'll snow like mad. If I do, it'll be one of those winters where it's just cold and not much snow. Although the last several we have had a LOT of snowfall...

Anyway, hang in there my fellow Northerners!!

Yeah, it bites.

Funny you mention a sled. When I moved here in 1999 I planned on getting one as a group of my customers at the time all had one (or more) and I figured it would be fun. Problem was that MN had a snow drought around then and everyone was selling them. Basically if you wanted guaranteed snow you had to go to N WI or the U.P. of Michigan.

I never did get one. :banghead:

Took the car out for a top down drive today. I couldn't resist with this good weather. I feel sorry for you guys up north.

IMG_20101204_115527.jpg

Well, like I said about living vicariously thru you guys in the warm south... :shift:

I did pick up that hotrod RX1.... Turns out it has a bunch of nice mods including an M10 suspension!

http://www.teamfast.com/products/m10-suspension#/images/product/galleries/M10-Classic/master_500.jpg

The guy I bought it from did not seem to know much about it. He didn't even know about the aftermarket suspension. He couldn't tell me what a toggle switch on the dash was for either. (!) I traced back to the original owner via the DNR, and he gave me the lowdown on it. Said he spent a fortune on that sled and that the toggle switch was for the heater inside the handlebar, which he said works much better than the heaters in the grips. It sure does get toasty warm!

It was looking like we might get enough snow overnight to go riding right here where I live (versus going up north to ride) but the heavier show was out to the west. Oh well... I can sit on it and go "vroom vroom" in the meantime I guess... :doh:

I'll drag it up north if snow is scarce down here this season. If we do get a nice snowstorm, the trails right here in my town lead WAY up north of here. Fully marked and goomed. :dance: .

• 2 weeks later...

22 degrees today, no snow, salt was washed away by the heavy rain over the weekend................have to tip-toe with the summer tires, but any excuse I find to take it out of the garage, I jump on.

I'm sure letting the car sit in the garage for extended periods can't be good for it....................Another fine Dec. day in New Jersey !!

Archived