TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's too soon for this...

GO-SVT

So... yea... I'm feeling kinda crappy, like "something is wrong" but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then it hit me. I realized what the problem is...

SHELBY WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME!!!

This illness tends to strike those of us in Northern climates where we put our cars into hibernation for the winter. I'm realizing it will be April before I can go racing again, and probably at least March before I can even take a nice cruise.

Oh well. It is what it is I guess. I'll just have to live vicariously thru you guys that live in warm weather climates... :salute:

So... yea... I'm feeling kinda crappy, like "something is wrong" but I couldn't put my finger on it.

This illness tends to strike those of us in Northern climates where we put our cars into hibernation for the winter. I'm realizing it will be April before I can go racing again, and probably at least March before I can even take a nice cruise.

Oh well. It is what it is I guess. I'll just have to live vicariously thru you guys that live in warm weather climates... :salute:

and the Packers lost to my Falcons today,and i drove my Shelby in celebration--i feel your pain

I live at 4,000' near Lake Tahoe in northern CA and while I do currently have 18" of snow in my driveway I still intend to take it out as soon as it melts, on a clear day. Why not take it out on a clear winter day, salt maybe? They don't salt roads in CA just useless sand.

and the Packers lost to my Falcons today,and i drove my Shelby in celebration--i feel your pain

Ouch. That hurt.

At least it was an entertaining game that we could have won. But a loss is a loss, and it would have been nice to go for a ride afterward and hammer it. Oh well... And the Bears just beat Philly... :( It looks as though Atlanta and New Orleans are in the driver's seat for the playoffs. Atlanta has an easy schedule the rest of the way.

@Bigdan- yea, they salt the bajezus out of the roads here. That's what kept me from going racing one more time last weekend. The track was still open but the roads between here and there were salted.

I couldn't imagine living where I couldn't drive my shelby year round. Although we get hit hard in the summer when you guys are cruising on cool summer nights and we're at 100 degrees when it's dark. Talk about heatsoak!

I couldn't imagine living where I couldn't drive my shelby year round. Although we get hit hard in the summer when you guys are cruising on cool summer nights and we're at 100 degrees when it's dark. Talk about heatsoak!

I lived in San Diego for ten years. And back then we still had Carlsbad Raceway. Lot of guys used to come from AZ in summer to escape the heat.

Tomorrow I'm looking at a used Yamaha RX-1 ER for winter fun. I live right next to a long marked trail, so I could jump on it and ride right out of my yard and not risk getting a ticket. The question is, will we get enough snow to be able to enjoy the thing...

97747213_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Well, I live at almost 5800' and this morning it was cool but clear. Got the Shelby out for a little drive in the cool air (42 degrees),she ran great, then put her away for awhile. Now its snowing, so the moral of the story is do it while you can!! It was fun while it lasted .....

-HAWKBARR

As much as I hate snow, I really can't complain about NJ's overall weather patterns. No hurricanes, no tornadoes, no earthquakes, no 115* summer days, no -30* winter days, when it snows we get a few feet and its gone in a few days, when it rains its usually only for a day or two tops.... For the most part, spring and fall are absolutely perfect, winters are cold but relatively mild with just enough snow to remind you that it sucks. Our summers are rarely hotter than high 90's with averages probably in the high 80's low 90's.

We have a pretty good overall habitat around here, other than the filthy corrupt scumbag politicians from the North, this would be the best state in the nation for a diverse but not extreme climate. If we could split the state in two South Jersey would be the greatest state in the nation!

So back on topic... My car does get somewhat "winterized" but not to the point that I can't take it out on the occasional nice winter days that we get here. Once it snows though, its pretty much over until March because the salt seems to stick around for ever.

We had a freak snow storm here on Thursday while I was installing my panhard bar down in my parking compound and I had to do my test drive via laps in the parkade. The snow is gone now and the roads are dry but rain is on the way. Yuck!!

California may be one flush away from going down the toilet, but at least we get nice driving weather year round.

Not in my neck of the woods of CA, I had to rescue my buddy's 2011 GT off the side of the highway last night from in a snow storm. You do know we held the Winter Olympics a while ago.

Not in my neck of the woods of CA, I had to rescue my buddy's 2011 GT off the side of the highway last night from in a snow storm. You do know we held the Winter Olympics a while ago.

Dan,

I heard on the news tonight that several of the Tahoe ski resorts are reporting 170+ inches of snow so far this season, and a normal year total is approximately 400 inches. It looked like I-80 and Hwy 50 through the Sierras were a real mess this past week. On the up side, we can use the water though.

Just got back from a day at Northstar. The slopes were awesome, but the roads were pretty miserable at the higher elevations. And the idiots from the Bay were clogging the 80 up bad! I'm glad I wasn't in my Shelby. :shift:

Where are you at anyway? Grass Valley? Truckee?

I feel your pain (insert Bill Clinton "thumbs up" here).

MN weather's crappy - earliest I've had to park the car since I got it in 2007. :banghead:

Just got back from a day at Northstar. The slopes were awesome, but the roads were pretty miserable at the higher elevations. And the idiots from the Bay were clogging the 80 up bad! I'm glad I wasn't in my Shelby. :shift:

Where are you at anyway? Grass Valley? Truckee?

I'm on Highway 50 just 10 minutes up the road from Placerville in Pollock Pines. It's bout 30 minutes to Sierra at Tahoe where I operated a Snow Cat during the night's back in 04 for some extra $$$ during the slow season at the job I worked at. It was a lot of fun and my 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins w/ BFG AT's got me home safe every night.

MN weather's crappy - earliest I've had to park the car since I got it in 2007. :banghead:

I've been watching the weather up that way, saw that you've already had a major storm.

My wife is actually encouraging me to get a sled for a toy. She does not want me moping around the house all winter. Over coffee this morning she said "I saw that snowmobile ad you left up on the laptop. Get it. Then it won't snow at all this winter!"

She's right of course; if I don't get one, it'll snow like mad. If I do, it'll be one of those winters where it's just cold and not much snow. Although the last several we have had a LOT of snowfall...

Anyway, hang in there my fellow Northerners!!

I've been having fun ripping around in the twin to my 201 GT500 in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and for some real action I pick the 2010 Camaro SS and smash it into everything I can. lol

It's awesome when fired up thought my front projector onto a 92" screen and with full surround sound. :shift:

DSC_0413.jpg

I live at 4,000' near Lake Tahoe in northern CA and while I do currently have 18" of snow in my driveway I still intend to take it out as soon as it melts, on a clear day. Why not take it out on a clear winter day, salt maybe? They don't salt roads in CA just useless sand.

I hate to change the subject, but.........how did those 325 tires fit? No clearance problems? Where did you buy the 15 in wheels that fit over the Shelby brakes?

http://www.racestarindustries.com/

The front's are 17" that clear the stock brakes and fit right out of the box. I had 15X8's I had in the rear that bolted right up when I was running 275/50/15 Hoosier's. The rear's I now have are 15x10 that require a different sway bar bracket from Steeda, and my 325's were rubbing the inner wheel house so I'm running an off the shelf Mr. Gasket wheel spacer.

I think that quote was actually made by Zell Miller at the 1992 Dem Convention, not that it matters

http://www.racestarindustries.com/

The front's are 17" that clear the stock brakes and fit right out of the box. I had 15X8's I had in the rear that bolted right up when I was running 275/50/15 Hoosier's. The rear's I now have are 15x10 that require a different sway bar bracket from Steeda, and my 325's were rubbing the inner wheel house so I'm running an off the shelf Mr. Gasket wheel spacer.

With that setup, have you taken your car to the dragstrip yet?

I too am feeling crappy that I had to put the "baby" under the covers for the winter. After just getting it a month ago it is disheartening that this pathetic Pa weather requires me to store her. I don't know what I will do for the next 4 months or so................please advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived