TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Remember

I remember reading a article on a gt350r found in Mexico but cant find it now. Anyone know where I can find it?

That's probably the #2 car found in the chicken coop. The car is still listed at the Shelby American Collection. It was at one of the west coast shows and I believe may have sold.

http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/collection/sfm5r002.shtml

That's probably the #2 car found in the chicken coop. The car is still listed at the Shelby American Collection. It was at one of the west coast shows and I believe may have sold.

Thanks, that is the car, the article I was looking for showed the car on the trailer and was about the trip from mexico, Ken

I remember reading a article on a gt350r found in Mexico but cant find it now. Anyone know where I can find it?

Hi Ken,

The car is in the PNW, and is in the hands of someone that will be restoring her to her former glory. Here is a pic I took at SAAC-35, to the far right is Chuck Cantwell (lead 350 program engineer), and third from the right of course is Peter Brock. The other two gentleman, and their names escape me at the moment, we employees of Shelby American who also worked on this very car...

002_side.jpg

It was owned by Steve Volk. It had been at the Boulder Shelby American Collection for years, and always had a sign on it "going to be restored any day now". It's pretty rough - the interior was pretty trashed, but the body looked to just need a little TLC. I don't know how the engine was. It'll be good to see her restored.

Volk has sold a few of his cars over the past few years. One was another GT350 that I have a poster of at home. I hope if he sells the Andretti GT40 he'll offer it to me first :).

Hi Ken,

The car is in the PNW, and is in the hands of someone that will be restoring her to her former glory. Here is a pic I took at SAAC-35, to the far right is Chuck Cantwell (lead 350 program engineer), and third from the right of course is Peter Brock. The other two gentleman, and their names escape me at the moment, we employees of Shelby American who also worked on this very car...

002_side.jpg

Great picture. I noticed that the rear plexi R-Model window is not there. Wonder if this car was raced in the 60's the way it appears now ??

Car was at the Quail in Carmel Valley during car week celebrating 45 years of the Shelby mustang.

It is back in Boulder for the time being. I spoke with Steve Volk last night. The car is sold, and as we were discussing it the new owner just happened to be standing there ! How funny was that.

He lives in Oregon or Washington and does plan on restoring it. He isn't sure who is going to do the work (I recommended he look carefully at Bill and Dave Murray, as I'm sure Steve will also do). If they do it locally I volunteered to photograph and document the restoration process. It would be really cool to follow the progress.

I found the magazine on e-bay for $3. I'll post up good pics of the article when I get it.

Then I think that I'll bring the magazine over to the museum so that they can give it to the new owner. Heck when I touched the one sitting on the hood in that plastic sleeve so that I can get a picture of the bottom without reflection, one of the employees got all pissy with me about touching the extremely valuable article of the car. I guess they don't know about the internet and being able to buy copies of old magazines. :hysterical: All's fine, just thought they were being a little to careful of a ratty old article in a plastic sleeve.

• 4 weeks later...

In the February 2011 edition of Hemmings Muscle Machines, there is an article about the Coucourse held in Kirkland, WA where this car was this summer. Probably where the new owner saw it and had to have it. There is a pic of the car with Peter Miles (Ken Miles son) standing beside it. Pretty cool.

Archived