TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Running Horse front grill emblem for SGT's

csm198

ok here is the listing at Shelby Performance Parts. It says especially for 2008 SGT's. Does that mean they are different than 2007 Sgt's? :headscratch:

Shelby GT Grille Emblem

Made by Shelby American specifically for the 2008 Shelby GT, this Mustang running horse emblem will fit all of our billet grilles. Made from cast zinc, they are then polished and triple chrome plated and painted red, white and blue.

I bought one, went to install it and found the original pony is welded to the grille. Dremel cutting tool should do it. I think they are the same for all but I'm no expert, lots of those here.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/8s3z-8213-b.htm

I'm not sure about the 07, but the 06 emblem is the same part number as the drivers side fender emblem of a '66 Mustang. So you can get that one just about at any Mustang part retailer. Shelby built an aluminum bracket on the back which just pushes on the tabs from the back which holds it to the grille. I've replaced mine twice now due to chipping paint.

I'm not sure about the 07, but the 06 emblem is the same part number as the drivers side fender emblem of a '66 Mustang. So you can get that one just about at any Mustang part retailer. Shelby built an aluminum bracket on the back which just pushes on the tabs from the back which holds it to the grille. I've replaced mine twice now due to chipping paint.

Jeff do you have directions for removal / installation of the old one and a part number for the on off the '66?

Jeff do you have directions for removal / installation of the old one and a part number for the on off the '66?

The easiest way is to pop out your front grille assembly. Take the top plastic tray off around the latch assembly, then you will see all the plastic clips that hold the grille in. Then you will see how the emblem bracket holds it in. You can get it without taking the grille out, but you still need to pop off the top panel to get down in there.

The part number is C5ZZ-16229-B for left facing emblem 64-66 Mustang. You can find the part number right on your invoice to Hertz from Shelby if you have it. The part numbers of all the Shelby added items are right on that list. It may not be a bad idea to also get these clips. The aluminum piece Shelby made to hold the emblem on works pretty well, but kind of hard to put back in. There were special clips built for this purpose to hold the emblem to a billet grille. That part number is C5ZZ-16229-BGMC just in case.

The easiest way is to pop out your front grille assembly. Take the top plastic tray off around the latch assembly, then you will see all the plastic clips that hold the grille in. Then you will see how the emblem bracket holds it in. You can get it without taking the grille out, but you still need to pop off the top panel to get down in there.

The part number is C5ZZ-16229-B for left facing emblem 64-66 Mustang. You can find the part number right on your invoice to Hertz from Shelby if you have it. The part numbers of all the Shelby added items are right on that list. It may not be a bad idea to also get these clips. The aluminum piece Shelby made to hold the emblem on works pretty well, but kind of hard to put back in. There were special clips built for this purpose to hold the emblem to a billet grille. That part number is C5ZZ-16229-BGMC just in case.

Thanks for the part numbers, is there a special way to the Shelby bracket off without damaging it and how do you re-use it?

Thanks for the part numbers, is there a special way to the Shelby bracket off without damaging it and how do you re-use it?

larry, its not made of plastic. you'll see when you get into it it won't break. i had to replace 209. still a project for 235's.

Archived