TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/SC under the knife

My Shelby is back at the Mod Shop going into surgery for some new 'enhancements' :hysterical: like Griggs suspension, Roll Bar, rear seat delete, a few more gauges, and the other Mod is replacing the factory seats which leads me to my question... I have to replace the factory Mustang seats due to the nerve damage in my lower back and the other fact they are no good for track duty. I am familar with Recaros and had them in another Mustang and these are great seats but want to know if any of you have used Corbeau, Cobra by Sube Sports, or Procar by Scat and what is your opinion? Seats need to have the shoulder harness opening too

Not wanting to use leather as you slide around in the seat too much so it has to be something like Suede/leather or similar

My Shelby is back at the Mod Shop going into surgery for some new 'enhancements' :hysterical: like Griggs suspension, Roll Bar, rear seat delete, a few more gauges, and the other Mod is replacing the factory seats which leads me to my question... I have to replace the factory Mustang seats due to the nerve damage in my lower back and the other fact they are no good for track duty. I am familar with Recaros and had them in another Mustang and these are great seats but want to know if any of you have used Corbeau, Cobra by Sube Sports, or Procar by Scat and what is your opinion? Seats need to have the shoulder harness opening too

Not wanting to use leather as you slide around in the seat too much so it has to be something like Suede/leather or similar

I did a 2 week investigation on all the seats are you looking at a seat that cant recline or something for your back. If it is for your back Corbeau is the way to go the Tr1 with suede or fabric to keep you from any movement. But all of Corbeau products would work for your back and when I make the switch the heating pads are going in.

My neck and back are shot so support is important and if your on the track and in pain. You won't be able to focus and bang. I also have side airbags and that also stopped me from doing the swap !! Safety As far as Procar they won't do for pain, I search every thread on all of the seats and Corbeau. Got my vote and more positive reviews from the threads for comfort and performance.

Good luck

I did a 2 week investigation on all the seats are you looking at a seat that cant recline or something for your back. If it is for your back Corbeau is the way to go the Tr1 with suede or fabric to keep you from any movement. But all of Corbeau products would work for your back and when I make the switch the heating pads are going in.

My neck and back are shot so support is important and if your on the track and in pain. You won't be able to focus and bang. I also have side airbags and that also stopped me from doing the swap !! Safety As far as Procar they won't do for pain, I search every thread on all of the seats and Corbeau. Got my vote and more positive reviews from the threads for comfort and performance.

Good luck

I like the look of the Corbeau's buy guy said they will not work with the factory seat power base so that is a big issue. Certain Recaro's recline so don't know why you would say that unless its their racing seat

I like the look of the Corbeau's buy guy said they will not work with the factory seat power base so that is a big issue. Certain Recaro's recline so don't know why you would say that unless its their racing seat

You lost me !!! Didn't say anything about recaro the Pro car are not as comfortable as the corbeau. You can always find someone to make your seat tracks work for the right price. Also recaro's are big bucks for the name.

Archived