TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Custom Stripe Colors??

csm198

Has anyone seen different color stripes on any SGT's? I have seen 3 with no stripes and one black car with super cool ghost stripes.

I had a Dark Moss Green 67 Shelby with 66 Bronze color stripes and it looked great. It never came that way from Shelby but looked great none the less.

Here is a little trivia for you...

Early Shelby's (at least 1967,1968), few came from Shelby with over the top stripes. They were mostly dealer installed option. They must have done a way better job then than they do now applying the stripes.

So if anyone out there has seen or has their SGT with other than factory stripes let us know and send a picture if you have one.

I was actually looking for the thread with the white SGT with the painted on blue stripes earlier but can't seem to locate it yet... :headscratch:

Found it! :happy feet:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12247&hl=stripes

Check out post #27.

Has anyone seen different color stripes on any SGT's? I have seen 3 with no stripes and one black car with super cool ghost stripes.

I had a Dark Moss Green 67 Shelby with 66 Bronze color stripes and it looked great. It never came that way from Shelby but looked great none the less.

Early Shelby's (at least 1967,1968), few came from Shelby with over the top stripes. They were mostly dealer installed option. They must have done a way better job then than they do now applying the stripes.

So if anyone out there has seen or has their SGT with other than factory stripes let us know and send a picture if you have one.

to each his own... your car do what you like but with the 08's I prefer they all be Silver on the Blue but on the 07's was not a fan of the Silver on the White or Black

In response to the OP, here is a custom super rare one-off Shelby GT Drift edition.

Or in simpler terms, an SGT owner who probably had crappy stripes, yet might also be a drifting enthusiast?

MemoryCard3-2010597-1.jpg

MemoryCard3-2010600-1.jpg

It's been a while so the stripes were either faux carbon fiber or smoked silver.

MemoryCard3-2010598-1.jpg

Drift, yo! And my other car is a VTEC, yo.

MemoryCard3-2010599-1.jpg

Yes, it was real.

MemoryCard3-2010602-1.jpg

Further proof of authenticity.. that hood scoop has more lumps and dips than botched plastic surgery.

I've also seen a GT500 with faux carbon fiber stripes.. other than the DIY install, they looked bitchin.

Very interesting. i can appreciate the changes people make on these fine cars. If you ever saw the owner of this car I would say he had to be in his 20's. It just makes sense, you know?

Absolutely. I'm 25, and got my Shelby when I was 21. Quite honestly, I disapprove of a lot of things my generations does: cars, politics, clothing, music, etc..

Sure.. I added a spoiler to my Shelby, and some smoked turn signals, a billet antenna, and navigation, but I would never transform it into an Americanized version of a tuner car; in the case of this SGT, a 'drift' edition. :shrug:

Perhaps I should get with the times and keep current with my generation. *orders a new stripe set, NOS, neon undercarriage lighting, a fart can muffler, and awesome graphics (including, but not limited to, turbo stickers, VTEC stickers, NOS stickers, etc.).

:hysterical:

I forgot to add..

The 'drift' edition SGT is always parked in the same spot.. the parking lot is central to a Kohls, Shell station, submarina (sandwich place), T-Mobile, Chase bank, and a few other strip mall stores.

So yes, I'm guessing it's a younger owner. It's not like it's parked outside of a doctor's office, or some office building.

And if someone on here owns the car and I'm making false assumptions, forgive me.

I forgot to add..

The 'drift' edition SGT is always parked in the same spot.. the parking lot is central to a Kohls, Shell station, submarina (sandwich place), T-Mobile, Chase bank, and a few other strip mall stores.

So yes, I'm guessing it's a younger owner. It's not like it's parked outside of a doctor's office, or some office building.

And if someone on here owns the car and I'm making false assumptions, forgive me.

no disrespect. :superhero:

Are the over the top stripes the same width as the original? In know black is slimming so they look just a touch narrow.

Jim

Doesn't look that way..

Check out the proximity of the stripes to:

*the hood scoop edges

*the windshield washer nozzles

*the letters S and Y on the trunk

etc..

They look like they're the original width.

Does that side stripe say Shelby GT/SC?

It does, too bad the SC is not in it, sold it to Jason aka jmn444

I have since removed the SC and it now only says Shelby GT but one day it will say Shelby GT/SC again

Are the over the top stripes the same width as the original? In know black is slimming so they look just a touch narrow.

Jim

All stripes are the same width as the originals

Thanks

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

My spotted & stained Silver stripes are definitely coming off of my Black SGT! Might leave it plain for a while but thought about maybe going with a dark gray stripe like I've seen on some GT500's. Or maybe ghost stripes?

How do the flat black stripes hold up for DD duties? I've seen many have flat black stripes only on garaged/show cars.

I have had them on mine for about 18 months and they have been rained on, had milk sprayed on them (was behind a milk truck), had a half bottle of tire shine dumped on them, etc and they still look great.

Archived