TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saving Music

davegt500

Is it only CD's that can be recorded, or saved, into the jukebox feature? Load one CD at a time?

Or can iPod library be uploaded into jukebox? If so that would be easier than one at a time.

Thanks for any info

i just hook up my Zune to the port in the console--works great

It would be nice to be able to load already "pre-ripped" music directly to the jukebox. It is easy enough though to put in a CD and burn it which has actually stopped me from filing the Jukebox up immediately. What actually works better for me is using a 16GB USB stick....just dump a bunch of music from my computer onto it and I'm ready to go. I have two 16GB & one 4GB stick ....more music than I can listen to in a year. :happy feet:

And the [CD music uploading] process is sssooooo ssslllloooowwww ...

Note that if while you are uploading a CD you hit the button to listen to the radio instead, the CD will upload faster.

Note that if while you are uploading a CD you hit the button to listen to the radio instead, the CD will upload faster.

I'll have to try that, thanks. However, I usually like to listen to that cd in the process otherwise, why listen to the radio when a cd is in.

Sorry, you lost me...

Sorry....am proceeding through owners manual and found that to open the trunk it can only be opened by the remote button on the key...no key receptacle anywhere on the trunk lid that I can see. And no pull handle in the car. Thats weird. What if the car batt and key batt are both dead. Guess can't open the trunk!

Sorry....am proceeding through owners manual and found that to open the trunk it can only be opened by the remote button on the key...no key receptacle anywhere on the trunk lid that I can see. And no pull handle in the car. Thats weird. What if the car batt and key batt are both dead. Guess can't open the trunk!

Excuse me?

Is it the end of the world?

Why did you need to get in our trunk?

You can get anything you want out from behind the seats!!! lol.

Excuse me?

Is it the end of the world?

Why did you need to get in our trunk?

You can get anything you want out from behind the seats!!! lol.

Oh. Haha. I see that now. Didn't know the seatbacks folded down. Excellent.

Is it only CD's that can be recorded, or saved, into the jukebox feature? Load one CD at a time?

Or can iPod library be uploaded into jukebox? If so that would be easier than one at a time.

Thanks for any info

Yep. Audio CD's only. It won't read data CD's containing MP3 or other audio files.

Good luck if it doesn't happen to already be in the Gracenote database that was current at the time the head unit was flashed. I've tried contacting everybody from Ford to Gracenote, (I even tried sending a note to some lady named Grace Ford), without avail. Nobody has any idea how to sell the database updates advertised. It's been a point of frustration with each of the 3 vehicles I own with equivalent head units.

Other respondents are correct - to accelerate the ripping process, either stop CD Audio playback or switch to another audio input source. Playing the CD at the same time forces the laser to jump back and forth in deference to both processes and it considerably lengthens the time required to fully rip a CD to the jukebox.

Yep. Audio CD's only. It won't read data CD's containing MP3 or other audio files.

Good luck if it doesn't happen to already be in the Gracenote database that was current at the time the head unit was flashed. I've tried contacting everybody from Ford to Gracenote, (I even tried sending a note to some lady named Grace Ford), without avail. Nobody has any idea how to sell the database updates advertised. It's been a point of frustration with each of the 3 vehicles I own with equivalent head units.

Other respondents are correct - to accelerate the ripping process, either stop CD Audio playback or switch to another audio input source. Playing the CD at the same time forces the laser to jump back and forth in deference to both processes and it considerably lengthens the time required to fully rip a CD to the jukebox.

If your like me, you have 100 or less songs you really actually listen to on a regular basis. As an alternative, you can make Audio CDs from your most liked MP3s with most products like Roxio, etc and then upload them to the jukebox. A little time consuming, but no more than about a 2-3 hour process for 100+ songs (7-8 Audio CDs) on your PC..then just upload to Jukebox at your leisure.

This is what I'm planning on doing over the first few weeks after i pick up my car...7 more days..can't wait.

By far the largest disappointment of this car has been the "Jukebox" feature which is one of the main reasons I dropped the extra 2K on the electronics package.

That being said, if they largest disappointment I have is the Jukebox on a $60K+ purchase I consider myself lucky (and still completely satisfied)

There really isn't a need to have the Jukebox with the ability to use a Memory stick to hold your entire library with more storage space than the jukebox and the ability to manage your songs more easily.

Also don't forget there is a USB port in your glove compartment for those who don't like using the slot in your center console.

Also don't forget there is a USB port in your glove compartment for those who don't like using the slot in your center console.

What? Really? Where? Wow...I never thought to look for a USB port in there. Great info.

I use 16GB USB sticks for my Mp3's. So easy and convenient. Get about 4 of those and really...that's all the typical person would ever need.

If your like me, you have 100 or less songs you really actually listen to on a regular basis. As an alternative, you can make Audio CDs from your most liked MP3s with most products like Roxio, etc and then upload them to the jukebox. A little time consuming, but no more than about a 2-3 hour process for 100+ songs (7-8 Audio CDs) on your PC..then just upload to Jukebox at your leisure.

This is what I'm planning on doing over the first few weeks after i pick up my car...7 more days..can't wait.

ite even easier to use ZUNE,which is also made by MS,as is SYNC

Hey 'Torch10'; As in SYNC you meen????????

It has bluetooth?

If so,how does that hold a connection.

Does it work pretty good?^^^

THNKS.

Ive been using the USB port--havent tried the bluetooth--ill try tomorrow,guess that would be even easier--not sure of the fideltiy of wirelss,but ill see.I just leave my Zune connected in the car center console,so when i turn the car on, the music just starts playing.If I want to change playlists i just push voice button and say playlist ZZ TOP,and it starts playing--really very coolThink you can use IPOD as well, and just a simple memory stick.I like the Zune beacuse not interface issues betwen MS and Apple,and i use it on my PC to rip CDs and burn compilaitions for othe cars

The only potential caveat (I believe) is that the Jukebox may not be able to retain any of the relevant metadata like Artist, Album, Genre, etc. - making the jukebox very cumbersome. A car-specific thumb drive with your music in mp3 or other comparable format may ultimately work much better - also giving you access to the full breadth of SYNC voice command features for calling-up specific titles.

The only issue I had with using a thumb drive ("memory stick"), is that Sync on my 2011 GT500 would not play music encoded in a lossless format (WMA 9 lossless). Interestingly enough, the same music on the same thumb drive played just fine on my wife's 2010 Fusion Sport.

So I'm using an old iPod with the music encoded in Apple's lossless format.

The only issue I had with using a thumb drive ("memory stick"), is that Sync on my 2011 GT500 would not play music encoded in a lossless format (WMA 9 lossless). Interestingly enough, the same music on the same thumb drive played just fine on my wife's 2010 Fusion Sport.

I think I got WAV (lossless) format to work on my USB. But the only weird thing is that the sync system never recognizes the "artist" for the songs in that format. They all show as "Unknown Artist". So I had to go back to using all 320 bit rate MP3's.

Archived