TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saving Music

davegt500

I plug in my iPhone and use Pandora. Free and unlimited. I recently discovered another free app, Stitch, which I haven't used yet but which seems to offer everything that Sirius does.

The Rhapsody service works well this way too, though you have to pay. But you pretty much have access to most everything you could possibly want to listen to. There's an iPhone app, but none yet (or every) for Windows Mobile. I'm slowly getting dragged into wanting an iPhone. :confused:

i couldnt get the car to see my Zune thru bluetooth--but i was thinking another reason to use the USB vs bluetooth, the Zune charges thru the uSB port--im guessing te Ipod has the same issue,ie charging

A couple of questions about using a Zune. I have an iphone (old) that I hooked up but everytime I start the car, it re-indexes it. Does that happen with a zune? I'm thinking about buying a used zune and using it for media if it's instant on and works well. I understand the ipods don't like to play well with others. I just wondered if all of your artist and album info comes over better using the zune.

Thanks. Btw, syncmyride isn't a very good place to find this info.

And as an editorial comment, it does suck that you can't just burn from your portable player (whichever one you choose) to the hard drive. I was looking forward to not buying any more cd's. But since it's a cd burn only, I'm back to buying them. I understand it has to do with DRM, but really, anyone who is the least bit creative can get around that anyway. Seems like it's more a inconvenience to those of us who play by the rules.

It's a security measure. If they allowed you to transfer music from a thumb drive, mp3 player or data CD then someone would find a way to use this to hack the system. It would be inevitable. I don't want to have to run an anti-virus on my car...

Also, it limits Ford's liability to music piracy.

The only issue I had with using a thumb drive ("memory stick"), is that Sync on my 2011 GT500 would not play music encoded in a lossless format (WMA 9 lossless). Interestingly enough, the same music on the same thumb drive played just fine on my wife's 2010 Fusion Sport.

I take this back... Got to thinking about why it worked in the Fusion, but not the GT500 so I decided to give it another try. Just tried playing WMA 9 lossless encoded music in the GT500 using a different thumb drive. Worked like a champ. Tried another thumb drive, worked again. I don't know what the problem was previously, but I had obviously done something wrong or Sync just didn't like that thumb drive. Dunno which.

I just wanted to clear this up as I didn't want to pass along any mis-information.

Archived