TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is the Shelby Lettering on the trunk too low ?

Do not get me wrong I really like the GT350. :happy feet:

The only thing I do not like is the Shelby lettering on the back looks weird to me. I mean why did they put it so low. :banghead:

They could have used smaller lettering and put it like the other Shelby cars.

Ford did the GT500 wrong in 2007 by putting the Shelby off to the side, but they corrected what I felt was a mistake the next year by centering the letters.

Its just a weird way to finish off an otherwise great car destined to be a collectors item. :bowdown:

The only thing I do not like is the Shelby lettering on the back looks weird to me. I mean why did they put it so low. :banghead:

Ford did the GT500 wrong in 2007 by putting the Shelby off to the side, but they corrected what I felt was a mistake the next year by centering the letters.

Its just a weird way to finish off an otherwise great car destined to be a collectors item. :bowdown:

I agree 150%...To me, the lower rear bumper is rather large looking and I don't think the lettering works well "set" into the bumper. I really wish they would've made a small badge (SHELBY or G.T. 350) and affixed it between the faux gas cap and the right rear tail light (just like '65/'66). Other than that, I think the painted stripes on the rear were a great idea and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, after I win the lottery!

I agree 150%...To me, the lower rear bumper is rather large looking and I don't think the lettering works well "set" into the bumper. I really wish they would've made a small badge (SHELBY or G.T. 350) and affixed it between the faux gas cap and the right rear tail light (just like '65/'66). Other than that, I think the painted stripes on the rear were a great idea and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, after I win the lottery!

Good point my man. You mean something like this:

post-10663-065985200 1290802405_thumb.gif

post-10663-065985200 1290802405_thumb.gif

I actually really like how it was done. The letters inlaid into the bumper is a better look then the letter just affixed onto the surface, IMHO. It looks better and will be a little more challenging for someone to try and produce a clone. The car simply from it's stance and appearance is already a special look. I'm not sure moving the Shelby logo higher would make a beter look even though I like the look of the lettering on my 500. The lower letters might actually help differentiate the GT350 as a product from sa. The GT350 on the sides,to me, says it all. The rear cobra badge is very well done and the changed running pony and "powered by ford" badges were perfect changes to the prototype. I think over time the styling of this car will endure. Ferrari Dino's, the 1st 911's and many other cars that have withstood the test of time were originally not unanimously applauded. Just my .02.

I actually really like how it was done. The letters inlaid into the bumper is a better look then the letter just affixed onto the surface, IMHO. It looks better and will be a little more challenging for someone to try and produce a clone. The car simply from it's stance and appearance is already a special look. I'm not sure moving the Shelby logo higher would make a beter look even though I like the look of the lettering on my 500. The lower letters might actually help differentiate the GT350 as a product from sa. The GT350 on the sides,to me, says it all. The rear cobra badge is very well done and the changed running pony and "powered by ford" badges were perfect changes to the prototype. I think over time the styling of this car will endure. Ferrari Dino's, the 1st 911's and many other cars that have withstood the test of time were originally not unanimously applauded. Just my .02.

Well you have seen the car in person so my hat is off to you, enjoy the ride... :superhero:

Yeah, I can understand that comment, but after standing in my garage staring at the rear for hours on end, I have to say I think they did good with the decision to put it there. Unless Shelby decides to sell the rear fascias, this car wont ever be able to be cloned, and the insert on the rear lights and trunk lid make it impossible to move it any higher. The GT350 plate from the originals is a good idea, but what we have in the end product is something unique and I think really goes well with the rest of the car.

Yeah, I can understand that comment, but after standing in my garage staring at the rear for hours on end, I have to say I think they did good with the decision to put it there. Unless Shelby decides to sell the rear fascias, this car wont ever be able to be cloned, and the insert on the rear lights and trunk lid make it impossible to move it any higher. The GT350 plate from the originals is a good idea, but what we have in the end product is something unique and I think really goes well with the rest of the car.

The odds of Shelby selling leftover GT350 body kits is about 1000%

This fascia look familiar?

DSC02394-1.jpg

The odds of Shelby selling leftover GT350 body kits is about 1000%

This fascia look familiar?

DSC02394-1.jpg

Time will tell. Not sure how many "left over" fascias there will be since getting fascias was part of the delay in getting cars delivered in the first place. If after the GT350 run is over and they want to continue to produce fascias as an after mark part, you may be right. Time will tell.

Time will tell. Not sure how many "left over" fascias there will be since getting fascias was part of the delay in getting cars delivered in the first place. If after the GT350 run is over and they want to continue to produce fascias as an after mark part, you may be right. Time will tell.

LOL you're right. Leftover might not be the right word.

They have to have some in reserve for people who crash them. I mean what happens if you have a crash and they don't have the parts to fix it? Almost anything can be cloned. It's only a matter of how much will it cost. None of us are safe. :cry:

The 2007 GT500 has the rear deck lid letter placement as it was done in 1967, 40 years later and the return of the Shelby GT500. I have personaly seen the two configurations side by side and the original side placement looks better IMO with stripes. When the letters are spaced accross the deck lid and on top of stripes, you can't see the letters on the stripes at some angles. I left mine original and know of more than one person that went back to original after moving the letters.

Archived