TEAM SHELBY FORUM

trunk antenna cracked

steve-o-500

I was cleaning up the car the other day and noticed the antenna on the trunk was cracked. (sorry....no pics). I took it to the dealer and was told "it probably cracked because there is a little wax that has gotten on it". Not buying it! I spoke to the service manager and asked him about the wax theory and he kind of shook his head and said he would get one on order and replace it.

Why does it feel like every time I have taken my vehicles in for issues, they start with the finger pointing? I just don't get it.

Has anyone else had that antenna crack? The paperwork after the fix says it was overtightened.

I was cleaning up the car the other day and noticed the antenna on the trunk was cracked. (sorry....no pics). I took it to the dealer and was told "it probably cracked because there is a little wax that has gotten on it". Not buying it! I spoke to the service manager and asked him about the wax theory and he kind of shook his head and said he would get one on order and replace it.

Why does it feel like every time I have taken my vehicles in for issues, they start with the finger pointing? I just don't get it.

Has anyone else had that antenna crack? The paperwork after the fix says it was overtightened.

Its all about power--small people have very ; little way of exerting power and if he can come up with a reason or a rule to put you down, he will-even thoguh it doesnt make sense and Ford would pay for it

---as someone said once, dont let the a----es get you down,its great car

You are dealing with a Ford dealer. They are conditioned to avoid warranty repairs. Only buy cars like Gt500 from them, because nobody else makes anything like. For suv, sedans, etc,., go to Acura or Lexus for a much better owner experience. That is what I do. The Ford service writer even told me to buy a Toyota or Honda, claiming they are the same. 10 years later and 3 suv and 2 sedans, combined mileage 400k miles later, I will tell you first hand, Acura and Lexus are at least twice better ownership experience.

Its your fault because you bought the car, thats pretty much the attitude I got from the dealers around here.

FWIW my antenna was very loose when I got it, I just tightened it myself, cheap plastic...

Four words FIND A NEW DEALER. I would hate to hear what they would say if you had a real problem.

Archived