TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Our 3rd anniversary

Cali_KR

Three years ago today, we got our 2008 GT500 convertible...

Like most of you here, it started with early press releases, then pix from the New York Auto show in 2005.....the name, Shelby, the model, GT500....the automotive world was anxious to see the beast reborn.

Then I was invited by Ford Motor Co. to drive a prototype in April 2006 (when it was still "only" 475HP), After that weekend, I knew I HAD to have one, called every SVT dealer from Bellingham to San Diego to get on "the list". It was so early most dealers didn't even have the data, and I was more informed (courtesy of the Company, and a private dinner with the SVT engineers), then the dealers were!

After many lists (and many no thank you's due to too high of ADM's), I stumbled accross this stunning black beauty which we bought 3 years ago today. The car we had on order was a Vista Blue stripe delete coupe. Not sure how I ended up with a black 'vert. Oh yea, now I remember, wife says, "I like that one"....

The first pic is how she looked right after it was rolled off of the showroom floor (12 miles on the odo), and the second pic is how she look today (19k miles of smiles later)...

Oh by the way, she is for sale.... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62666-fs-2008-gt500-convertible/ only to make room for another Shelby

med_gallery_10165_181_106245.jpg

GT500_ad_1.JPG

med_gallery_10165_181_106245.jpg

GT500_ad_1.JPG

:banvictory:

Three years ago today, we got our 2008 GT500 convertible...

Like most of you here, it started with early press releases, then pix from the New York Auto show in 2005.....the name, Shelby, the model, GT500....the automotive world was anxious to see the beast reborn.

Then I was invited by Ford Motor Co. to drive a prototype in April 2006 (when it was still "only" 475HP), After that weekend, I knew I HAD to have one, called every SVT dealer from Bellingham to San Diego to get on "the list". It was so early most dealers didn't even have the data, and I was more informed (courtesy of the Company, and a private dinner with the SVT engineers), then the dealers were!

After many lists (and many no thank you's due to too high of ADM's), I stumbled accross this stunning black beauty which we bought 3 years ago today. The car we had on order was a Vista Blue stripe delete coupe. Not sure how I ended up with a black 'vert. Oh yea, now I remember, wife says, "I like that one"....

The first pic is how she looked right after it was rolled off of the showroom floor (12 miles on the odo), and the second pic is how she look today (19k miles of smiles later)...

Oh by the way, she is for sale.... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62666-fs-2008-gt500-convertible/ only to make room for another Shelby

You just reminded me it's going to be my 4th year married to my wife Dec 26th !! When we hit are 3rd yr, I told you made over the hump by the skin of your teeth. I told her if you make it past your 5th year then your a keeper. But if I decided to buy another car then you have only a 50% chance of staying. Let the best man win !!!! :salu :banvictory: te:

Archived