TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member to the board

joebob948

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am new to the board after following the board to help select my 2011 Shelby SVTPP. I thank everyone for their input in helping me choose an unbelievable vehicle!!!!!!! I am a muscle car enthusiast from way back- I had a 1968 Camaro SS when I got out of college ( 396- 375HP) and also a 1983 Trans Am. But what I can honestly say is that I have never driven a vehicle like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome! Those GM cars you had in the past were fantastic vehicles. I remember them well. Sure wish GM was allowed to build more like they did back then. Do your best to share your experiences with your Shelby on the various topics on TS site. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Jim

Due to the horrible weather here in Pennsylvania, my new "baby" is covered and stored for the winter! As soon as spring arrives I will def post some pictures of the "newborn". By the way I am presently going into Shelby no use withdrawal and would appreciate other owners suggestions as to how to pass the time without going looney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as spring arrives I will def post some pictures of the "newborn". By the way I am presently going into Shelby no use withdrawal

Welcome to the assylum.

Spring pictures will NOT work! :) Uncover her and let's see em!

That withdrawl is a common theme here... (Away from warm weather states, anyway)

Dan

Due to the horrible weather here in Pennsylvania, my new "baby" is covered and stored for the winter! As soon as spring arrives I will def post some pictures of the "newborn". By the way I am presently going into Shelby no use withdrawal and would appreciate other owners suggestions as to how to pass the time without going looney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeBob, what works for me is quite simple actually, going out to the garage right before bedtime...this way the wife is already in bed, and closing the door behind me and just staring at it!

Then when I come back in and she hears the door shut behind me, she asks "Out looking at the SHELBY again are ya?" I reply, "Yup". She shakes her head in disbelief, and I rest a little easier that night!

:salute:

I am having a little more 'disconnect' right now though, as the car is in storage in NJ, and I'm still up here in CN. For now, I look at my screensaver.

BIKEBOY

Great suggestions fellas!!!!!!!! I just can't believe that I still have 4 months to go before I CAN really enjoy her!!!!!! Maybe a XMAS card from the family ( of course it would be of the Shelby and me- sorry about that Lynn,CJ !!!!) HaHa. I do like the idea of the screen saver,too.

I kinda feel your pain as far as just getting your car and can't drive it much due to winter...

Try to feel this........................

I ordered my '07 GT500 on January 1, 2007. It was built Feb.16th, 2007 and delivered to my stealership on April 3, 2007. Upon which, a half hour after recieving the phone call that day, I 'raced' down to take ownership. Went for a drive that afternoon, a tad bit the next day, and on April 5th we get a call in the middle of the night that my father-in-law had passed! He had fallen a couple weeks earlier and bumped his head. Boyd Coddington style. Yes, he was there in town, so the family was a mess for a couple of weeks at least. Nonetheless, it was impossible for me to show ANY interest in my long awaited baby, as it was after all my wife's father for Gods sake!

I will never forget that horrible month...April 2007! Today, I look back on it and cannot believe the ugly timing of that whole incident? It did sorta dampen the spirits of the whole excitement for me.

BIKEBOY

Great suggestions fellas!!!!!!!! I just can't believe that I still have 4 months to go before I CAN really enjoy her!!!!!! Maybe a XMAS card from the family ( of course it would be of the Shelby and me- sorry about that Lynn,CJ !!!!) HaHa. I do like the idea of the screen saver,too.

Hang in there Joebob a lot of us have gone through this & the wait just kills ya so keep busy posting to pass the time.

Archived