TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which one is it

Guys I went to get my new pulliesput on today from VMP and my shop didnt have the tool to remove the pullies. I emailed Justin but I know It being Thanksgiving it may take him a while to respond. My question is this what i need to get my pullies off and new ones on http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=338&parent=97

If so I am going to order ASAP and get it shipped express I WANT MY PULLIES ON........lol

If this is right and what I need someone reply and i will order and if it isnt can you show me what i need,,

Thanks

Guys I went to get my new pulliesput on today from VMP and my shop didnt have the tool to remove the pullies. I emailed Justin but I know It being Thanksgiving it may take him a while to respond. My question is this what i need to get my pullies off and new ones on http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=338&parent=97

If so I am going to order ASAP and get it shipped express I WANT MY PULLIES ON........lol

If this is right and what I need someone reply and i will order and if it isnt can you show me what i need,,

Thanks

....what kind of pulleys? supercharger pulley? or accessory pulleys?

I posted this on another board

First off let me say I have been dealing with Justin the past few weeks and he has been a big help. I ordered a tuner with custom tune and new pullies for my roushcharger on my 2007 Shelby GT. I dropped my car off at the shop yesterday and they called and said they could not get the pully off. I was thinking man an airgun should take them right off. I go down there and my SC has the machined fit pully. I figured on my 2007 I would have the old style. So I guess now i will have to order the pully tool remover and use it to take it off and put it on.

My question is will I also have to order the new 2.55 pully or will this 2.57 pully work? I have some pics to post if anyone wants too see the pully on there now and make sure it is machined fit.

Let me say too I already have programmed Justins new tune in and at first I was like this isnt much better. Well I WAS WRONG BIGTIME. The more I drive the car the better it gets. I swear it is great now I cant wait to get the pullies on. I just dont know what pullies I need now.

Here are some pics see if you can tell if they are machined fit and what should I do. As soon as I figure it out im ordering the tool and new pully if need be. If I have to I will sell my 2.57 for cheap its never been used.

OOOPPPS HOW DID THAT ONE PIC SNEAK IN THERE....LOL

post-30271-089356600 1290759495_thumb.jpg

post-30271-068189600 1290759507_thumb.jpg

post-30271-038450400 1290759520_thumb.jpg

post-30271-013610300 1290759535_thumb.jpg

post-30271-013459300 1290759582_thumb.jpg

post-30271-089356600 1290759495_thumb.jpg

post-30271-068189600 1290759507_thumb.jpg

post-30271-038450400 1290759520_thumb.jpg

post-30271-013610300 1290759535_thumb.jpg

post-30271-013459300 1290759582_thumb.jpg

Looks like a machine fit to me. The VMP pulley puller should work great. The idler pulley should only need regular wrenches to unbolt it and take it off no puller needed. Hope that helps. I'm sure some others will chime in soon.

Thanks

I suppose a BFH would do more damage than you want....... but seriously wouldn't a standard pulley puller work? I find it hard to believe they would make it that difficult to remove if they are selling different pulleys.... :headscratch:

Looks like a machine fit to me. The VMP pulley puller should work great. The idler pulley should only need regular wrenches to unbolt it and take it off no puller needed. Hope that helps. I'm sure some others will chime in soon.

Im sure since the pully I have now is for the old version I will have to get a new pully for the new machine fit too...

First off let me say I have been dealing with Justin the past few weeks and he has been a big help. I ordered a tuner with custom tune and new pullies for my roushcharger on my 2007 Shelby GT. I dropped my car off at the shop yesterday and they called and said they could not get the pully off. I was thinking man an airgun should take them right off. I go down there and my SC has the machined fit pully. I figured on my 2007 I would have the old style. So I guess now i will have to order the pully tool remover and use it to take it off and put it on.

My question is will I also have to order the new 2.55 pully or will this 2.57 pully work? I have some pics to post if anyone wants too see the pully on there now and make sure it is machined fit.

Let me say too I already have programmed Justins new tune in and at first I was like this isnt much better. Well I WAS WRONG BIGTIME. The more I drive the car the better it gets. I swear it is great now I cant wait to get the pullies on. I just dont know what pullies I need now.

Here are some pics see if you can tell if they are machined fit and what should I do. As soon as I figure it out im ordering the tool and new pully if need be. If I have to I will sell my 2.57 for cheap its never been used.

OOOPPPS HOW DID THAT ONE PIC SNEAK IN THERE....LOL

I think I need more of the first picture in order to have an accurate idea on how to help!!!!!

www.Fnsweet.com forum would be a more helpful source for the Roushcharged questions-

GL

Archived