TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good salvage yard in Houston area?

marsh2o

I live in the Houston area and am looking for a local salvage yard that might carry some 2008-2009 Mustangs, specifically one with the ambient light packager. I would like to install the lights and console in my '07 GT500.

I'm also thinking about another project, which is to cover all the plastic interior trim panels with leather. Rather than take my own car off the road for a week while it's having its interior redone, I thought I'd pick up a used set of panels, bring them to an auto upolstery shop and then do the install myself.

Thought I might also go the salvage yard route to pick up the V6/KR spoiler, '11 driver and passenger side mirrors, and perhaps even a Ford navigation unit, if these are available at a good price.

Anybody know of a good palce to check? I tried .LKQ Self-Serve Auto Parts, but they didn't have any Mustangs newer than '96.

Thanks.

I seem to remember a guy on Ebay selling tons of take off bits from shelby cars, Hoods, wheels, interior etc. Also the guy that sells all the single Shelby Factory wheels seems to have interior bits as well. Look up shelby factory wheels and then look at the other items they carry.

Peter

Archived