TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Holiday Cruise for a Cause - Dec. 11th

08jester

Hi Everyone.....

I thought this was worth posting. It's for a great cause "our kids". I plan on attending with or without the Shelby and have already purchased a toy.

Hope that some of you will find place in your heart, come out and join us and donate a toy.....

http://norcalsvtoa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7253&referrerid=980

The holiday season is upon us and The Sacramento Chapter is going to be sponsoring our first annual "Holiday Cruise for a Cause" on Saturday, December 11th, 2010. We would love to have all those interested in Norcal community, not just the Sacramento area join us for this event if you have the ability and time.

I realize everyone is busy during the month of December, and I know everyone is having their own trying times in the tough economy were dealing with today. Still, we are all lucky and grateful to have what we do have.....and to be able to enjoy our health and love of cars through this club and hobby is truly a blessing. Its always a great thing no matter the time of year to share one's good fortune with those who may be down on their luck or need some help. I was hoping as a Chapter we could start a tradition that combines our love of cars and to drive/cruise with the act of donating some toys for kids of families that are less fortunate then ours, and to help make this a truly special time of year for them.

The cause we have chosen is the "Marines Toys for Tots" collection drive. Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501©(3) not-for-profit public charity is the fund raising, funding and support organization for the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation was created at the behest of the U. S. Marine Corps and provides support in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, who directs the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation has supported Toys for Tots since 1991.The mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted. Here is the website if you would like to read more about the program itself:

http://sacramento-ca.toysfortots.org...es/default.asp

Its a wonderful cause that I hope we as a Chapter can be a part of year after year. Ideally, if your able to afford it, it would be amazing if everyone who comes on the cruise could bring along at least one new "unwrapped" toy for a boy or girl to donate. You will be making someone's Holiday just a little bit brighter.

The plan is to meet at the In-n-Out Burger in West Sacramento ( 780 Ikea Court, West Sacramento, CA 95605) (its next to the IKEA) at 11:30am. There is a long stretch of parking spots on the backside of the In-n-Out parking lot that runs along the I-80 offramp...lets meet and park there should accomadate our large group.

That will give people and opportunity to meet...chat....grab something to eat if they want......then we will hit the road around 12:30pm and head over to the Marine's Toys for Tots event (Bel Air Supermarket...8787 Elk Grove Blvd -- just east of Highway 99 off the freeway) at 1:00pm. There is supposed to be media coverage in attendance. The Toys for Tots event has asked they we park and hang out as a group for about an hour after we drop off the toys to give the media flexibility to shoot any footage of our group that they may want in conjunction with the Toy collection event. Here is some more info on the Toys for Tots event directly from their website:

http://sacramento-ca.toysfortots.org...?nEventID=1899

After the event, we will then take a nice relaxing cruise down along the scenic Sacramento River heading out over Twin Cities Rd, and driving down Highway 160 to just North of Isleton where there is a great pullout for photo ops with the Sacramento River in the background. From there we will then travel the river road back north along the Sacramento River back into West Sacramento. Its a nice relaxing route with great views of the river all along the way.

After the cruise, for those interested we will stop and get some dinner as a group. Should be an absolutely amazing afternoon of events.

If you are unable to make the event/cruise, and would still like to donate....or know of a friend or family member that would like to donate....post up and I will find away to get your donation from you and transport it for you to the Marine Toys for Tots drop off. Or just come out and meet us at the West Sac starting point before we leave to cruise to the event location. If I'm all out of room in my car we'll find someone going that would be happy to transport your donation for you.

I really hope everyone can spare about 5 hours out of their busy holiday schedule to join us for a great cause like this. I tried to put the cruise/toy drive mainly in the afternoon so people could still run other errands in the morning and hopefully leave time to join us for this great cause. This may be the first year we are trying an event like this but lets make it huge. Pass the word around to all the other Mustang community websites and forums and lets get a great caravan to show up at the drop off point, would be an amazing site to see, not to mention all the great toys we could deliver to children in need this holiday season.

The Holiday Cruise for the Cause will go on rain or shine. Hope to see you all out at this event.....and have a wonderful Holiday season!

Edited by 08jester

• 2 weeks later...

Updated changes to the event and meet spot for East Bay........

This is the East Bay meet spot for the Holiday Cruise for Cause, Toy for Tots.....

Chevron Gas Station

2186 Las Positas Ct.

Livermore

This is off of North Livermore

We'll plan on meeting around 10:00am and leave by 10:30.

We will have a white Tacoma, no Shelby....

Aggie

Edited by 08jester

• 2 weeks later...