TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Average wait from order to delivery

old school

I put my deposit & order in on Jan 4th. for a Perf. Wht.Blu.Strpe no stereo or int. upgrade,GT-500. What has been the average time until a Vin. is given ?Then how long until the car was delivered ? I'm hopeing for mid March...is that about right ?? Chris

I put my deposit & order in on Jan 4th. for a Perf. Wht.Blu.Strpe no stereo or int. upgrade,GT-500. What has been the average time until a Vin. is given ?Then how long until the car was delivered ? I'm hopeing for mid March...is that about right ?? Chris

I ordered jan 10th> I got my car today

Lots of factors here. But if it helps, my order was placed at a non-SVT, non-President's dealership on May 16, 2006 and it arrived exactly 6 months later on November 16th.

I know rpretzel placed his order before mine and the poor guy is still awaiting his car.

Ouch !!! Thats a long wait...

It all depends on your dealers allocation and his standing in the region. It does not matter one iota when you placed your order. My order was placed within hours of the order banks opening on March 13th. My car was delivered Dec. 11th. Was a long wait. But well worth it now! If you don't want the wait, there are cars on the ground at a price......

Ordered mine on March 27th, 2006....still waiting. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

See my signature for my timing schedule. If my car come in on March 5th or &the like I suspect it will then my total time will be 19 weeks or 4 months and 3 weeks from date of order. I ordered it on Oct 13th 2006.

The limiting factors are these:

1. Dealers allotment pull date

2. Plant shutdowns and quality holds. :banghead:

My dealers allotment was pulled in Dec. and then there was the holiday and a quality hold after that, so it added more time. Some get lucky............hope you're one of them.

Soon....you will be behind the wheel. :shift:

It all depends on your dealers allocation and his standing in the region. It does not matter one iota when you placed your order. My order was placed within hours of the order banks opening on March 13th. My car was delivered Dec. 11th. Was a long wait. But well worth it now! If you don't want the wait, there are cars on the ground at a price......

I have to agree with you as my car was ordered the same day yours was and she finally arrived December 13th. I was told by one of Ford's Regional Managers that Ford did not want to allow regions the ability to make orders a priority, so there is a random system where an order gets pulled for a dealer. It is not that each dealer gets their first car, then all of them get their second car, etc. but a dealer could be chosen, at random, to get their second, third and fourth cars before another similar dealer got their second car. :banghead: I was the fourth car at my dealer and the dealership had an allocation of eight units. It seems like it took forever (I put a deposit down in April of 2005 to get a place in line to submit an order) but it was worth the wait. :hyper:

I have to agree with you as my car was ordered the same day yours was and she finally arrived December 13th. I was told by one of Ford's Regional Managers that Ford did not want to allow regions the ability to make orders a priority, so there is a random system where an order gets pulled for a dealer. It is not that each dealer gets their first car, then all of them get their second car, etc. but a dealer could be chosen, at random, to get their second, third and fourth cars before another similar dealer got their second car. :banghead: I was the fourth car at my dealer and the dealership had an allocation of eight units. It seems like it took forever (I put a deposit down in April of 2005 to get a place in line to submit an order) but it was worth the wait. :hyper:

We pre-sold and ordered all 5 of our 2007 GT500's for customers at the end of January 2006. The first one arrived in September (06), then the next came in October (06), then November (06), then January (07), then February (07). So, it took anywhere from 8 months to 13 months for our 5 customers' GT500's to arrive, but they were all ordered well before production even began in June 2006.

I ordered june 26 2006 and got a vin # monday 2-26-07 not bad eh?

ole

Archived