TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DATA LOGGING

you have to work with who ever is tuning your car and see what data they want you to collect. Then you set those parameters up on a laptop. You then plug in your hand held which is plugged into a lap top and do some pulls for instance 25000 to redline in 2nd or 3rd gear. The data collected is then saved and sent to the tuner for analysis. Once you get it setup it is fairly easy.

I was a little overwhelmed at first but it really is pretty simple.

hope this helps

you have to work with who ever is tuning your car and see what data they want you to collect. Then you set those parameters up on a laptop. You then plug in your hand held which is plugged into a lap top and do some pulls for instance 25000 to redline in 2nd or 3rd gear. The data collected is then saved and sent to the tuner for analysis. Once you get it setup it is fairly easy.

I was a little overwhelmed at first but it really is pretty simple.

hope this helps

Yep, if you have the SCT tuner from Justin at VMP, just shoot him an e-mail, explain what the car is or isn't doing to your liking and then ask him to run through the data logging procedure - he should be able to tell you what he needs.

I may have to do this in the near future, I feeling a slight bog at certain RPMs.

Sam

I emailed Justin. I told him what I wanted out of my tune something I should have xplained better to start with (my fault ).

I want a tune that is geared for low end grunt and power and torque. I dont care about MPG or if I lose a lil top speed i want to be able to spin the d*mn tires off..lol

I live in Tennessee on short curvy roads so that power will come in handy..

I told Justin all of this so hopefully he will figure out a good tune for what i want

Archived