TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This will make you feel better

ratnacage

Just to update you on the current market, we paid a customer significantly over the original MSRP of the Shelby he bought from us several months ago (had business reasons to get out of it). It sold for the same ADM as a brand new one, although it only had several hundred miles on it.

We also sold another technically used one, bought, paid for, registered, but it was never delivered (long story). It too sold for the usual ADM. Even though this one was still new for all intents and purposes, it shows you that the supply is still so limited with respect to demand, that even a "2nd owner" is willing to pay the going rate.

Just to update you on the current market, we paid a customer significantly over the original MSRP of the Shelby he bought from us several months ago (had business reasons to get out of it). It sold for the same ADM as a brand new one, although it only had several hundred miles on it.

We also sold another technically used one, bought, paid for, registered, but it was never delivered (long story). It too sold for the usual ADM. Even though this one was still new for all intents and purposes, it shows you that the supply is still so limited with respect to demand, that even a "2nd owner" is willing to pay the going rate.

And who said we care? :hysterical2:

And who said we care? :hysterical2:

I'll bet there's plenty of people who do care about the value of their car. How many times have people claimed the ADM was a complete waste of money because it would contribute nothing to it's resale value? The reason I posted that was to let people who do care (apparently you don't - that's fine) know what the market trend is.

I'll bet there's plenty of people who do care about the value of their car. How many times have people claimed the ADM was a complete waste of money because it would contribute nothing to it's resale value? The reason I posted that was to let people who do care (apparently you don't - that's fine) know what the market trend is.

Thanks for that little note ratnacage. I aswell care and its nice to see someone stick it to a dealer, no offense :hysterical2:

I care as well. It also means that the 10k I spent on mods this week are justified, I'm still under the market value. :happy feet:

You know even with the ADM's I think we're all in pretty good shape regarding value for the type of car we are driving (It's actually the only HP car I would be driving anyway). I have talked to two recent Vette purchasers...one just bought the standard issue for $70,000.00 and another bought the Z06 for $95,000.00. I also think that those who don't care about value will treat their cars as such...not good. I love this car and as my wife puts it sometimes, jokingly " I think sometimes you're married to metal".

Just a thought on this may never ever happen but look at Barrett Jacksons latest auction results look how many reproductions of this or that type car show up. Thats a possibility too that someday the specialness you thought you paid for is tainted by reproductions being all over the place. Might make for some interesting conversations about value later on down the road after the dust settles on this some but who knows :D

Unlike some others here, I do appriciate your posting the information. Like it or not, I like knowing vs not knowing!

Hey now, Rat! Where ya been? We miss ya! Thanks for the heads-up, you hear?

How's your red Hot Rod coming along?

Mine has been better - but is coming back real soon. :hyper:

been here and there, but always come here in the evenings. Sometimes I post, sometimes I lurk. :ninja:

I'm fixin' to put a set of cams in my 'stang. :hyper:

Rat,

Thanks for the info. Sorry there are a few folks about that are kill the messenger types :hysterical2:

Some of these guys are more frustrated than a priest at a topless bar, hard to blame 'em.:hysterical:

I wouldnt sell my car for less than 100k if I would sell it at all.

KC666

a black one with white stripes just sold at future ford in concord cal for 105.000 that is the third one they sold over 100.000

a black one with white stripes just sold at future ford in concord cal for 105.000 that is the third one they sold over 100.000

Damn, I was wondering where all the idiots were at the local store...they were sold out!

Turns out they just moved to Concord.

No way I believe that claim, nobody could be stupid enough to pay 105k for a Mustang. I pray anyone with 105k to waste had a bit more sense than that.

Damn, I was wondering where all the idiots were at the local store...they were sold out!

Turns out they just moved to Concord.

No way I believe that claim, nobody could be stupid enough to pay 105k for a Mustang. I pray anyone with 105k to waste had a bit more sense than that.

I think much like on a Barrett-Jackson auction, some people think there is status and bragging rights in paying too much. It's like they are flexing their idiot muscle.

One of the local dealerships in MO, called me today about an additional allocation of one more Shelby GT500. I had put my name on their list originally but when they offered it to me at $15000 over I declined and purchased elsewhere. Today, they were offering it at ......$15,000 over. He said they sold three so far..........but I am thinking maybe it is the same car. LOL

I think much like on a Barrett-Jackson auction, some people think there is status and bragging rights in paying too much. It's like they are flexing their idiot muscle.

"Idiots" seems a little harsh. I agree, this seems like an extremely high amount to pay for this car. However, those individuals must be fairly sharp in day-to-day business to have this type of funding available to acquire whatever trips their trigger at the time. I don't think "idiot" is actually the appropriate term. Who knows, $50,000 may not be worth 10 minutes of their time if this is what they want. Sure beats everyone without one sitting around bitching about ADM.

Just my opinion.

HSURB

"Idiots" seems a little harsh. ... However, those individuals must be fairly sharp in day-to-day business to have this type of funding available to acquire whatever trips their trigger at the time. ...

Just my opinion.

HSURB

I wouldn't make that connection. Would you call Paris Hilton "fairly sharp in day-to-day business"? hysterical.gif

She definitely has the funds to acquire whatever trips her trigger.

Archived