TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H 4.6 valve covers

Larry T

Just wondering if these are in the planning stage as a product that is going to be available? After speaking with Robert when I was in Las Vegas about 8 months ago he had said that a change of the font size and the addition of the -H to the existing Shelby GT covers was a simple process to make these available. The only issue he say at that time was a little engineering / restriction of the covers based on these needing the engine security seal included, is it possible to get an update?

I'd like to see these as well, but the engine security seal is a must. I'd also like two sets of seals. One to replace the seal on the new covers and another to return it to stock down the road if needed.

Thats a great point I never thought of .... more food for thought.

Its a cable with a lead seal that goes from the shock tower to the valve cover to make sure that the motor was not swapped out once the car was rented. I have heard many different versions of this but it basically is the story as I know it. I was put on the 06-07 GT-H.

I will have to check on these seals. I am not sure if they are available or that we even have any.

I will have to check on these seals. I am not sure if they are available or that we even have any.

Robert is this something that will be offered with the GT-H valve covers, I for one would pay an additional amount to retain this piece of uniqueness of the Hertz editions

I looked for them on the internet, but they come with many different styles of wire and the lead seals come in many shapes and sizes. Hopefully, you still have the records with the manufacturers name. You would need to supply the wire, seals, and a tool to apply the seal. It might be better as a separate product offering, I am sure there must be a few GT-H's missing them as well.

What is this security seal anyway?

Apparently, (according to Steve Mansell, Shelby Museum guide) people would rent a Shelby from Hertz, remove all of the Shelby items, replace them with the stock items out of their own cars and return the car to Hertz minus the "Shelby"!

A cheap way to turn your Mustang into a Shelby, I suppose. And from what he said, it was not a isolated incident.

Hence, the "security cable".

EDIT: Where there's a will, there's a way. Where there's a STRONG WILL, there's a thief!

Phill

Archived