TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can we fix the 'Put yourself on the map" or find a new map?

07SGT5687

Not meaning to be critical, I just think it would be really cool to actually see the distribution of everyone on an actual map. Looks to me like frappr is in the crapper. Anyone know of any other sites that can do this?

EDIT: Wiki says Frappr is "down since 2010". I was looking around and it looks like one called Umapper.com is pretty cool. I think it's free.

Thoughts?

I agree, there should be a better way to see where we all are. There are probably a lot of Shelby owners or TS members closer to us than we really know. I didn't like the frappr map to begin with. I don't think it's very user friendly.

I could post up a dummy one from Umapper or the other one I mentioned. And then if folks (and admin) like it I can just transfer it to whomever is 'managing' that.

Just let me know.

Dang, well so far I have 2 good lookin' options but I can't get either of them to actually embed on the forum thread. Did frappr used to do that? Or was there just a link?

Here is a link to both of them so far. I think I like the Zeemaps on better. Someone else try and make some entries and see which on is easier/better.

TeamShelby at Zeemaps.com

TeamShelby at Umapper.com

BTW, if I'm overstepping my bounds, someone just tell me. I don't want to step on admin's feet. I just got a little carried away once I saw how some of these other sites work (operative word being "work").... ;)

okay.... getting a few responses here. What say you moderators? Can we swap this into the MAP thread? If we post up the update, everyone that has "subscribed" at one point should get the notification and will hopefully come back around to put up a "pin".

What do ya think? I can transfer the account over to the mod team somehow too if you want.... or you can just start a new one and I'll delete this one....

El Paso TX added to zeemaps, the other one's down... again.

Ya, Frappr is down permanently as far as what I've read. Looks like we've got a good sampling so far... 10 pins. Lookin' good. Any comments or issues with it so far?

If not, how do we get this on the previous map thread and reboot this? If we just update the 1st post of the original map thread with this link and post "UPDATE" all those subscribed should see that they can come back and "pin up", right? So who can facilitate the update? Or who Mods that section rather?

Not meaning to be critical, I just think it would be really cool to actually see the distribution of everyone on an actual map. Looks to me like frappr is in the crapper. Anyone know of any other sites that can do this?

EDIT: Wiki says Frappr is "down since 2010". I was looking around and it looks like one called Umapper.com is pretty cool. I think it's free.

Thoughts?

Maybe I can help.

I will put this new Zeemap in the first post of the original thread for you.

Is this the one:

http://www.zeemaps.com/194568

Archived