TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07 SS For Sale in Auto Trader

Wow, he's taking a good beating on that one.

I think that any of us who would try to sell our Super Snake at this time would realize the reality of a huge $$$ beating.

That car would really stand out from the side view with the rear caliper upgrade to the Baer 6P's in Red, matching the front. That small black OEM GT500 caliper gets lost when viewed through that 20" Alcoa.

R

I think that any of us who would try to sell our Super Snake at this time would realize the reality of a huge $$ beating.

That car would really stand out from the side view with the rear caliper upgrade to the Baer 6P's in Red, matching the front. That small black OEM GT500 caliper gets lost when viewed through that 20" Alcoa.

R

Too true.

I think that any of us who would try to sell our Super Snake at this time would realize the reality of a huge $$$ beating.

R

I went with the black Baer's in the front because the red would stand out too much on a white car. The red is not a good fit for a white car with black stripes.

I have never read or heard any complaints of Red calipers on these White cars.......................

12Oct07a.jpg

In fact I believe that Red is what is offered for all Corvettes of this type. They don't look bad to me.............

As I have mention many times, it is the front to rear appearance that catches the eye when viewing any car from the side. If there is a big caliper on the front (especially in a brighter color), and nothing to at least attempt to match it on the rear, to me, it looks like something is missing. The calipers don't have to be red, but a brighter color will definitely show this difference in look, even at a glance.

R

:hysterical::hysterical:

I agree with Robert M..............looks like something is missing in the rear brake department. Upgrade is a must here in my opinion.

The whole reason why the Z06 has Red, and the Super Snake has bright colored options is to show them off, to display that they are unique. Yes a dark color caliper will perform the same, the color makes no difference, but if I have the big brakes and have paid the extra $$$ for the bigger rears, there is no reason why they have to blend in and get lost in the "Blackdom" behind the wheel no matter what color the car is.

My personal opinion is that when my Super Snake rolls into a car show amonst the myriad of "other Mustangs" available in this world, I want my car to "pop" with detail. This bright color in the brake blackdom details the brake area and beckons the looker to look further........................................It is all about the detail.

As I said, my opinion.

The Black calipers with the Red script would also look good on this White car front and rear. It is an owners choice.

R

Archived