TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How did you save the money to get your SGT/SC upgrade?

08SGT/SC

I am curious if anyone has an interesting story of how they saved they money to supercharge their car. I personally have been working a second job on weekends driving a city bus. Every time I have a passenger who is a pain I just keep reminding myself it will be worth it when I get my supercharger this summer. :drool: I'm planning on getting the whipple 550 HO at tasca!

08sgt1289

I've been saving since I was 16, which makes 41 years. The nickles and dimes added up finally! :salute:

I'm not nearly patient enough for that!

How did I save the money to purchase my superchargers? I DIVORCED that B**ch

Sounds like a fairly good plan at times!

you don't have to save if you have credit..... home equity line of credit paid for mine! The kids can finish paying the loan with my death benefit. Heck if I waited until I could afford it I would have never got the Shelby in the first place!

I ended up borrowing against the Jeep I just finished as I wasn't really planning on buying the whipple till spring, but the deal came along and I had to make it happen or it'd have cost more later is my rationale...

Good luck!

Blood, Sweat, and Tears is how I saved up mine. I worked my ass off. Would do it all over again too. :happy feet:

Chris

I know how you feel I'm working 30 hrs Monday-Friday, 20 hrs Friday-Sunday and going to graduate school full-time finishing my masters of science in Mechanical Engineering. It will be worth it when I save enough money by this summer.

08sgt1289

I grew up in the Sioux City area (on the South Dakota side).

I know the area I actually bought my 03 Focus ZX5 there, worst dealer ever at Sioux City they lied about the car having ABS didn't find out until I got cut off by some bi@ch in the snow hit the brakes and almost spun out. I'm originally from CT, and will be moving back after my fiance and I finish school here. Can't wait to get back to a state that has decent roads to drive on.

I grew up in the Sioux City area (on the South Dakota side).

North Sioux, been there a thousand times, Grew up in Sioux City myself. East High, Morningside then USD.

The Loft used to be our favorite hangout since SD was legal at age 19 and Iowa was 21. Some wild times were had by all in North Sioux back then.

Yeah Chad, some of us know the REAL answer to that, dont we Randy?!:hysterical3::dance:

Rick, you crack me up bud, and yes, you might be the wisest one here!!! I will wait till the kids grow up, and see how she treats me before I answer that one!!

Back to the topic,

When I bought my GT500, things were just starting to pick up for me, and I had to do some creative financing in order to buy my GT500 outright. Back then (2007), I didnt feel I could justify getting the supersnake package, and still do all the things I have fun doing, so I didnt do it. Then, when the GT350 was anounced, I happen to have the money for the deposit BECAUSE I didnt supersnake my 500, and the remaining money I needed just kind of all fell into place. When you finish school, things will pick up for you. A couple years from now, you will look back and wonder how you EVER were able to live off of what you make now. Just enjoy what you got, because there will always be something you would RATHER have. For me it is the Ford GT, but I just dont see the sense in spending 150k on a car when I can spend half of that and have just as much fun!! Enjoy your SGT, and if you get to SC it, AWESOME!:salute:

North Sioux, been there a thousand times, Grew up in Sioux City myself. East High, Morningside then USD.

The Loft used to be our favorite hangout since SD was legal at age 19 and Iowa was 21. Some wild times were had by all in North Sioux back then.

I graduated from Riverside - no longer there, and also Morningside. There is a fellow here from Dakota Dunes. When I was in High School that was literally sand dunes. Lots of parties. I apologized to the fellow for the beer cans we left in his back yard. :) My mom and sisters still live around there - more or less across from the school on the north side of McCook Lake. The side where the church was our farm.

Hangouts: There were some dives across from Riverside, can't remember their names, we went to after class. I was 18 when I graduated and that was the year that (1) the drinking age was lowered to 18 and (2) the draft. In college there was the Brewery downtown and a place that was on Morningside Avenue just up the road from the place that built truck trailers (18 wheel). Can't remember the name of it.

I met my wife at Morningside, we got married and left the area right after we graduated.

I work a full time job with silly stupid hours, a part time job serving drinks to silly stupid people and a wife who understands my need for speed. She even bought me this toy for my birthday this year because she knew I was saving for the supercharger and could not buy a bike also. She already owned a bike and wanted a riding buddy. All the hours and work BS makes it all worth it when I get in that car. My car was modified at TASCA this June. -Kevin

VROD3.JPG

VROD3.JPG

I work a full time job with silly stupid hours, a part time job serving drinks to silly stupid people and a wife who understands my need for speed. She even bought me this toy for my birthday this year because she knew I was saving for the supercharger and could not buy a bike also. She already owned a bike and wanted a riding buddy. All the hours and work BS makes it all worth it when I get in that car. My car was modified at TASCA this June. -Kevin

What part of CT are you from? While I was living in Colchester, CT I don't remember seeing any orange SGT's around. I only saw a couple white an black ones. I bought mine from Crowley Ford in Plainville, CT back in Dec. 07

I've been saving for 2 years now. At my current rate, my grandson will buy the supercharger 10 years after I'm dead. He's gonna love it!!

What part of CT are you from? While I was living in Colchester, CT I don't remember seeing any orange SGT's around. I only saw a couple white an black ones. I bought mine from Crowley Ford in Plainville, CT back in Dec. 07

I live in Portland, CT. My car was purchased in Feb. 09 from Star Ford in Glendale, CA. I have only seen one other SGT-C at a show at Mustangs Unlimited. The car was registered to a guy in NY.

I went to Iraq & re-enlisted for a Large tax free bonus. Then with the help of my brother and a POA, had it sent direct to SAI for mods. After my father picked her up and broke her in for me, I returned to the US and fell in love with driving such an amazing car. Best decision I ever made.

Semper Fidelis

About 17 years ago I purchased a 1967 GT500 for $19,000. It was the end of the recession. The owner that sold me the car paid a hefty 36K for the beast when he bought it. His loss my gain.

Fast forward $60k and 16 years later. I saw the 2007 SGT on the internet one day. I negotiated the SGT from the Ford dealer. I put up the GT500 for sale in the auction in Scottsdale AZ. It did not sell for what I wanted so I shipped the car back home to CA.

Now months later my new SGT/SC is done at SAI, so I catch a plane to LV and drive the car home. Then I started paying the $ 880 per month payments. That lasted for 2 months. I knew I had to do something so I drove my GT500 to a broker of muscle cars in Benicia Ca. Two days later some dot-com dude waltzed in and purchased 10 cars that day and one was my GT500 for just under what I wanted. I had my money in hand. I paid the car off in full and had $$$ left over. And to think a year earlier I almost sold the car to a dentist for half of what I got at the broker. The guy tried to low ball me and I just told him to go pound sand. What a tool!

I miss that Green car a lot.

But the fact is my SGT is much easier to drive , has a/c and a CD player that holds 6 CD's plus my IPOD plugs in too! So Some other cat will have to get his 15 years out of number old #426.

:cry:

• 10 months later...

Bring back an old thread, first I can not believe we had someone in Portland and Colchester, CT. I lived in East Haddam for 3 years, small world.

As far as my Mods I have to thank my company for being one of the only ones that did not cut bonus and stock grants. I have 1 year left to pay off the Shelby, got 0% so no reason to pay off early like I do to most of my cars.

Can not wait to fully own it, then I might Paint the stripes on.

I waited three years then used my bonus money that I got from the company I work for. Installed last Christmas and I love the way it woke up the car!

I am curious if anyone has an interesting story of how they saved they money to supercharge their car. I personally have been working a second job on weekends driving a city bus. Every time I have a passenger who is a pain I just keep reminding myself it will be worth it when I get my supercharger this summer. :drool: I'm planning on getting the whipple 550 HO at tasca!

08sgt1289

Archived