TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake faux gas cap for 2008?

Whammer

Yeah, I bought one by mistake....in fact Alexandros asked me for a pic, and I stuck it in my truck to take a pic and upload it. Now I havent driven my truck in 4 days!

I will get a pic posted up here for everyone to see.

Just curious, why all the interest in the cover all of a sudden?

Yes, they double stick over the original GT500 faux cap.

R

???

To me it looks like a trim ring that would replace the existing trim ring that says FORD on it. The center piece which says Shelby GT500 would remain. Am I correct or completely wrong?

???

To me it looks like a trim ring that would replace the existing trim ring that says FORD on it. The center piece which says Shelby GT500 would remain. Am I correct or completely wrong?

It is a ring that goes over the faux cap.

Rob

Why can't they make a faux cap like on the 10-11 cars? Why do we get shortchanged?

If there is enough interest, they (SA) may have one designed and made for the earlier cars and sell it through SPP? Is the 10-11 a true replacement cap? or is it a ring and emblem stick-on over the original GT500 piece?

I would be interested in a unique faux cap including center emblem for my 08 Super Snake.

R

If there is enough interest, they (SA) may have one designed and made for the earlier cars and sell it through SPP? Is the 10-11 a true replacement cap? or is it a ring and emblem stick-on over the original GT500 piece?

I would be interested in a unique faux cap including center emblem for my 08 Super Snake.

R

It's a true replacement. It says SS right beside the snake emblem. The 10-11 cap is bigger and has more room on it for the lettering, so it probably made it easier to design for. Still I wish they had something like that for the 07-09.

It's a true replacement. It says SS right beside the snake emblem. The 10-11 cap is bigger and has more room on it for the lettering, so it probably made it easier to design for. Still I wish they had something like that for the 07-09.

+1

You could have it with just the cobra emblem in the middle and then SUPER over the top and SNAKE underneath. Without having SHELBY and GT500 on the emblem there should be more than enough room.

The difference that I see is the trunk key hole in the upper middle center of the 07-09 which is not there on the 10-11. Since the key hole is there on the 07-09, the only options are to do it as they (SA) have already done, or put Super on the left side and Snake on the right side.

I saw the "Super Snake" in the 10-11 emblem to the left of the Cobra snake, but I was not sure if a new emblem had been stuck over the top of the original GT500 emblem during the conversion, or not. That is why I asked if the 10-11 was a complete replacement or did SA "stick" a new center emblem (with Super Snake) and an outer ring with "Shelby" over the original.

R

It has to be a completely new cap. And there is no reason they couldn't do a new one for the 07-09's. They could keep the center piece the same and just make a trim ring that looks stock and replace FORD with SUPER SNAKE.

It may be a completely new cap, but in this current era of "peel and stick", and the parts that are applied this way and are currently part of the Super Snake production, I don't assume anything unless it has been verified by someone at SA.

As for SA producing a complete Super Snake faux cap for the 07-09, the reason is $$$. If they don't have the buyers to pay for the original design and production of such an item, it will not become reality. This item would be a Super Snake specific item requiring proof of ownership to purchase, so how many buyers and/or current owners of the few hundred Super Snakes are there? and how many are then buyers for this faux cap? both future builds and current owners?

R

It may be a completely new cap, but in this current era of "peel and stick", and the parts that are applied this way and are currently part of the Super Snake production, I don't assume anything unless it has been verified by someone at SA.

As for SA producing a complete Super Snake faux cap for the 07-09, the reason is $$$. If they don't have the buyers to pay for the original design and production of such an item, it will not become reality. This item would be a Super Snake specific item requiring proof of ownership to purchase, so how many buyers and/or current owners of the few hundred Super Snakes are there? and how many are then buyers for this faux cap? both future builds and current owners?

R

How many SS have been made in the 07-09 model?

How many SS have been made in the 07-09 model?

Back in March, it was about 800 units. That figure is from SA, but it's unoffical and has definately changed by now.

• 7 months later...

I was at Sean Hyland's and saw the Super Snake trim ring on one of the SS's there. It looks MUCH better in person than it does it photos. There was also a SS on the hoist rack right above this other car so I got a really good chance to compare the look of it. While I like the "notched" look of the stock faux gas cap the smooth SS gas cap was still very nice. I think I'm going to order one.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Sean Hyland's and saw the Super Snake trim ring on one of the SS's there. It looks MUCH better in person than it does it photos. There was also a SS on the hoist rack right above this other car so I got a really good chance to compare the look of it. While I like the "notched" look of the stock faux gas cap the smooth SS gas cap was still very nice. I think I'm going to order one.

I don't think it looks bad................

KGrHqQOKpsE3t0OCjS8BOF2e3bf_12.jpg

R

• 4 years later...

Archived