TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Got MY KR!!

Sabregl

Hello fellow KR owners!

I finally picked up my 2008 KR (CSM No. 08KR0059) last week which is one of the very few 08's in Canada. The clutch and flywheel was replaced prior to my purchase so the car is good to go.

I had previously inquired about the options available for adding more horsepower to these cars. Let me say that this car is a crazy beast stock. I can easily break the rear wheels loose in 3rd gear (Traction Control On) by only feathering the gas. I can't even begin to imagine what would happen if I actually floored it. That being said, my quest for more power has ended. It looks like I'll have my hands more than full just driving it stock and I am looking forward to many hours of fun with this car. My wife mentioned today that she can hear the car coming from a block away when she's in the house. I do agree the exhaust on these cars is amazing and definitely turns heads!

I have attached pics.

Thanks.

Gregg

post-26026-025304000 1289782547_thumb.jpg

post-26026-053618200 1289782555_thumb.jpg

post-26026-025304000 1289782547_thumb.jpg

post-26026-053618200 1289782555_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new KR. She looks really nice and the KR is truly a great car to drive. Lots of power and great looks!! Make sure you make it to Carlisle Pensylvania in June, there will be a lot of KRs in the house!!!:drool:

Congrats Gregg. She's a beauty.

I see she has the hockey puck on the trunk lid. I thought KR's going to Canada didn't have that option.

I think you might be correct because this is a US car that was brought up to Calgary from Nebraska in August 2008. It's definitely one of the early ones being it's #59 out of 1000.

I think you might be correct because this is a US car that was brought up to Calgary from Nebraska in August 2008. It's definitely one of the early ones being it's #59 out of 1000.

That's cool. I've seen a local dealer with a Canada destined KR. I would have purchased her but I didn't have the garage space at the time.

Congrats Gregg. She's a beauty.

I see she has the hockey puck on the trunk lid. I thought KR's going to Canada didn't have that option.

Not sure about KR's but EVERY mustang that comes to Canada had the Shaker 500 with Sirius as standard equipment. So I would think this would apply also to the KR's.

Greg

Not too many 08 's left ..... congratulations !

Not sure about KR's but EVERY mustang that comes to Canada had the Shaker 500 with Sirius as standard equipment. So I would think this would apply also to the KR's.

Maybe someone at SA could correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the GT500 (Canada cars) that Ford shipped to SA had the Sirius delete option.

Archived