TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Shifter????

Torch500

Ok help me out here. I have read and read and read about every brand style and make of shifter for a 2007 GT500. Bottom line what's the best part that works correctly and shifts like it ought to. I don't want to end up buying 2 or 3 different ones to support the aftermarket with my dollars. Please inform a newby to late model Shelby's. If it was a vintage one I would know the answer, but the new cars are "new" to me.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Hi Mark, there have been quite a few polls done on this over the years. I think I even did one back in 2007 after I had mine a while. Although I don't recall anyone being upset with their choices between the FRPP KR, SPP, and the Steeda Triax, I think the FRPP KR probably had more takers than any other shifter. The Shelby Performance Parts (SPP) is probably the newest design from the ground up, and Steeda...well I've never seen anything Steeda has made over the past 25 that wasn't a good product.

It's not a particularly super tight shifter, but it is worlds better than the stock 07. Like I stated I've had mine in since 07 and never a problem.

To qualify my statement. My car is not used on the track. Drag or road. I drive very spirited, but don't really slam it, if you know what I mean. With that said, I've had nothing but good luck with the FRPP KR, and never missed 3rd.

Hope this helps.

Ok help me out here. I have read and read and read about every brand style and make of shifter for a 2007 GT500. Bottom line what's the best part that works correctly and shifts like it ought to. I don't want to end up buying 2 or 3 different ones to support the aftermarket with my dollars. Please inform a newby to late model Shelby's. If it was a vintage one I would know the answer, but the new cars are "new" to me.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

I love my SPP shifter. Had it about a year and a half several high performance driving events with no issues.

I have the Shelby Shifter as well. While its nice and shifts smooth, the MGW is by far the best shifter I've ever used. I wish the MGW came out before I bought my Shelby shifter because I'd have it if it did. I had the MGW in both of my Cobras and they were awesome as well.

I have the Shelby Shifter as well. While its nice and shifts smooth, the MGW is by far the best shifter I've ever used. I wish the MGW came out before I bought my Shelby shifter because I'd have it if it did. I had the MGW in both of my Cobras and they were awesome as well.

Plus its (MGW) made in US if you care....And you should

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your help.

Mark

without a doubt the MGW is on a plateau by itself.

• 4 months later...

Hi all-

I'm in the market for a new shifter, I have heard a lot about MGW but have no idea where to purchase one from. Please let me know who has the best price. Also, does anyone have written/pictures on how to change?

Kind regards,

Gary

mgwltd.com

Phill

Archived