TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad running Series One #54

GTH298

Guys, I posted on the Series One thread but, not sure many people look there. I have a supercharged Series One and it is running poorly.

I loose power in inclines and acceleration big time, seems to bog down. Here are the finding so far:

- Left sdie exhaust pressure is very weak and hot, comparred to the right side.

- Spark plugs - Right side clean and tan, left side black and carboned with #3 wet.

- I replaced the plugs and coil for #3. Car still acts the same, weak and sluggish.

- Fuel pressure is 50 lbs..seems good.

- I believe it may be a plugged Catalytic convertor but, the car only has 1000 miles on it.

Any ideas? Does anyone know the brand of cat used? the headers and tail pipes are Borla.

HELP!

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I posted on the Series One thread but, not sure many people look there. I have a supercharged Series One and it is running poorly.

I loose power in inclines and acceleration big time, seems to bog down. Here are the finding so far:

- Left sdie exhaust pressure is very weak and hot, comparred to the right side.

- Spark plugs - Right side clean and tan, left side black and carboned with #3 wet.

- I replaced the plugs and coil for #3. Car still acts the same, weak and sluggish.

- Fuel pressure is 50 lbs..seems good.

- I believe it may be a plugged Catalytic convertor but, the car only has 1000 miles on it.

Any ideas? Does anyone know the brand of cat used? the headers and tail pipes are Borla.

HELP!

Randy

Randy,

I would call either Shelby las Vegas or go to a good Buick repair shop. I believe that is a Aurora Motor by Buick. It sounds as if you are handy with troubleshooting. The one thing you could do would be to take the car to a muffler shop and have the cat looked at. I have had that problem with other cars before. Anyway good luck, I hope you can figure it out.

post-10663-044711800 1290806374_thumb.jpg

post-10663-044711800 1290806374_thumb.jpg

Archived