TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buying my first Mustang/Us car

Kempf

Hi!

I am in the middle of buying a used gt500. And have some questions.

Cars has never been my thing, I have only needet one to get from a to b. Then I sav I am Legend with the gt500

in the beginning. Since then I want to get it. It has been on my mind for about 2 years now, so there is no way around it.

I am NOT getting it to put it in the garage and watch it all day, it will be driven to work( around 60 miles a day) every day in all weather.(German autobahn no speedlimit :happy feet: )

And here in North Germany we have bad weather espacially in the winther. The car will become rust proteciton in all possible places.

When looking the ones with low mileage, are cheaper than the ones with high mileage, of course, but WHEN does mileage really start to mean something with these cars?

How long/How many miles should normally come out of these cars?

And the Clutch tsb, I need some info there where can I get the info if it is possible to get that done here in Germany, if that should become an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Kempf

Sorry for the bad grama and spelling.

Hi!

Cars has never been my thing, I have only needet one to get from a to b. Then I sav I am Legend with the gt500

in the beginning. Since then I want to get it. It has been on my mind for about 2 years now, so there is no way around it.

I am NOT getting it to put it in the garage and watch it all day, it will be driven to work( around 60 miles a day) every day in all weather.(German autobahn no speedlimit :happy feet: )

And here in North Germany we have bad weather espacially in the winther. The car will become rust proteciton in all possible places.

When looking the ones with low mileage, are cheaper than the ones with high mileage, of course, but WHEN does mileage really start to mean something with these cars?

And the Clutch tsb, I need some info there where can I get the info if it is possible to get that done here in Germany, if that should become an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Kempf

I suggest you make sure you buy a car that has the new Clutch TSB parts in it. Make darn sure !!! You could have big costs with fixing that later. I would try to buy a car with low miles on it if I were you. That's just me.

When I saw the "German" commercial back in 2006.......I HAD TO ORDER ONE OF THESE CARS.

Have you seen this commercial?

Enjoy:

Hi!

Yes Love the comercial. Thats why i wrote in my topic (German autobahn :happy feet: ) :hysterical:

Is there a way to test to see if the car has had the tsb done using the serialnumber of the car?

When i ask some of the dealers i have found online they alwayes answer "The car is in perfect condition"

Thanks in advance!

Kempf

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Kempf

Upgrade the suspension, inter cooler and final drive(to 3.73) and you will have a blast driving it on those autobahns. With the stock suspension you don't want to go faster than 150mph.

Hi!

Upgrades are alwayes nice, just have to find somebody who can do them for me. I am no mechanic what so ever. Changing tires would maybe be the only thing i could do.

Regards!

Kempf

Hi!

Yes Love the comercial. Thats why i wrote in my topic (German autobahn :happy feet: ) :hysterical:

Is there a way to test to see if the car has had the tsb done using the serialnumber of the car?

When i ask some of the dealers i have found online they alwayes answer "The car is in perfect condition"

Thanks in advance!

Kempf

PM sent.

PM sent.

Hi!

Thanks for your help Grabber, you are the best. :bowdown:

One of my friends here in Germany already have a 2009 gt500 and he would like to buy this upgrade set for his car. http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z15-m-6066-sgt.htm But what do we do about the procal tool wich they will not ship overseas. Does anybody know a workaround for that?

I would maybe like to get this.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/FORD_RACING_SHELBY_GT500_POWER_UPGRADE_PACK_p/m-2007-fr1svt.htm

And again the procal tool seems to be the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Kempf

Quite a few Cheap GT 500s with next to no miles here in the UK, and you germans love to buy our cars due to the good exchange rate. I know of at least 2 with sub 5k miles and at 32k pounds. I am figuring for a deal you could get them for 30k pounds. I had to do the clutch here as there is no warrantee on these cars once they leave the states. The full TSB is about 7k USdollars or so I am told but just the clutch and flywheel run about 2k pounds installed over here but I am sure you can do it cheaper as I paid a ton for my flywheel from a shop. I used an after market setup which seems to be working fine.

Best of luck in your hunt, Grabber is the man for info, helped me out a ton.

Oh and you will be modifying the car before long, I swore I would not but have done the exhaust, lower control arms, , Cold air intake, wheels and now a smaller pulley and tuner.

60 miles to work? my work is about 44 miles round trip than this takes 1/4-1/3 a tank of petrol to do. I hope its a better cheaper in your country for fuel.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
60 miles to work? my work is about 44 miles round trip than this takes 1/4-1/3 a tank of petrol to do. I hope its a better cheaper in your country for fuel.

Hi!

I will probaly install lpg gas, and use that when driving to work.

http://www.prinsautogas.com/en/

Regards Kempf

Archived