TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR SHELBY LATELY??

slbgtsc

Last Thursday I took my Not-A-Shelby for a pleasant top-down loop down Pacific Coast Highway and back up Harbor Drive past the newly-rescued Carnival cruise ship "Splendor".

Sitting up on the back of my convertible was a cold-war hero, who really, really enjoyed the crowd's applause and shouts of "THANK YOU!" and "THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!"

Nice way to spend a lovely Southern California morning. Very affecting, in truth.

orig.jpg

Swapped out track for street pads

Friday drove 100 miles on twisty country roads toward the Cascade mountains to visit our small rural Ford dealership on one of the few nice day we have had in awhile and washed it afterward

Today, I drove The Shelby 1100 miles from Charleston SC to Watertown, WI in 16.5 hours.

The trip started last Sunday, 7 Nov, when I left Watertown and took the long way to Charleston, SC via Memphis, TN to see an Air Force friend I hadn't seen since I retired in over 16 years. Arrived in Charleston Monday evening

Reason for the trip was a family reunion plus my dad's and brother's birthday.

Made good time, no tickets! Best part of the drive was TN into NC in and around the Blue Ridge Parkway--mountains, curves and tunnels magnificent. I drove The Shelby almost 3,000 miles last week. It was the last road trip for the year.

Now I have to get it cleaned up. Winter has arrived with the possibility of snow tonight.

Guess I got back just in time!

Cheers

Neat thread and cool stories.

I needed to drive a 10 hour round trip north of Chicago for business Thursday and Friday, and I should have taken the company truck for another boring trip.

...But unusual 65F November weather and sunny skies talked me into a windows down trip in the Shelby.

Lots of twists, turns and on and off ramps, and a quick stop at the Volo Auto Museum Friday afternoon.

LOVED IT!

Well, as my Daddy used to say, this kind of mod is "old hat", but I finally got around to installing my Shelby-signed airbag cover two weeks ago.

ShelbyAirBagCover2.jpg

I rode "into town" (Jacksonville) on Friday. Beautiful day, clear skies with temps in the 70's. Windows down, music playing, I made several stops while out running errands. Had a tile salesman go ga-ga over the SGT, and he was an admitted GM man! Later, I had an older gentleman in a big Caddy pull up alongside and give me the "Nice car" and thumbs up! Finally, while stopped at a light, an old beater of a Honda with a young couple on board, pulled up to my side. I could hear them jabbering away, then a pause and a excited "Look at THAT!" I gave them a look, and the girl passenger asked: "Is that a special edition?" My obvious answer: "Well yes, it's a Shelby!"

Ya gotta love the SGT!

Sam

Last Thursday I took my Not-A-Shelby for a pleasant top-down loop down Pacific Coast Highway and back up Harbor Drive past the newly-rescued Carnival cruise ship "Splendor".

Sitting up on the back of my convertible was a cold-war hero, who really, really enjoyed the crowd's applause and shouts of "THANK YOU!" and "THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!"

Nice way to spend a lovely Southern California morning. Very affecting, in truth.

orig.jpg

Frank,

I was there. There was also a nice display of some Shelby's on the boardwalk under the fantail of the USS Midway along Harbor drive. I ran into a couple Team Shelby members there.

Nice of you to drive in the parade. :salute:

John

My latest SGT mods:

I also finally put the lower grill I've had for a while in... realized that the lower stripes are getting a bit ragged, thinking about painting the splitter and stripes this winter now. Also finally wrapped my hood pin cables differently so that they don't hang down like this anymore, not really worth a picture though lol

IMG_0238.jpg

The whipple was recent... and then I bought engine caps, strut caps, t/b actuator cover... still waiting on a cap for the intercooler tank, the one sent was quite a bit shinier than the rest from the set...

57b4aaf5.jpg

8f49fa79.jpg

Mostly just trying to drive it as much as the weather allows before the snow starts flying!

Just installed clear front turn signal lenses. Love the look without the amber lenses. I think it's an excellent mod for the look and cost. I will be ordering the carbon fiber radiator cover, and the Shelby GT grille housing this week or next and that will be part of a winter project. I took my Shelby on it's last drive of the year up to Rochester and back to take the Rochester City Police test. Saturday was a beautiful day for a last drive.

We, Dale and I, drove my Shelby 9000 miles in 21 days this Summer across the country and back........left NJ on I-80.........to Salt Lake City, then I-84 north through Idaho and Oregon to Astoria.

Then down the 101 through Oregon, and along the west coast through Northern Cali and Redwood country, Sonoma, SF, Monterey, Ventura, Malibu and ending in PALM SPRINGS.

My car was supercharged at Machenzie Mustang in Palm Springs and then I drove back along I-10 through Arizona, NM & Texas to Terlingua where I met with 75 other Shelby members and had a blast for 4 days.

The ride home was I-20 to I-30 to I-40 to I-81 to I-78 thru Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Harrisburg and finally back in NJ.

We had the time of our lives!

Now just enjoying my "new" ride for the last couple of weeks before Winter storage on Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks to all the TS members we met with along the way! :salute:

We, Dale and I, drove my Shelby 9000 miles in 21 days this Summer across the country and back........left NJ on I-80.........to Salt Lake City, then I-84 north through Idaho and Oregon to Astoria.

Then down the 101 through Oregon, and along the west coast through Northern Cali and Redwood country, Sonoma, SF, Monterey, Ventura, Malibu and ending in PALM SPRINGS.

My car was supercharged at Machenzie Mustang in Palm Springs and then I drove back along I-10 through Arizona, NM & Texas to Terlingua where I met with 75 other Shelby members and had a blast for 4 days.

The ride home was I-20 to I-30 to I-40 to I-81 to I-78 thru Dallas, Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville, Harrisburg and finally back in NJ.

We had the time of our lives!

Now just enjoying my "new" ride for the last couple of weeks before Winter storage on Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks to all the TS members we met with along the way! :salute:

This was a great adventure and I'm honored to have been part of it. Well at least at the get together at Alex's house.

Archived