TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Intake Manifold

No offense taken. And we can make this an a la carte menu for the items. I understand your wishing to keep the strut tower brace. So do I. that is why I have suggested SAI create the old fashioned adjustable type previously discussed and reviewed in Mustang Monthly recently. Where is Chip Beck when we need him????????

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and kurgan delivers an easy solution BAM! lol

Maybe. He told me this was for a CS6, but I don't know. He also told me they don't make them anymore and are hard to find. I couldn't find one by googling or on ebay. This piece is heavier than the FRPP one mainly because it bolts down to 3 strut bolts on each side instead of 2.

I had always assumed the CS brace was the V6 brace with a CS plate on top. Am I wrong?

I don't think so, I have the V6 brace, swithced over to it when I installed the FRPP intake, the V6 Brace is the same one that came on the Bullit not the CS, not positive about the CS though.

post-30105-0-23986400-1318695084_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-23986400-1318695084_thumb.jpg

I had always assumed the CS brace was the V6 brace with a CS plate on top. Am I wrong?

I think they are very close but not the same. The main difference I see is the V6 brace has 4 holes on each side. This one has 3 on each side.

P1010140.JPG

P1010140.JPG

Those two braces are not even close in comparison, Now that I've seen your brace. Completely different

Right, I was referring to the aftermarket V6 braces like the ones AM has...

http://www.americanm...com/sttobr.html

I really have no idea where this came from, if it was made by Shelby, or what. I haven't seen one like it anywhere. All I know is it fits with the FRPP intake.. BTW, nice engine bay.

I really have no idea where this came from, if it was made by Shelby, or what. I haven't seen one like it anywhere. All I know is it fits with the FRPP intake.. BTW, nice engine bay.

Thanks, that's an older picture, I can't figure out how to upload pics again (only gives me the URL option when i click image). I took the fuel rail covers off since i have the nice blue FRPP valve covers. Looks nicer without them. Aha figured it out.

Been meaning to ask you, which supercharger your running with the FRPP intake? May be a route I take in the future

photo-30105.jpg

Thanks, that's an older picture, I can't figure out how to upload pics again (only gives me the URL option when i click image). I took the fuel rail covers off since i have the nice blue FRPP valve covers. Looks nicer without them. Aha figured it out.

Been meaning to ask you, which supercharger your running with the FRPP intake? May be a route I take in the future

Paxton Novi 1500

Have you lowered the engine/mounts at all? Have you tried the stock SGT brace and do you know how much the engine would have to be lowered?

I do have 1/2" lowering mounts so without those it would be close. Might take a washer or two without them. The stock SGT brace doesn't even come close WITH the 1/2" lowering mounts.

Paxton Novi 1500

I do have 1/2" lowering mounts so without those it would be close. Might take a washer or two without them. The stock SGT brace doesn't even come close WITH the 1/2" lowering mounts.

I agree the stock STB won't fit unless you drop the engine, I think andrewnagle1964 has pics of his with the stock STB and the FRPP intake. I did not have to lower the engine with the V6/bullit brace (i do have a small washer with it though) plenty of room, that's why I chose to go with it vice lowering. Plus I wanted to paint it and have the stripes match the car. like that look better then the stock black.

Now i see what your talking about with the aftermarket AM v6 brace. Mine is the FRPP V6 brace. Sorry

To those that have lowered the motor, what brackets did you use?

I have the Lethal Performance 1/2" lowering mounts.

I think Andrew had told me he used the BMR 1/2" or 3/4" drop mounts when I was considering it.

I think he has BBR 3/4" lowering mounts.

I have the Lethal Performance 1/2" lowering mounts.

I think he has BBR 3/4" lowering mounts.

Were there any clearance issues with the exhaust after lowering? I'd sacrifice the STB for a set of long tubes.

Were there any clearance issues with the exhaust after lowering? I'd sacrifice the STB for a set of long tubes.

Everything is very close and tight but it all worked, I have the American Racing LT 1 3/4"s and Jeff got it right (on round 2) the motor mounts are Blow By Racing adjustable with the 3/4" drop..... watch for rubbing on the steering shaft with these headers.

So you can have your cake and eat it too,, FRPP intake, LT's and the Shelby STB (not STD) ! !

Andrew

I have Kooks LT's and no clearance issues. Main thing is if you want to keep the FRPP brace then you would want to go with the 3/4" BBR motor mounts. I wouldn't drop it any further than that though or you might get into drive-line angle problems.

I have Kooks LT's and no clearance issues. Main thing is if you want to keep the FRPP brace then you would want to go with the 3/4" BBR motor mounts. I wouldn't drop it any further than that though or you might get into drive-line angle problems.

Would it be feasible to just put the GT500 brace on? It has to fit over a supercharger, I'd sure hope it could fit over an intake manifold.

Archived