TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SVT Package

Shelby.GT500

I got my 2011 GT500 without the SVT package but now I'm thinking of getting it. I want to know if it can still be added on the car by any Ford Dealership? Will it be worth it to spend that kind of money? Please correct me if I am wrong, the only difference between the basic and the SVT package are the wheels, tires, lower springs, gears, and stripes? I personally like the wheels on the SVT package and I know the gears was changed to accomodate the wheels. I like the regular stripes better than the SVT ones.

Thanks!

Add shocks and a very slightly larger sway bar to your list and I think you pretty much got it. Those wheels, tires, not mention gears will set you back so serious cash. Not worth it to add after the fact in my opinoin and really wont add resale value at the point either. I love the standard 10-11 wheel but prefer the svtpp wheel. As you can see I went with the RTR wheels which are much cheaper and allowed me to reuse original tires also. The svtpp springs still leave the car a lttle high for my taste also.

Add shocks and a very slightly larger sway bar to your list and I think you pretty much got it. Those wheels, tires, not mention gears will set you back so serious cash. Not worth it to add after the fact in my opinoin and really wont add resale value at the point either. I love the standard 10-11 wheel but prefer the svtpp wheel. As you can see I went with the RTR wheels which are much cheaper and allowed me to reuse original tires also. The svtpp springs still leave the car a lttle high for my taste also.

Thanks for your input CMG. I knew it was going to cost alot since the wheels itself are pricey. I see we both had a Shelby GT, how you liking your new ride? I've seen you around and I always thought you had the SVT package because of your wheels. Didn't even noticed they weren't SVT. They really look alike. How much did that run you?

I will say that compared to 07-09 500s I had driven my shelby gt was much more of a "go cart". Handled great. BUT..I was very pleased with the 2011 and with the frpp springs I have it handles very well. Actually even before the springs it was really great.

I will say that I think the shelby gts get a bad rap due to hp but I loved mine. The RTR wheels cost 1200.00 per set + shipping. I got mine new from a forum member who had changed his mine. tpms sensors simply transfer to new wheels. I think Classic design concepts is the best place to purchase but they have been out of stock lately. Call them and ask for Nate.

You can buy 19" versions of the SVTPP wheels from FRPP:

19x9 Front: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12305

19x10 Rear: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12304

Not the same size as the SVTPP wheels, but are otherwise the same. The 19x9.5 front and 20x9.5 rear SVTPP wheels are ~ $1,500 each, IIRC.

Archived