TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pucky gets his Super Snake!!

Whammer

Excellent post....

Great to see our SS Canadian content on the rise.

Congratulations,enjoy your ride !

Did you contact Sean Hyland?

I spoke to them today and asked if you could build your Super Snake in stages and they said you could. So give them a call and speak with Wayne, he'll tell you what you need to do.

I spoke to them today and asked if you could build your Super Snake in stages and they said you could. So give them a call and speak with Wayne, he'll tell you what you need to do.

No I didn't yet,

I was actually going to take a drive out to visit them once I can remove my aircast from my right foot in a few weeks.

I will call them however to see what they can offer me.

Thanks again,

Randy

I met up with Paul today (Pucky) and saw him pick up his new 2010 Super Snake at Sean Hyland's. The car looks beautiful! Here's some video I took of it.

Paul loaded it into a trailer and headed back to Nova Scotia with it.

Thank you for the video. That SS looks Great!! The rear brake upgrade looks Great too, wise choice.

What size pulley is that?

R

Called Wayne this afternoon and they are putting together pricing to have the car done in two stages with the wheels, S/C, badging etc. and stripes at the end.

I'll decide if I'm going to start this over the winter or when it comes out of storage in the spring.

It's tough to make decisions this time of year....things hopefully will look a little better in the new year.

I would rather have the white stripes on the Grabber blue but I think they will only put them on the 2011.

Called Wayne this afternoon and they are putting together pricing to have the car done in two stages with the wheels, S/C, badging etc. and stripes at the end.

I'll decide if I'm going to start this over the winter or when it comes out of storage in the spring.

It's tough to make decisions this time of year....things hopefully will look a little better in the new year.

I would rather have the white stripes on the Grabber blue but I think they will only put them on the 2011.

Well best of luck with whatever you decide. It's a big decision to make as (for many of us) it's quite a chunk of change to spend. I spent months deciding what I wanted to do with my car. I was leaning towards trading it in on a Boss 302. I think the Boss will be one hell've a mustang but there were a few things I just was not crazy about. I also just could not see how I could get rid of my Shelby. It was my dream car and I think it looks 100x better than the Boss.

I thought about a new GT500 as well but for just a bit more money I could get mine Super Snaked. And then there was the '09 KR I could've had but for the same money I could make mine into a Super Snake. In the end I think this was the best choice for "me".

I'm pretty sure my car will be a real head turner where ever I go.

Sent you a PM as well.

No I didn't yet,

I was actually going to take a drive out to visit them once I can remove my aircast from my right foot in a few weeks.

I will call them however to see what they can offer me.

Thanks again,

Randy

Randy - Two other pre-build Super Snake parts that I did not mention in the other thread, the driveshaft and the panhard bar.

R

Great Post Whammer. That is a very nice car Pucky. I hope you had a safe trip east. I'm quite fond of your colour choice as well.

Whammer, I think you made the right choice for your car. You'll be amazed how many people will come to look at your car. I've had guys running to me at a stoplight to see if it was a real Supersnake. They were Mustang guys though.

Sean's a good guy. You won't be sorry.

Don

HEY DAVE

IT WAS VERY NICE OF YOU TO DRIVE OVER AND ALSO TAKE THE VIDEO AND POST TO THE SHELBY SITE .WE LEFT SHM AT APPROX 10AM AND DROVE RIGHT THROUGH WITH ONLY FUEL AND FOOD STOPS AND ARRIVED HOME THIS MORNING AT 11AM .THANKS AGAIN AND IT WAS VERY NICE TO MEET YOU AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SNAKE AND PLEASE KKEP US POSTED.

PAUL

Well best of luck with whatever you decide. It's a big decision to make as (for many of us) it's quite a chunk of change to spend. I spent months deciding what I wanted to do with my car. I was leaning towards trading it in on a Boss 302. I think the Boss will be one hell've a mustang but there were a few things I just was not crazy about. I also just could not see how I could get rid of my Shelby. It was my dream car and I think it looks 100x better than the Boss.

I thought about a new GT500 as well but for just a bit more money I could get mine Super Snaked. And then there was the '09 KR I could've had but for the same money I could make mine into a Super Snake. In the end I think this was the best choice for "me".

I'm pretty sure my car will be a real head turner where ever I go.

Sent you a PM as well.

did get your pm by the way and I replied.. thanks again

Randy

HEY DAVE

IT WAS VERY NICE OF YOU TO DRIVE OVER AND ALSO TAKE THE VIDEO AND POST TO THE SHELBY SITE .WE LEFT SHM AT APPROX 10AM AND DROVE RIGHT THROUGH WITH ONLY FUEL AND FOOD STOPS AND ARRIVED HOME THIS MORNING AT 11AM .THANKS AGAIN AND IT WAS VERY NICE TO MEET YOU AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SNAKE AND PLEASE KKEP US POSTED.

PAUL

It was great to meet you as well!

I hope you get some decent weather so you can get a few drives in before you put it away for the winter.

I have already contacted Bill at Hertiage Ford in Scarborough to get on a Boss waiting list as they have been alloted some but it will be a wait and see attitude.

If the ADM's are crazy or you have to take what they get I'll pass but if things work out in my favor something will have to go...

Currently I have a 1996 V6 vert which is mint, A 2006 V6 S/C vert turn II CS6, the 2010 GT-500 coupe and a 2008 F150 Lariat which I'm probably going to replace with a new Eco-boost turbo in the spring.

I would like to have the GT-500 SS and the Boss 302 but again the economy has just killed me the past couple of years so I'm trying to be a little conservative.

We got to ride in the boss 302 test mule at the Ford proving grounds this summer and that car was insane.....I couldn't believe the beating that car took and we got to sit in the Leguna Seca model at the instruction site. I have some video posted on You tube of these cars and the unique exhaust from Woodward.

The one thing that really surprised me that day was the GT-350 and not in a good way..I don't know if there was something wrong with this partucilar vehicle or something in general with this package but every 30 or 40 minutes on the track the car had to be pulled off with over heating issues and had to cool down but the new V6, GT-500, GT, Boss 302 test mule took a serious beating all afternoon long non stop.

I think the future of the Mustang is just going to get brighter over the next few years and it's just going to get more exciting for all enthusiasts.

I did get your pm by the way and I replied.. thanks again

Randy

Well the economy might've hit you hard but your doing 1000x times better than me! :lol

It's taking all I've got to turn my car into a Super Snake- but you only live once and I don't have that many good years left so you enjoy them while you can.

FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD EVERY DEALER THAT GETS A BOSS WILL GET ONLY ONE AND SOME DEALERS WILL GET NONE . THERE IS APPROX 427 DEALERS IN CANADA AND 350 CARS TO BE ALOTTED. :headscratch:

That was my understanding as well. My dealer was told they will get at least one Boss and they could also get the LS model (they told me they were likely going to pass on getting an LS). I'm #1 on their list but I'm going to pass (obviously since I've opted for the Super Snake).

The Boss will be a great driving and handling car but there are aspects of the car that made me realize it just was not going to suit me.

Archived