TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corvette SS Spy Photos

robertlane

very cool find. I've never been a vette guy but 650+ HP is a lot stock in a car that light. I wonder when the gov. will step in and cap this because the HP war is getting too strong and it's too dangerouse on the street.....restrictor plate street legal cars ????

insurance companies will call a halt to it before the government does. Hopefully the shelby does not get dragged down into the fray.

Let's review:

Corvetee SS: 650 hp - $100,000

Shelby GT 500 with Evo tune: 650 hp - $50,000

Any questions? :hysterical2:

Ruffy,

Don't forget the ADM on that $100K

Buy a Ford GT anyone?

Yes I have one. The SS will weigh 1000 pounds less. (no that was not a typo) It takes ALOT of hp to make up for a 1000 pound difference!

..you do make an important point; it is hard to make up for that much weight with hp. A much lighter car is just easier to work with as far as handling and acceleration. Luckily I am not trying to compete with an SS Corvette. I am much happier with the ride and appearance of my shelby. I think I speak for most of us, saying that if I wanted a car like a corvette, I would have just gone ahead and bought one.

I dont have the kind of $$ to buy anything over the price of the shelby.And to be honest,I love cars and trucks more than anything in this world. No matter how much performance you can get, Cars are just not THATimportant to me. Id rather buy a second home or a bigger boat for $100k . If you make $500k a year Ok,I dont.Im sure alot of shelby owners dont either. When times are tough, $100k is ALOT and i mean ALOT of money............This HP thing is gonna change soon , I can feel it. In all reality, cannot understand why anybody needs anything even close to the 650hp ss corvette for the street. Speed limits are 30mph-65mph............ I can do either one in first gear LOL.I know some of us want it and im glad we have the ability to buy it but in reality, we dont need 650 hp cars...................

I know some of us want it and im glad we have the ability to buy it but in reality, we dont need 650 hp cars...................

Speak for yourself ;):hysterical:

I drive my cars on the street but I also beat the everloving crap out of it at the track. 650 is a excellent starting point.

I dont have the kind of $$ to buy anything over the price of the shelby.And to be honest,I love cars and trucks more than anything in this world. No matter how much performance you can get, Cars are just NOT that important to me. Id rather buy a second home or a bigger boat for $100k . If you make $500k a year Ok, When times are tough, $100k is ALOT and i mean ALOT of money............This HP thing is gonna change soon , I can feel it. In all reality, cannot understand why anybody needs anything even close to the z06 for the street. Speed limits are 30mph-65mph............ I can do either one in first gear LOL.I know some of us want it and im glad we have the ability to buy it but in reality, we dont need 650 hp cars...................

What a bizzare way of looking at it. So you are not a car enthusiast then because majority of the owners of these high hp cars take them to the track. Only the stubburn race on the street.

Ruffy,

Don't forget the ADM on that $100K

Buy a Ford GT anyone?

BIG time ADM on this monster - it wouldn't surprise me if the first couple of these delivered had ADMs equal to the MSRP. For an MSRP approaching six figures, I hope the appearance of this Vette is markedly different from the C6Z06.

BIG time ADM on this monster - it wouldn't surprise me if the first couple of these delivered had ADMs equal to the MSRP. For an MSRP approaching six figures, I hope the appearance of this Vette is markedly different from the C6Z06.

You are probably right on the ADM. Look at the GT. It has big hood bubble for the supercharger.

Too much horsepower, I don't think so.

What a bizzare way of looking at it. So you are not a car enthusiast then because majority of the owners of these high hp cars take them to the track. Only the stubburn race on the street.

Actually i am an enthusiast. I guess my point was misunderstood. If i was going to build a "track car" I would not start with a $60k vehicle.I would start with something a little different.Maybe a gt mustang for $22-23k. Thats all. Its just my taste. Not saying you guys are wrong or im right, Just my way of thinking.

Also,

If the new camaro comes in at 2900 pounds, i will give my shelby to the charity of the blind.Those are harldy even imaginable guesses on weight.

Actually i am an enthusiast. I guess my point was misunderstood. If i was going to build a "track car" I would not start with a $60k vehicle.I would start with something a little different.Maybe a gt mustang for $22-23k. Thats all. Its just my taste. Not saying you guys are wrong or im right, Just my way of thinking.

Also,

If the new camaro comes in at 2900 pounds, i will give my shelby to the charity of the blind.Those are harldy even imaginable guesses on weight.

Ok, your back in.

The air bags weigh 2900 lbs

Archived