TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 GT500 vs 2012 Boss 302

Cdvision

I have a track dawg buddy that has a ZO6, car is fast but lately, he has nothing but issues with the car. Not dissing the car at all. I think Corvettes are the one product Cheby does right. Now, a lot of the owners are tools!

"All vehicles" driven in intense ways will exhume issues and require greater maintenance but how are they as livable forms of transportation?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"All vehicles" driven in intense ways will exhume issues and require greater maintenance but how are they as livable forms of transportation?

He doesnt use it for transportation so, its irrelevant.

Im sure the Corvette is just fine on the street

• 7 months later...

Oneof the reasons the Boss 302 gets close or matches the 0-60 is tires, the P Zero Corsa tires have really good grip, I intend to use Pilot Sport Cups once i need replacements on my gt500.

The Goodyears are decent but lag way behind the upper brands in grip. I think just a tire change will get a few tenths.

Oneof the reasons the Boss 302 gets close or matches the 0-60 is tires, the P Zero Corsa tires have really good grip, I intend to use Pilot Sport Cups once i need replacements on my gt500.

The Goodyears are decent but lag way behind the upper brands in grip. I think just a tire change will get a few tenths.

PS Cups in what size?

Goodyear makes horrible consumer tires these days, including the SVTPP ones.

I GENERALLY agree, but I think the SVTPP tires are really meant to be as close to a DOT track tire as possible - even more than a high performance consumer tire.

• 2 weeks later...

I GENERALLY agree, but I think the SVTPP tires are really meant to be as close to a DOT track tire as possible - even more than a high performance consumer tire.

Are you guys saying that it is WORTH it buying a 5.0 than a GT500?

As I am waiting for the 2013 GT500 to come out, so I could trade in my 2011 GT 5.0, since I am JUST a daily driver and with what I understood, I have more than what I need.

Some mentioned that FORD should go with the COYOTE 5.0 for the new GT500, the engine is better...etc... Is it really a true statement?

If I decide to go for a GT500, is it worth it gettin the performance package for someone not racing?

Take care and inputs will be appreciated.

braztang

You can mod the 5.4 to very extreme levels without any worries the engine is going to blow up. The 5.0, I don't believe, can handle those types of mods.

If you don't care about top level performance and just want a daily driver that's got plenty of power then just buy a 5.0 GT. You'll save lots of money and still have a very capable performer.

Are you guys saying that it is WORTH it buying a 5.0 than a GT500?

As I am waiting for the 2013 GT500 to come out, so I could trade in my 2011 GT 5.0, since I am JUST a daily driver and with what I understood, I have more than what I need.

Some mentioned that FORD should go with the COYOTE 5.0 for the new GT500, the engine is better...etc... Is it really a true statement?

If I decide to go for a GT500, is it worth it gettin the performance package for someone not racing?

Take care and inputs will be appreciated.

braztang

One has forged internals and one doesn't,I think you know your answer to your own question.....

Archived