TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Veterans day 

Thanks to all the men and women who have served our Armed Forces and thanks to those serving now. Freedom is not free. I thank each and every one of you for defending this great country and the freedom we enjoy and many take for granted.

Lastly, don't forget those that are overseas away from their families. :salute::salute:

First of all, thanks for the thread...second, Wicked, thanks for the commercial link. Still wiping away the tears!

And lastly.........................It's been said many times before, but cannot be overemphasized. You brave men AND women that have looked out for all of us here in this great country................T H A N K Y O U, from the bottom of all of our hearts. Thinking of everyone of you serving today, and that have served and all that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Lest we NOT forget the families that unselfishly send their loved ones off to the unknown, as well!

A thousand :salute: 's !!!

First of all, thanks for the thread...second, Wicked, thanks for the commercial link. Still wiping away the tears!

And lastly.........................It's been said many times before, but cannot be overemphasized. You brave men AND women that have looked out for all of us here in this great country................T H A N K Y O U, from the bottom of all of our hearts. Thinking of everyone of you serving today, and that have served and all that have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Lest we NOT forget the families that unselfishly send their loved ones off to the unknown, as well!

A thousand :salute: 's !!!

Could not say it better :salute::salute::salute:

655px-MemorialonMtSuribachi.jpg

this is a repost but I thought it fitting for today.......Best Ford Commercial Ever! :salute::salute::salute:

th_PerhapstheBestFordCommercialEve_.jpg

One of and always will be, one of the best Ford commercials I have ever seen.

Thank you all of the service men and women who served and are serving for our country.

Have a great veteran's day. :salute:

Thanks all! And Happy Veteran's Day to my fellow service sisters and brothers. :salute:

Off to Applebee's. happy%20feet.gif

I think it's really awesome that they offer a free meal for the vets. Doesn't seem like there are too many supporters out there anymore.

No problem Gabe. Here on TS, we all do surely support our troops for all of the couragious things you guys did for our country, and to that, I say thanks TS brotha. Hope it's a very good meal that you will enjoy. :happy feet: :salute:

We just got back from the Veterans Day Parade in San Diego. It truly was a special moment to see the older vets along side the younger ones. I can't express the pride and appreciation that we felt; but what was so hard was not being able to fully express to them how much we cherish what they've done and do for us. Somehow thank you just doesn't cut it.

For those of you here on TS that have sons and daughters that are serving, and in some cases recovering form that service, please share our appreciation. And to those of you that have served...Thank you.

John and Debbie

Now, I thought you all might like to see a work form the heart:

http://blog.woodworkingtooltips.com/2010/11/navy-veteran-carves-thedeclaration-of-independence/

For the WW1 vets who dug in trenches and braved gas attacks

to the WW2 vets that saw thier friend fall on the beaches of Normandy and many more far off lands

to the Korean war veterans who were forgotten

the the Vietnam veterans who were spit at and scorned after risking thier lives

to the cold war vet who stood vigil so the unthinkable would never happen

to the first gulf war vets who so overwhelmed the enemy

to todays service men and women

Happy Veterans day

You and you alone are the reason we are free!

God Bless America :salute:

We just got back from the Veterans Day Parade in San Diego. It truly was a special moment to see the older vets along side the younger ones. I can't express the pride and appreciation that we felt; but what was so hard was not being able to fully express to them how much we cherish what they've done and do for us. Somehow thank you just doesn't cut it.

For those of you here on TS that have sons and daughters that are serving, and in some cases recovering form that service, please share our appreciation. And to those of you that have served...Thank you.

John and Debbie

Now, I thought you all might like to see a work form the heart:

http://blog.woodworkingtooltips.com/2010/11/navy-veteran-carves-thedeclaration-of-independence/

Wow that carving is truly magnificent. Thanks for sharing.

Archived