TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY Muffler Delete System for KR

jo137649

KR Owners,

Looking at the new SPP catalogue, they are offering a Muffler delete system that happens to also be compatible with our KR's for around $279. It claims to deliver a more intense sound with some performance benefit and they also say that its a bolt on part. Is there any of you KR owners that have done this to your KR? If so, could you please provide your feedback/review on it (good/bad/risks). Our KR's are plenty loud but I am very interested in doing it if its a significant increase.

Thanks!!!

KR Owners,

Looking at the new SPP catalogue, they are offering a Muffler delete system that happens to also be compatible with our KR's for around $279. It claims to deliver a more intense sound with some performance benefit and they also say that its a bolt on part. Is there any of you KR owners that have done this to your KR? If so, could you please provide your feedback/review on it (good/bad/risks). Our KR's are plenty loud but I am very interested in doing it if its a significant increase.

Thanks!!!

Its an unbelievably thunderous sound. I experimented a bit with it. Only negative is drowning out the supercharger. Also I dont believe you will see gains. Judging from seat of the pants feel I felt it was actually slower. Could be a backpressure issue.

I've not heard many other deletes other than on internet videos, but I've loved my pypes deletes, no popping or overly raw sound, just loud bad ass exhaust. They actually sound better with the blower, not a lot different, but a noticeable change in pitch/tone whatever... good stuff! obviously mine aren't on a KR, but I would guess the sound is similar to a point...

Hmm. Those look suspiciously like the Roush muffler deletes that come in the trunk of the 427R's. In fact, other than the "Roush" logo on the tips they look *exactly* like the Roush muffler deletes that come with the 427R's.

And if they are the same item, they sound GREAT when installed.

Phill

Ours are manufactured by MRT. I am not sure if Roush uses them as well.

That's okay. You (at least *I*) can't find just the muffler deletes that are part of the 427R package (customer installed) for 2010 models. You have to buy the full "cat back" exhaust system for $585.oo so it's pretty much a moot point.

I was just pointing out that they look *exactly* like the Roush 427R deletes...which I wish I could'a found before buying the whole Extreame exhaust from Roush!

Roush makes quite a lot of his own stuff 'in-house' but you might be right, he might use a outsourced company to make his exhaust for him.

But now I'm curious..who is "MRT"?

Phill

It's short for Mustang Racing Technologies. They are out of MI.

Hmmm, again.

Isn't Roush out of MI?

That would make even more sense! I suspect even more now, that they are one and the same (other than the Roush logo on the tips) items.

Phill

..and I was actually thinking of making mine quieter... :) I'm pretty sure that you won't see any performance gains over the straight-through muffler that comes on the KR, except from dropping a couple of pounds weight..

hey there is a saying "if its too loud your too old"

j/k

peace out

Its an unbelievably thunderous sound. I experimented a bit with it. Only negative is drowning out the supercharger. Also I dont believe you will see gains. Judging from seat of the pants feel I felt it was actually slower. Could be a backpressure issue.

Thanks for the feedback. Was everything back to normal when you switched back (felt normal power wise/could hear Blower again)?

MRT is run by Scott Hoag, former Mustang engineer for a long time. His group was responsible for many of the performance Mustang models over the years.

Although my Dad had a '65 Mustang I used to sneak out all the time, I'm new to the Mustang family so any of the "well known" names in the Mustang circles are new to me.

Jack Roush however, is a name I'm very familiar with (having been involved in the NASCAR BGN, CTS & WC racing circle for a bit).

I think Roush makes some of the nicest stuff out there and if like I suspect, those pipes are the same ones Roush uses on his 427R's....they're GREAT products.

Having said that...I've never seen the Shelby offerings and I have seen the Roush offerings so my guess is just that...a WAG.

Phill

Archived