TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500s sporting 4.6L 4V engines

robertlane

More info?

We have a guy in town with a 4.6 and the full GT500 package added to his car.

It is a shame though because I think a few ricers are running around saying that they beat a GT500.....until they meet me! :spiteful:

Yea that is hilarious. It is kinda like this story of an SRT-8 guy who thinks he smoked a shelby and it was a GT (or maybe a V6) with a cervini kit. This was too funny

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32371

Why are you hangin' on the Charger thread?

That is funny!

The only real race I have been in on the street was with a Hemi R/T Charger. From stopped, from rolling and from speed. We played around for about 6-7 miles. It was an EASY kill each time, nothing to worry about there.

I googled gt500 vs charger to see if there were any videos up and this came up. No...I am not a member of that forum....why would I?Shelby is the best....even the replicas apparently can keep up with srt

This is probably more related to the upcoming GT350 or Bullitt/Mach1, but there are two GT500s sporting 4.6L 4V S/C engines running around here (Dearborn). :shift:

Running around Dearborn, they may be hiding some GT350 or other SE drivetrain testing. Anywhere else you'd suspect cloning.

I've seen at least one clone already. It was well done, unless you looked at the steering wheel or the VIN you wouldn't have known. But it had the 4.6L 3V with a Roushcharger under the hood. All the suspension was Steeda or Roush and it had 14" discs up front (not Brembo).

This is probably more related to the upcoming GT350 or Bullitt/Mach1, but there are two GT500s sporting 4.6L 4V S/C engines running around here (Dearborn). :shift:

Roberto,

Are you certain that they are 4.6 engines? Maybe they are S/C 5.0 Mod motors.

More info?

It is a shame though because I think a few ricers are running around saying that they beat a GT500.....until they meet me! :spiteful:

I'd consider that a GOOD thing that the ricers THINK they can beat a GT500. Lull them into that false sense of security.

Of course, there's always the chance that one of those ricers is one of these, so be careful.

http://www.fast-autos.net/featureCars/2/

Dave

That was enjoyable. He was not going to give in that it was not a true GT500. :hysterical2:

Even when his own charger buddies told him it was not a real Shelby. They told him a real one would smoke him. But hey....shows how much he knows his cars. To me it looked like a V6 with body package....maybe a GT

More info?

More money for the taking! :banana piano:

But why would they need to have mules running that gear? The 5.0 is'nt coming to production. (no flame, Just adding to your post)

Au contere' mi amigo, it is coming....

Hey guys, I don't want to rain on anyones parade but there are quite a few Charger SRT-8's running around with V2-SQ S trim Vortechs that can hold their own. Not to mention when the new V 28 130 starts showing up on the street.

Check out this clip, something for us GT500 owners too.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/global...p;section=Media

Hey guys, I don't want to rain on anyones parade but there are quite a few Charger SRT-8's running around with V2-SQ S trim Vortechs that can hold their own. Not to mention when the new V 28 130 starts showing up on the street.

Good find! But now you are going into mods. mod to mod...I still think a GT500 should blow it out the water. PLus this is a HUGE mod ...add huge mods to a GT500 and its an all new ballpark...I can see it now....GT500 racing fighter jet planes lol :hysterical2: of course the GT500 wont lift off...

That is one heck of an SC in that Vid clip. I wonder what internal work they had to do to keep the engine from failing. That's a bunch of HP. Can the stock 5.4 take it ?

Grabber, I think the 5.4 is good to 950 HP at the flywheel as long as you don't live in the high RPM range too much, but there are some people who can break anything. I think most of us would be happy with a 620 RWHP car that is drivable and can live on pump gas. Thats the range I'll be shooting for, should make for some fun track days.

Good find! But now you are going into mods. mod to mod...I still think a GT500 should blow it out the water. PLus this is a HUGE mod ...add huge mods to a GT500 and its an all new ballpark...I can see it now....GT500 racing fighter jet planes lol :hysterical2: of course the GT500 wont lift off...

SRT-8's aren't SC cars, so how can you compare the two unless you add a SC to the Hemi. I don't think a GT500 would blow a SC SRT-8 out of anywhere, it would be a good match up.

SRT-8's aren't SC cars, so how can you compare the two unless you add a SC to the Hemi. I don't think a GT500 would blow a SC SRT-8 out of anywhere, it would be a good match up.

I def agree with you. My only point being is stock to stock vs mod to mod. SRT may not be SC but it does have a 6.1 hemi vs 5.4. All in all, man you drive th GT500, I am still without one so I respect what you say and give you a credit. I am just thinking SC(mod) 6.1 hemi vs SC 5.4 Evolution(its mod). Maybe someone should just race those 2 cars and see what happens...Video pref :happy feet:

Point taken, I just wanted GT500 owners to beware that if a SRT-8 has the balls to challenge you theres a good chance he has a SC under the hood, this has become a quite common mod for the Charger.

One advantage we GT500 owners do have is that a lot of the 1st generation SC kits for the SRT-8 were causing lean conditions and melting customer's pistons. But other companies have been working on better kits because they are anticipating the Hemi market to really take off after the release of the Challenger.

I just received an e-mail correction. They are indeed 4.6L DOHC S/C engines, but they are NOT related to the GT350, Boss or Bullitt program.

Robert, Could it be that the Sport Trac Adrenaline is coming!!!!!!! :banana piano:

I know louisville is getting ready to tool up for it. I just hope the engine makes its way under the hood!

Point taken, I just wanted GT500 owners to beware that if a SRT-8 has the balls to challenge you theres a good chance he has a SC under the hood, this has become a quite common mod for the Charger.

One advantage we GT500 owners do have is that a lot of the 1st generation SC kits for the SRT-8 were causing lean conditions and melting customer's pistons. But other companies have been working on better kits because they are anticipating the Hemi market to really take off after the release of the Challenger.

Thanks for the info...i have a cousin lookin into sc his srt8 so i will pass this on to him

Archived