TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Headlight question

CMG

I have a 2011 which is standard with the HIDs. Ive noticed that about every other car I pass on 2 lane roads flash there lights at me. I have installed the frpp springs and I could see that if it lowered my rear more than the front how that could be an issue. Anyone else ran into this. Is it all cars with HID?? I guess my car could have been alittle high from factory?? I havnt even looked to see how to adjust them down a little.

I have a 2011 which is standard with the HIDs. Ive noticed that about every other car I pass on 2 lane roads flash there lights at me. I have installed the frpp springs and I could see that if it lowered my rear more than the front how that could be an issue. Anyone else ran into this. Is it all cars with HID?? I guess my car could have been alittle high from factory?? I havnt even looked to see how to adjust them down a little.

I don't have any issues with my HID headlights and FRPP springs. Maybe you just have some sensitive drivers in your area.

I had the same thing happen to me driving on the way home from the dealership down long empty roads, probably 4 or 5 times on the three hour trip but I've never had it happen since. I think if your car is the only light they see for a long time it seems much brighter than normal.

Well if you'd pull your foot off the gas, the front of the car will lower itself.... :hysterical:

Interesting thing to remember when i put springs on. I may take some shots of the lights on my garage wall and compare before and after to see if there's a big difference.....

I have a 2010 with HID's and I've *never* had anyone flash their high's at me (on low beam). And I've drivin a few lonely mountain roads so I'd think if there was a problem, I'd get hit with Hi's.

Having said that...IF I remember correctly, the FRPP FR3 handling pack lowers the rear *slightly* more than the front so your headlights would be pointing up farther than stock. If you were already a little high, you'd be higher which might get you the flashes.

Headlights are easy enough to adjust. You basically just adjust them so they're level. Measure from the floor to the center of your headlight. Take that number and make a mark on a wall with a LEVEL surface in front of it. Put your car about 20 feet back from the wall and adust your beam so the CENTER of it is on the mark.

Left/right is another story and to be honest, I'm not sure if they are supposed to be dead ahead, slightly cross-eyed or slightly outward.

I *THINK* they're supposed to be parrallel to each other (draw an imaginary line).

But I *KNOW* they're supposed to be level.

Phill

I pulled the top shrould off tonite to have a look see. I dont even find an "up and down" adjustment right off. I'll have to research further. I was just going to point them at my shop wall, mark it ,and lower them slightly.

Hmm, that's odd.

I haven't looked at mine (2010) but MOST newer cars today have a bubble level built into them for headlight (elevation) adjustment. Shoot, I think my '06 GMC truck even has them on it.

I'll try to remember to take a look at mine later to see if I can find one. My radiator cover is off already since I'm working under the hood with the Supercharger/Cam Cover/Header install right now. It'll be easy enough for me to look/see.

There WILL be a adjustment for elevation in there (there has to be) but I'm just not sure if there will be a bubble level attached for ease of adjustment.

But for the price we pay for these cars...I'd be surprised if there isn't.

Not shocked, just surprised.

Phill

Read page 57, 58, and 59 of the 2011 owners manual. It's the same info for the 2010's, but on different pages. Read pages 62, 63, and 64 in the 2010 OM for HL aiming instructions.

2011 owners manual. Click on the "lights" tab.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOBMUS/~MUS~LEN/42/11musog2e.pdf

Read page 57, 58, and 59 of the 2011 owners manual. It's the same info for the 2010's, but on different pages. Read pages 62, 63, and 64 in the 2010 OM for HL aiming instructions.

Link doesn't work, something about logging in ?

Here's the info from my copy.

pgs 57,58,59 as stated above.Takes a little while to load.

http://iihs.net/fsm/...%20Printing.pdf

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOBMUS/~MUS~LEN/42/11musog2e.pdf

Duh! thanks for waking me up. I should have checked there 1st.

Archived